Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

ASAP Tickets Is A Scam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ASAP Tickets Is A Scam (753 Views)

Is My Visa Agent A Scam? / BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASAP Tickets Is A Scam by elderkot: 11:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
ASAP Tickets is causing me extreme emotional trauma. I bought a ticket March 14th 2021 from Winnipeg to Nigeria via Germany, departure date was April 01, 2021 and return date is April 21, 2021. However, due to the German authority requirements (provide a negative covid-19 test result not older than 48hours at the point of entry), I was advised by an agent called, Rustam that in order not to be penalized for a no show for the April 01 flight, the ticket, should be cancelled. He then promised that he will look for a cheaper ticket or if I have to pay, it should not be much. I agreed. The ITN confirmation number for the first ticket was SVFSZA. He got back and he said I have to pay $850 for the difference in price for the new ticket. I told him I am already broke and I am going for my mother's burial in Nigeria, otherwise I will not be travelling during this time. That was the biggest mistake I made dealing with these folks.

He said I should borrow the money from my friends. At that point, I said I will like to speak with a manager, Diego spoke with me and said he will sort the issue out. I told him if I cannot get another ticket, then I will need a refund. They came back and said no refund, but they can get an exchange ticket for me. By this time, I have spent 17 hours with them and I have spoken with multiple agents – Fields, Nelson, Rufus, etc

Finally, an agent (Nelson) said he has secured a ticket for me, and that I should pay $762 CAD within 10hour. I paid the money and I believe all is set to go. So, in all I have paid over $2200 Canadian dollars (original ticket fee was over $1400). That is how cheap their ticket is. If you love yourself and need your sanity, run away from these “crooks”. I believed that they just want to get as much money as they could because they knew I wanted to attend my mother’s burial. Below is the screen shot of the webpage I got from them confirming the transaction.

Thank you for completing your order!
ITN CONFIRMATION NUMBER MVGKXX
AIRLINE STATUS: CONFIRMED
AC 3IKUCB
LH 3IKUCB
QR 3IKUCB

And a screen shot of the email saying “your e-ticket is on the way to you”.

I went to bed around past 1:00AM / to 2:00 AM early morning of April 02, 2021, and around 6:00AM, I woke up and made the payment. I went back to bed and in the afternoon, still April 02, I checked my email and you could imagine my dismay when I could not find any e-ticket information from asap tickets (so much about asap). I called the “hundred thousandth” time and I was speechless when I was told I lost that ticket again and I will need to pay more money again. If this is not an extortion, I wonder what it is? The agent will always say, I will get back to you in an hour or two, and in most cases, they never do.

I did a search and I could find a number of dubious stories. Here is one below, listen to her story, and you will see that these folks are crooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCy8_z_goM4

I got the email addresses of some of their top executives, and I basically narrated my ordeal and copied some of the agents that I have been talking with. I got a call from someone else and said I am here to help you out. To cut the long story short, I spent another 4 to 5hours with this agent and he said, the $762 had been returned (money returned after a week plus), and that I needed to pay $717 for the new ticket, but the flight is now going to be April 05. That means, I will get to Lagos April 06 but I will only be able to get to my home town April 07. The same day when my mother’s lying in state will be done. It is very painful that I will not be able to make any last minute arrangement. These folks will mess you up should you have any issue with your original ticket. Even though when I go on the Air-Canada site, I can get a flight for April 4th for $2135, for some reason not known to me, this so called expert could not get that one.

I eventually got an exchange ticket after another $724 was paid ($717 + $7 tip for the agent, for his trouble). Now, I asked for the last lap of my trip to be modified due to the compulsory quarantine policy by the Canadian government, and I have not heard back from them in over 10hours.

In summary, asap ticket is a wolf in sheep skin, very un-professional, and has no business in the travel or hospitality business. If your ticket should have issue, you are doomed. Run away from these guys and don’t touch them with a ten foot pole. I will continue to share this story for all to read and learn from it. You can imagine the horror I have gone through and still going through with the crooks – asap tickets.
Re: ASAP Tickets Is A Scam by NotaMod: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2021
Did you call the airline you're flying with to confirm the flight she also changes to the flight?

I think you should have dealt with the airline directly to confirm cancellation or changes

(1) (Reply)

Most Dangerous Cities In America / Man Shows Living Condition Of Nigerians Who Were Not Granted Asylum In Portugal / Draft In Canadian Dollar -required For Skilled Worker Appl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.