Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

How Will You Judge This Case?? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Will You Judge This Case?? (951 Views)

How Would You Judge This Matter? / Nairalanders Pls Help Me Judge This Matter About Cultist - PHOTOS / Before You Judge Mompha Or Air Peace Allen Onyema, Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will You Judge This Case?? by complexBoss12: 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
About 10 years ago I heard a story. I call it a story because I can't vouch for it's truism but the substance is rather interesting.

For a better understanding, let me use The Fulani Herdsmen as an example (No hard feelings, no tribalism, just to paint a vivid picture)

So, The Fulani Herdsmen invaded this community and were slaughtering anyone and everyone. A man in the community managed to escape with his wife and 4 children, the youngest being only 1 year old.

While hiding in a not-too-safe bush, the 1 year old baby started crying, the mum started to breast feed her, just to shut her up, but she wouldn't stop crying. Some of the bandits was headed their way so the father had to take the baby and covered the mouth with his hand. But the baby, kept twitching, trying to cry and making alot of sniffing sound through the nose.

Knowing that seeing them, meant certain death! the father covered the babies nose too. The some of bandits got to that point and decided to wait up for others, by the time they left. The baby had died from suffocation.
All the while, the mother was looking at her baby helplessly, with tears in her eyes, she was gesturing to the husband that the baby was struggling for breathe, the man had a look of pity in his eyes, but he must have thought that he had 3 other Children, his life and that of his wife to protect. So he had to let the baby DIE!!

When the storm was over. They went home. Few days later, the woman sued the man to court for the murder of their Child!!

Assuming you're a judge in Court of Law, how will you judge this case??
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by Olarsview: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
The 3 children will stand in the witness box. If they stand with their mother then murder is the case,but if they stood against their mother,it's false accusation.which will be meted with the full weight of the law.
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by complexBoss12: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
Olarsview:
The 3 children will stand in the witness box. If they stand with their mother then murder is the case,but if they stood against their mother,it's false accusation.which will be meted with the full weight of the law.

The question is, with you being the judge. I have presented the facts, you don't need another witness, what's your judgement??
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by Olarsview: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2021
complexBoss12:

The question is, with you being the judge. I have presented the facts, you don't need another witness, what's your judgement??

The woman would've to bring her evidence,if not,NO CASE.
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by othermen: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hehe
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by dyangprof(m): 6:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
Based on the facts and the evidenced you mentioned my judgement will be "no case to answer and discharged the man acquitted"

1 Like

Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by folabayo(f): 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
Tough one.
If am to b d judge, i will simply free the man, what if they all died?
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
1yr in prison
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by complexBoss12: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2021
folabayo:
Tough one.
If am to b d judge, i will simply free the man, what if they all died?

Really tough, but based on laws of equity, if you apply a human side to the crime, maybe he may walk free
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by illicit(m): 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2021
Nigerians can also use the woman for aiding and abetting murder, why didn't she shout so the Fulanis can rescue her baby

You see the catch 22 situation

1 Like

Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by complexBoss12: 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
folabayo:
Tough one. If am to b d judge, i will simply free the man, what if they all died?
many would agree
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by GIdiata(m): 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2022
women are wicked. that's just d truth
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by philipstanley(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2022
The man did what he thought was right to save them, the woman should understand this therefore I as the judge will dismiss the case and tag it as an accident and not intentional
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by 3idiots: 8:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
As the judge, I will lock up the woman, lol.
Re: How Will You Judge This Case?? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
If the man didn't stop the baby from crying, the entire family would have been killed, I don't blame the man. If I were to be the judge, I would free the man. If the man is wise, after regaining freedom, he should run far from such an evil* wife. She doesn't wish the husband well.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Armed Robbers Take Over Eko Bridge In Lagos / Ijebu-ode Boils As Cultists Kill Policeman, One Other / Where Is Masterminder Of 2011 Christmas Day Bomber Kabiru Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.