Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:18 PM

7 Simple Ways to avoid Scandals as A Celebrity - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Simple Ways to avoid Scandals as A Celebrity (522 Views)

Six Scandals That Rocked Nigerian Entertainment Industry In 2020 / Toyin Lawani Worth N300 Million, Scandals, Business & Marriage / Dress Like A Celebrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Simple Ways to avoid Scandals as A Celebrity by constancefriday(m): 8:56am On Apr 26, 2021
Few Psychological ways to prevent SCANDALS as a Celebrity:
Scandals rock the lives of Popular people sometimes. They often come out of hidden or secret activities that get blown open.
A scandal on it's own is not the issue, it's the noise or opprobrium it attracts that is the issue.
Like experts say 90% of every problem comes from how it is managed not from it's existence.
Here are few Psychological ways to prevent/manage a scandal.
Pls note: don't get these rules twisted or misinterpreted, i'm not advising you to deliberately do something stupid and start trying to cover up, by all means avoid acting stupid. Then these rules can be applied successfully:

(1.) No matter your level of popularity, acknowledge that "you're human" and your humanity will often show it's ugly face.
Feel free to show off your human side sometimes: Laugh, cry, sing, be pissed, eat , swear, scream do whatever you do that often proves you're just as human as everyone else who are watching you from the stands or on tv.
Show off your human side now and then.
As a celebrity Minister of God, i often show off my human side in my speeches, actions etc i don't act all the time like some kind of gold statue that has no trails of frailty though i know my fans/followers think i am some kind of living gold statue.
The fans make the fame for the famous.

(2.) Talk about your mistakes, weaknesses or little failures amidst your greatness. Talk about those few little "not so great moments." They inspire too. Although not 100% of your speeches should be about them, they should be included in at least 5%-10% of your speech. It inspires your audience via reverse psychology.

(3) Talk about your social life, family, friends etc but DON'T TALK ABOUT YOUR PRIVATE LIFE.
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. It's a rule apply it always and every healthy minded person should respect your privacy.

(4.) In the case of the exposure of some private events that you wouldn't like the public to hear about, what do you do?
I. Asses the potential level of damage it can do to your reputation both in the short term and long term basis,
II. Activate the most suitable DAMAGE CONTROL measures to put a kibosh on the spread of the rumor (especially if it's true),
III. Apologize to your fans and followers for the shock or disappointment, promise them it won't happen again,
IV. Engage in conspicuous activities that inspire your fans/followers

(5.) Avoid BERs
Bad-Emotional-Responses to issues surrounding your stardom or popularity comes from the EGO, don't allow your ego get the best of you. That's why acting human or staying calm, smiling in the face of provocation or infuriation really matters.

(6.) Teach People to respect your boundaries. It helps prevent conflicts, or opprobrium.

(7) Be at your best behaviour most of the time. Behaviour is the paintbrush that designs your character to the public often,

(cool Kind gestures when done publicly often wins the heart of your fans back to you if some of them have started doubting you,

(9.) Keep it real, say things how they are, be honest about how you feel,

(10) Watch your words, public statements and associations. Avoid associating with toxic people who do things that drain your energy or fun zest,

(11) Anything you can't find on this list is no longer a simple issue.
Seek for professional solutions to the complex problem.

Thanks.
Yours Sincerely;
Apostle Constance C. Friday
Motivational Speaker/Preacher/ Life Coach.

www.truthandlifegospel.webs.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Simple Ways to avoid Scandals as A Celebrity by ademchij: 2:38am On Aug 03, 2021
constancefriday:
Few Psychological ways to prevent SCANDALS as a Celebrity:
Scandals rock the lives of Popular people sometimes. They often come out of hidden or secret activities that get blown open.
A scandal on it's own is not the issue, it's the noise or opprobrium it attracts that is the issue.
Like experts say 90% of every problem comes from how it is managed not from it's existence.
Here are few Psychological ways to prevent/manage a scandal.
Pls note: don't get these rules twisted or misinterpreted, i'm not advising you to deliberately do something stupid and start trying to cover up, by all means avoid acting stupid. Then these rules can be applied successfully:

(1.) No matter your level of popularity, acknowledge that "you're human" and your humanity will often show it's ugly face.
Feel free to show off your human side sometimes: Laugh, cry, sing, be pissed, eat , swear, scream do whatever you do that often proves you're just as human as everyone else who are watching you from the stands or on tv.
Show off your human side now and then.
As a celebrity Minister of God, i often show off my human side in my speeches, actions etc i don't act all the time like some kind of gold statue that has no trails of frailty though i know my fans/followers think i am some kind of living gold statue.
The fans make the fame for the famous.

(2.) Talk about your mistakes, weaknesses or little failures amidst your greatness. Talk about those few little "not so great moments." They inspire too. Although not 100% of your speeches should be about them, they should be included in at least 5%-10% of your speech. It inspires your audience via reverse psychology.

(3) Talk about your social life, family, friends etc but DON'T TALK ABOUT YOUR PRIVATE LIFE.
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. It's a rule apply it always and every healthy minded person should respect your privacy.

(4.) In the case of the exposure of some private events that you wouldn't like the public to hear about, what do you do?
I. Asses the potential level of damage it can do to your reputation both in the short term and long term basis,
II. Activate the most suitable DAMAGE CONTROL measures to put a kibosh on the spread of the rumor (especially if it's true),
III. Apologize to your fans and followers for the shock or disappointment, promise them it won't happen again,
IV. Engage in conspicuous activities that inspire your fans/followers

(5.) Avoid BERs
Bad-Emotional-Responses to issues surrounding your stardom or popularity comes from the EGO, don't allow your ego get the best of you. That's why acting human or staying calm, smiling in the face of provocation or infuriation really matters.

(6.) Teach People to respect your boundaries. It helps prevent conflicts, or opprobrium.

(7) Be at your best behaviour most of the time. Behaviour is the paintbrush that designs your character to the public often,

(cool Kind gestures when done publicly often wins the heart of your fans back to you if some of them have started doubting you,

(9.) Keep it real, say things how they are, be honest about how you feel,

(10) Watch your words, public statements and associations. Avoid associating with toxic people who do things that drain your energy or fun zest,

(11) Anything you can't find on this list is no longer a simple issue.
Seek for professional solutions to the complex problem.

Thanks.
Yours Sincerely;
Apostle Constance C. Friday
Motivational Speaker/Preacher/ Life Coach.

www.truthandlifegospel.webs.com

(1) (Reply)

5 Times Davido Court Attention At All Cost / Chidinma Preaches In Beer Parlour After Dumping Secular Music (video) / Senator Dino Melaye, Senator Adeleke and Dele Momodu Celebrate Father's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.