Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience (675 Views)

Moment KFC Was Shared At An Event After Food Finished (pics/video) / What Hilda Baci Has Been Cooking For 4 Days To Break Guinness World Record / High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by PediakAuthor: 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2021
As shared by this Facebook user some days ago, I did a screenshot, I'm just having the time to share this.

Here's the question... Is it that Naira does not have value again or what's really happening??

What's your view?

Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by Nbotee(m): 4:54pm On Apr 28, 2021
Na by force to lick mangoes?? Na all dis "One of the reasons why I miss Naija" excuses una dey take deceive Nigerians. U miss Naija becos of Mangoes I'm sure U barely even lick as an adult... Com back na

4 Likes

Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by DDDEnterprises: 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2021
Yes man.

You also experience stable electricity, better security, peace and stability and a more conducive atmosphere.

Some other reasons you miss Nigeria.

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.
Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by Romanoff(f): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2021
Let him come back here and be licking mangoes since he doesn't appreciate what he has.

2 Likes

Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by Kandeed: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
It's not bout the Naira weak or not weak, different country's got their different standard of living.
Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by Mariangeles(f): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2021
Nbotee:
Na by force to lick mangoes?? Na all dis "One of the reasons why I miss Naija" excuses una dey take deceive Nigerians. U miss Naija becos of Mangoes I'm sure U barely even lick as an adult... Com back na
grin grin grin
Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by Bodyodour: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2021
This kind of post annoys me. Is she not earning in pounds?mtcheew...

1 Like

Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by pocohantas(f): 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2021
PediakAuthor:

Here's the question... Is it that Naira does not have value again or what's really happening??

Chick is probably fresh off the boat or just wants to disturb us small.

If at all we should look at it on the surface, it should be the Pound that is valueless. After all, mango is cheaper here and N5000 mango is more than what I can see in that picture.

You don’t just look at currencies through their exchange rate, as there are reasons some countries would deliberately make her currency weak or look seemingly strong(er). This is not to say all strong currencies are not strong.

PPP (Purchasing Power Parity) aside, we should also remember Comparative Cost Advantage. This is one thing we enjoy in agricultural products here. It is a whole lot cheaper for us to produce and sell these things at a cheaper rate in Nigeria. Over there, they may not have the willing manpower or their weather and soil may not be favourable, so they’ll have to tweak nature to grow these crops or import them from countries that produce at cheaper costs. After doing all this, you expect it to be sold at N500, so you won’t miss Nigeria?

Even within Nigeria here, it is cheaper up North, but once it enters 911 and starts traveling to the South, the price go dey increase.

Nigeria has a youthful population with very fertile men and women- always hôrny, knacking and reproducing. Somehow we don’t use this number to our advantage.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by ekene101: 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2021
Nbotee:
No mind am, as if Dem force am buy ,since he can afford it,why complain. Ask him to send £500 so you send him fruits from naija and watch him still lament on how naijas fruit is substandard to that of english. Nigerians and their confused mentalities abroad.
Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2021
N200 mango, 5k? It's better not to buy somethings abroad. Wait until you get home, then you can eat as you like.

1 Like

Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by PediakAuthor: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2021
AsherAmari:
N200 mango, 5k? It's better not to buy somethings abroad. Wait until you get home, then you can eat as you like.
It's even N50 in some places... or N40 self... Lol...

1 Like

Re: 5K For 4 Mangoes: A Nigerian Guy Shared His Outlandish Experience by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2021
PediakAuthor:

It's even N50 in some places... or N40 self... Lol...

Lol.. Amazingly amazing o. Some even pluck it for free.

(1) (Reply)

Where In Lagos Can I Get EWA Agonyin,from The AGONYIN People???? / How Hygienic Is Suya? / Sale Of Commercial Blender (silver Crest)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.