Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

How Do I Go About Resolving This? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Go About Resolving This? (159 Views)

Women Must Play A Larger Role In Peace Building And Resolving Conflicts – Africa / Npower: I Will Be Resolving Issues Of PPA Letter Downloads Tonight / Proven To Be Powerful In Resolving Erectile Dysfunction Troubles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Go About Resolving This? by Concernedfather: 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
My wife just recently put to bed. I am soliciting help here particularly because of the baby. The problem has been there but we have been persevering.

My neighbour has 2 generating sets. The first one is OK (except of course for the noise), while the second, which is the one in use most times, is this ‘I pass my neighbour’ type. The problem is that the generator is very old. You’d recall that it has even been banned from being imported. It gives off this terrible fume that seems to come straight into our apartment. I suspect that it is partly due to incomplete combustion as a result of the age of the set because I know that even 'I pass my neighbour' don’t produce that much fume that this one does.

The generator works all through the night. Most times when electricity is restored, they are fast asleep and only put it off at dawn. I have not made any complaint to the neighbour because, frankly, I don’t know what to say. I don’t know if I have any rights regarding this. I do read reports where entire families die as a result of generator fume, so I am quite honestly, worried here. We are separated by a fence but the structures are quite close to the fence on both sides. The fume comes straight into the apartment like there is no fence at all.

I so much believe in leading a quiet life but this problem is getting on my nerves now, more so, with the arrival of the baby.

Please, advise me. What can I do? What are my options? Do I have any?

Re: How Do I Go About Resolving This? by ATTAHDYE(m): 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2021
you may have to go and talk/plead with your neighbour, he might see reason with you if you highlight the fact that it is putting your babies life in danger.
Re: How Do I Go About Resolving This? by Concernedfather: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2021
ATTAHDYE:
you may have to go and talk/plead with your neighbour, he might see reason with you if you highlight the fact that it is putting your babies life in danger.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

ALGON Moves To End Illegal Road Blocks, Checks Points, Levies / Suspended NPA Boss, Hadiza In Alleged N165.32 Billion Unremitted Fund ‘mess’ / COVID 19 Shutdown Attempt To Import Weapons To Yorubaland, Says Prof Akintoye In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.