Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU (12451 Views)

Factional Presidents Emerge In NANS / Ekpoma Indigenes Protest In AAU Over Sack Of Security Officers, Cleaners (Photo) / Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by helinues: 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2021
Teacher don dey teach us nonsense
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by TotoGame(m): 2:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:
The Vice Chancellor has no power to appoint the Registrar of the university.

That's the work of the Governing headed by the pro-chancellor whose secretary is the Registrar.

The Vice president is just a member of the council.

So In essence, the Registrar issuing the appointment letter to one of the Registrar is deemed right because he communicated the decision of the council as secretary to the board

I don't think the vice chancellor is a member of the governing council

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
TotoGame:

I don't think the vice chancellor is a member of the governing council

He is a member of the council.
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by TotoGame(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

A typo.
Corrected.

ok
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2021
TotoGame:

ok

He is a member of the council. I thought you were referring to where I wrote vice president instead of Vice Chancellor.

VC remains a member of the council.
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by TotoGame(m): 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

He is a member of the council. I thought you were referring to where I wrote vice president instead of Vice Chancellor.

VC remains a member of the council.

really ... thought it's only the Registrar and some selected academic and non academic staff
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by Adex0907(m): 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2021
Too bad
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by akokaite(m): 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
I think this shld be more powerful outgoing Registrar, Mr. Chris Adamaigbo, issued the appointment letter of Barr. Ify Nwabudike as Acting Registrar, who relied on consultation and approval of the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Governing Council of the University.
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by Indispensable85(m): 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:
The Vice Chancellor has no power to appoint the Registrar of the university.

That's the work of the Governing headed by the pro-chancellor whose secretary is the Registrar.

The Vice Chancellor is just a member of the council.

So In essence, the Registrar issuing the appointment letter to one of the Registrar is deemed right because he communicated the decision of the council as secretary to the board

You've said it all, nothing to add. I don't know what's wrong with everybody in this country. They know the right thing but will never do it.
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by Indispensable85(m): 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
Obaseki is becoming far worse than oshiomhole in everything. Everybody is regretting already in the state. Development is on low ebb.
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by Myself2(m): 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
I learnt it was a tussle between the VC and the governing council
My friend who is a senior lecturer at the university just confirmed to me that the matter has been resolved and that Eddy Ekhakhamien is the authentic acting registrar
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by Durklil: 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by blaqoracle: 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
Seniorwriter:
NIGERIA! SMH
This reminds me of a time last year when this Present Clueless Administration(President Buhari's Executive council) appointed a dead man for a ministerial post

@Seniorwriter
I was reliably informed that your dad was the dead man appointed.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU by Seniorwriter(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
blaqoracle:
I was reliably informed that your dad was the dead man appointed.

Mewtsss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics From YOA Annual Mathematics Competition / JAMB Will Not Postpone The 2016 Admission Deadline - JAMB Boss / Mapoly P.u.t.m.e. Form Is Now Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.