Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Three Things I Suggest You Should Do With Your CV When You Are Not Job Hunting. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Three Things I Suggest You Should Do With Your CV When You Are Not Job Hunting. (186 Views)

What Do You Put On Your CV When You Have No Work Experience / 5 Things I Have Learned From Working In A One Man Business / Facts To Remember While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Things I Suggest You Should Do With Your CV When You Are Not Job Hunting. by Excelinpages(m): 11:26am On Apr 26, 2021
I bet you have not even looked at your CV since you got your current job. Usually we only remember our CVs when we want to start applying for a new job. I’ve been there and have learnt some hard lessons. I’ll be sharing with you three things I learned and now regularly do.

Here are three things I suggest you do with your CV when you are not job hunting.

1. Update it
This is one of the most important things you can do to your CV when in between jobs or not actually job hunting. Include new skills, certifications, courses and trainings and most especially new tools you’re not using.
As a rule of thumb, always update your CV once every quarter.

2. Digitize your CV.
But Jude, my CV is in Word and PDF format, what other form of digitization do I need? You see the thing is there are a ton of opportunity flying by without your knowledge and some recruiter may be looking out for somewhere with your competence. How do they find and gauge you when they can’t see your CV? The simple solution to this is to have an optimized LinkedIn profile. If you’re active on social media, ensuring your bio is linked to somewhere your resume can be seen also helps.

Pro Tip here: If you wish to make your CV digital, it is best to place it as a Personal Brand Kit Format. I’ll be sharing more on this in coming days.

3. Compare it
This is a big one for me. I have personally benefited from this the most. When you see a job post, one of the things to do is to quickly compare with your CV. This way, you can easily update and upgrade it because you will see new skills, job description, terminologies and certifications to either add to enrich your CV or learn to enrich yourself.

I hope these three tips have helped you?

What do you do with your CV when you are not job hunting? Please share with me, I’ll love to hear from you. You can share with me on Twitter.

CONNECT WITH ME ON MEDIUM
https://medium.com/me/stats/post/5122b9313f5c

(1) (Reply)

African Startup: Apply For Afd Digital Challenge 2021 (€20,000 Prize) / PMP Certification | PMP Training In Port Harcourt / 特朗普的加速主义就是21世纪新霸权主义

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.