Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom (637 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Imo (graphic Photos) / IPOB Members Killed 2 Policemen In Anambra - Police React (Graphic Photos) / Video Of Soldiers Killing Policemen In Taraba: Don’t Kill Me, Policeman Begged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by Oduduwatic: 5:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
Unknown gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday attacked police officers manning a checkpoint at Urua Inyang, Ika Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, killing two officers while others fled.

DAILY POST gathered that the gunmen burnt down the police patrol vehicle and carted away with rifles soon after the other officers fled.

The latest killing has brought to six the number of Policemen killed in the line of duty in Akwa Ibom by unknown gunmen, while four others have been declared missing.

One officer was burnt to death inside a van in Essien Udim, two Inspectors were set ablaze and a leader of the Quick Response Squad (QRS), a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), was also shot dead while leading the squad to confront armed hoodlums in their base in Ikot Akpan in Essien Udim Local Government Area.

An eyewitness in the last attack and indigene of the community told DAILY POST that, “the armed hoodlums on motorcycles, stormed the checkpoint and shot the two officers dead, while others fled, leaving the hoodlums to seize their rifles and set their patrol van ablaze.”

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, SP. Odiko Macdon, who confirmed the incident to newsmen said he was in the company of the Commissioner of Police CP. Amiengheme Andrew, for an assessment of the attack and, will give the details of the incident later.

His words, “we are in Ika, trying to gather more facts about the incident then I will be in a better position to give details after the visit.

But, the Commissioner of Police and the entire Police community in the state are saddened by the development, given that some officers of the Command had been killed by the hoodlums and others declared missing earlier in the month.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/04/28/akwa-ibom-unknown-gunmen-attack-checkpoint-kill-two-policemen-burn-patrol-van/
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by NwaNimo1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by Six30: 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2021
What is going on in Nigeria? Killing killing killing everywhere.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by Cpossibility(m): 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2021
Enough of the killings please
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2021
I thought the igp disbanded check points??
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by Sirkingsnado: 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2021
Delta and edo plus beyalsa and calabar shuld start d nedful damn niggar hop u wil be alive to c biafra
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2021
The military is overstretched with Boko Haram, Iswap, Bandits Islamic Terrorists

The under staffed police not protecting big men have become slaughter lambs on the streets.

The vegetable president is pushing the people to the wall through economic and jihadist warfare

This is the exact recipe for a civil war breaking out

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by loosecanon50(m): 5:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
The monsters you made....
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by DICKstractor: 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2021
undecided

The rate we keep having unknown gunmen, I'm afraid Nigeria might become unknown in the nearest years to come
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by goodnessme1(f): 5:51pm On Apr 28, 2021
They are only Good in killing unarmed protesters.

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by UnknownGunMan: 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
More to come. This is just the beginning

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by Zooposki(f): 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2021
Sirkingsnado:
Delta and edo plus beyalsa and calabar shuld start d nedful damn niggar hop u wil be alive to c biafra

Niger Deltans are not Biafrans.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by lordcabasa(m): 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
Not Again!!

Just like I was against those who were killed extrajudiciously for waving flags or protesting to have their own country, I also condemn the endless killing of security operatives. I mean these men are peoples husbands, brothers, uncles and fathers. These barbaric and inhumane acts must stop please.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by Sirkingsnado: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2021
Zooposki:

Niger Deltans are not Biafrans.

then die in one Nigeria ezi bida
Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Akwa Ibom by Zooposki(f): 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
Sirkingsnado:

then die in one Nigeria ezi bida

I’m in sifia pains.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Plotting To Attack Lagos —police Commissioner / Buhari didn't attend late COAS's Burial becos he didn't want to block Abuja road / [BREAKING] Twitter Ban: Facebook, IG Unveil Free Products For Content Creators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.