Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

The Fruit Of Patience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fruit Of Patience (244 Views)

Lack Of Patience Is What Pushes People To Make Money Illegally. / Prayers For The Fruit Of The Womb / Rccg Sunday School Manual : Topic — The Fruit Of The Spirit: Goodness And Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fruit Of Patience by topshore(f): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2021
Scriptures: Gal 5:22; Romans 5:1-11)

Patience is the hallmark of a believer and one of the Fruit of the Holy Spirit. One of the attributes of God is patience, and that is why we wonder sometimes why some wicked people are not yet consumed. God is simply patiently waiting if they could repent.

What Patience Is
1. Tolerance
2. Calmness in the midst of adversity. Proverbs 14:29
3. Anger extinguisher. Proverbs 15:8
4. A trait of a Holy Spirit- led life
5. A sign of strength
6. A sign of hope and optimism. Ron 5:3-4
6. A wise response to situations. Proverbs 19:11
What Patience Is Not
1. It is not cowardice
2. It is not a sign of weakness
3. It is not pride
4. It is not controlled or achieved by Mr Flesh
5. It is not a sign of fear
6. It doesn't mean you are wrong.

Biblical Examples of Patience
1. Jesus: He demonstrated patience when He was in the ship with his disciples and there was a great storm. He was calm and rebuked the storm to be calm too and it obeyed. Also, when He was being led to the Cross for crucifixion, He was calm and went through humiliation and mockery in love and patience so as to save the world.
2. Abraham: He was patient with God and through that inherited God's promises for him.
3. Joseph: He overcame rivalry battles, and tribulations in the prison and overcame at the end through patience and perseverance.
4. Job: Despite all he faced in trials, he endured in patience(James 5:11)
5. Disciples of Jesus Christ: With patience and perseverance even in the face of persecution they followed Christ to the end.

Brethren, to receive this fruit of patience through the Holy Spirit, you must have given your life to Christ.
Today is another opportunity for you to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and He will turn your world around.
Say: Lord Jesus, I come before You today, I know I am a sinner, forgive me all my sins, cross out my name from the book of hell and fire, transfer my name into the Book of Life, fill me with your Spirit, in Your name I pray, amen.
Congratulations!!!

Let's pray
1. Father, let Your Spirit of patience, love and understanding fall upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
2. I bring my flesh daily under the control of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
3. Father, open my eyes to see things the way You do, in the name of Jesus.
4. Power to please the Lord always, overshadow me now, in the name of Jesus... Amen!
God bless you.
Peace!

1 Like

Re: The Fruit Of Patience by Xscape1993(m): 11:55am On Apr 27, 2021
Amen.
Re: The Fruit Of Patience by Myer(m): 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
Quick question for point number 4 on what Patience is not.

What do you mean by it is not achieved by Mr Flesh?

If it is only by the Holy Spirit then everyone should be manifesting it.

But it is by the Spirit and you disciplining your flesh.

If the flesh (human effort) has no part in it then no Christian should be blamed or judged since it is simply God (the Spirit) who did not help them manifest it.
Re: The Fruit Of Patience by topshore(f): 9:03am On May 04, 2021
God bless you.
We cannot achieve the things of the Spirit through the flesh (Galatians 5:16-17). Patience is one of the fruit of the Holy Spirit and we can only manifest it through Him.
For example, it is the Spirit that tells you to keep quiet in the heat of provocation. If you obey him, you will find peace when the issue dies down. But if you disobey you may regret your actions.

Myer:
Quick question for point number 4 on what Patience is not.

What do you mean by it is not achieved by Mr Flesh?

If it is only by the Holy Spirit then everyone should be manifesting it.

But it is by the Spirit and you disciplining your flesh.

If the flesh (human effort) has no part in it then no Christian should be blamed or judged since it is simply God (the Spirit) who did not help them manifest it.

(1) (Reply)

If Asked "Does Existence End In Your Mind?" Would you Say yes Or No And Explai / Belief Function - How To Hijack The Humanoid R&D Mental Faculty / Useless Browser!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.