Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

Which Should I Learn First? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Should I Learn First? (391 Views)

Which of these do i learn first / What Do I Need To Learn First? / Python Or Php Which One Should I Learn First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Should I Learn First? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2021
So I started my programming language journey early this year, and so far I have been working with html, css, boostrap and now i moved to javascript , I know the basic am already working with it, have applied it to some website I have built in the past, now I my question is I want to move on to learning libraries and framework, so I need your suggestion which should I learn first library or framework, and which framework do you suggest I learn between angular and Vue for fronted.
Re: Which Should I Learn First? by stanliwise(m): 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
SALLYBERRY01:
So I started my programming language journey early this year, and so far I have been working with html, css, boostrap and now i moved to javascript , I know the basic am already working with it, have applied it to some website I have built in the past, now I my question is I want to move on to learning libraries and framework, so I need your suggestion which should I learn first library or framework, and which framework do you suggest I learn between angular and Vue for fronted.
Angular and Vue are basically on same context. So pick any randomly so by implication learn only one. The need for the other may come in the future.
But Vue is much more beginner friendly since it has cleaner syntax.

Meanwhile I would strongly advise you to focus 70% of your time on fundamentals. Libraries and framework are to make work easier, aside that they really have nothing to offer a beginner.
Re: Which Should I Learn First? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
Where the hell is React? If it must be between angular and vue then learn angular.
Re: Which Should I Learn First? by mcqwerty(m): 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Do Angular. But i doubt if you have really done serious stuff with JavaScript.
Re: Which Should I Learn First? by Karleb(m): 11:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
Angular is like Java, it's the reason why Java and C# developers love it.

It's written in Typescript.

Vue is more of your plain old Javascript and it's easier. It's popular and doesn't scare newbies.

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Learn First? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 5:03am On Apr 28, 2021
stanliwise:

Angular and Vue are basically on same context. So pick any randomly so by implication learn only one. The need for the other may come in the future.
But Vue is much more beginner friendly since it has cleaner syntax.

Meanwhile I would strongly advise you to focus 70% of your time on fundamentals. Libraries and framework are to make work easier, aside that they really have nothing to offer a beginner.

Thank you so much for the contribution, so far I have been able to add some features to my website using javascript, so should learn a library before learning the framework which do you suggest?
Re: Which Should I Learn First? by stanliwise(m): 9:06am On Apr 28, 2021
SALLYBERRY01:

Thank you so much for the contribution, so far I have been able to add some features to my website using javascript, so should learn a library before learning the framework which do you suggest?
A library is toolbox and a framework is a template. Both for same purpose but approach. Frameworks has its rules and learning Curve but it is a total package of a template to solve a problem.

Library is a set of tool infact library is a toolbox, it’s mission could center around a problem but not coupled to work as a total package. So you have more freedom.

To sound like a broken record library and framework abstract a lot of things. Which due to to reluctancy, many beginner fail to worry about how it works. Then all of a sudden they become library and framework addict just to solve simple problems
Re: Which Should I Learn First? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
stanliwise:

A library is toolbox and a framework is a template. Both for same purpose but approach. Frameworks has its rules and learning Curve but it is a total package of a template to solve a problem.

Library is a set of tool infact library is a toolbox, it’s mission could center around a problem but not coupled to work as a total package. So you have more freedom.

To sound like a broken record library and framework abstract a lot of things. Which due to to reluctancy, many beginner fail to worry about how it works. Then all of a sudden they become library and framework addict just to solve simple problems

Thank you so much, I was able to get somethings from what you have said, I appreciate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Question For The Professionals In Programming / Fastra ERP Software|ERP Software| ERP Software In Nigeria / I Turn Written Words Into Money In My Room.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.