Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:37 AM

Jaa'afar: My Bill Seeking The Establish't Of FMC Mubi Is Set For Public Hearing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jaa'afar: My Bill Seeking The Establish't Of FMC Mubi Is Set For Public Hearing (186 Views)

Abia Speaker Commiserates With CMD Of FMC Umuahia, Prof Azubuike Onyebuchi Over / Senate Steps Down Bill Seeking Establishment Of Armed Forces Service Commission / Adamawa:NTA Mubi Soon To Be Commissioned, DG Praises Lawmaker Efforts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jaa'afar: My Bill Seeking The Establish't Of FMC Mubi Is Set For Public Hearing by TGNEWS(m): 5:48am On Apr 29, 2021
..... I have not stepped down the bill for anyone

A public notice sent to TGNEWS by the Lawmaker representing the Federal constituency of Mubi North, Mubi South and Maiha area of Adamawa State, Hon Ja'afar Abubakar Magaji said his bill seeking the establishment of Federal Medical Center (FMC) Mubi and it will soon be scheduled for public hearing by the National Assembly.

Magaji dispelled a rumors making around town and a video going viral in the social media that he has stepped down the bill for a particular fellow member.

The lawmaker in the public notice letter as a matter of importance told his Constituents that the Bill concerning FMC Mubi has passed the first and second reading on the 12th February, 2020 and 27th February, 2020 respectively on the floor of the House.

According to him the pubic notice is sent because his attention was drawn to widely circulated videos that he stepped down the bill seeking for the establishment FMC Mubi which he earlier sponsored in the House of Representative.

He said as a good parliamentarian, he assured his constituents that he will not compromise nor step down this important bill for another person or a fellow lawmaker.

"This is a Bill which is very dear to me, I started it last year, 2020 and I assure you that by the grace of the Almighty Allah I must see it’s success." He said

Ja'afar continued to say that:

"I wish to draw the attention of the rumour peddlers who misunderstood my motion of 7th February 2020 seeking for the Establishment of Federal Medical centre, Mubi, I was advised by the presiding officer that moving such a motion will not change the law, since the FMC is an institution established by the law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, therefore I was advised to bring our request through a Bill in order to achieve my desire to see Federal Medical Centre being established in Mubi.

" In line with that advice, on the 12th February, 2020 I sponsored the Bill for an Act to Establish the FMC, Mubi which passed the first reading on the same date and on the 27th February, 2020 the Bill was read and duly passed second reading respectively.

"Also it is important to note that the National Assembly is the sole Financier/Organiser of all public hearings, it is not the duty of a legislator who sponsored a Bill to finance it. The delay in conducting the Public hearing in respect of my Bill for the Establishment of Federal Medical Centre, Mubi squarely rest on the leadership of National Assembly and we are collaborating together to have a consensus on the date.

"For emphasis, the Bill for the Establishment of FMC Mubi scaled through the first and second reading because of my zeal, commitment, consultations and lobby among my fellow colleagues, nobody at any time demanded for anything from me to do that.

" I wish to call on all the good people of Mubi North, Mubi South and Maiha Federal Constituency of Adamawa State to please remain calm and give me all the support needed. We shall be working as a team with the executive and the critical stakeholders for the realisation and actualization of FMC, in Mubi. Once more, please be rest assured that this important Bill is not and will never be stepped down for whatever reason or infavorr of any other constituency."

(1) (Reply)

Upwork Freelance Account Approval / Why I Sacked All Members Of Delta State Executive Board – Okowa / Choosing The Right Cat Lovers Clothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.