Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds (40258 Views)

UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level / 300 Level UNICAL Student Dies In Her Sleep / FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Jinad50: 11:26am On Apr 29, 2021
I read all through the long epistle, and i didnt see where the school takes responsibility for that heavy mistake. They stylishly excuse themselves from any mistake and fail to render an apology to the affected students.

Encouraging and percifying the students to accept their fate, in the name of ensuring quality education, doesnt change anything.

The time, monies and effort the students had commited all these while can not be redeem.
Therefore, the school must go extra miles to ensure no affected student pay any academic fees, until they graduate or until the time their fees covers before this ugly incident happens.
In addition, an unresearve apology must be tender to them.
In cases like this, sorry and encouragement is not enough. Failure to do that, the students should sue the school for negligence, decit and other related damages.

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Adabestseason(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2021
I graduated from the university of calabar in 2007, a detailed examinations of my transcripts revealed a lot of careless actions courses i passed were recorded as failed what has happened is a true reflection of such carelessness on the parts of vested interests.The registrar sometimes was in charge of hostel admim. with students affair

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2021
LibertyRep:
How's the rebbutal different from the earlier story?

The bottom line is that students who are already in 400L were asked to return to 200L for no fault of theirs.

Why will the school, a federal university for that matter admit students and collect fees for an unaccredited course.

Isn't that fraudulent?
These are the price you pay when you choose shirt cut. The affected students are all aware that thr courses are not accreditated, but because they went to go to higher institution and study those course, after being denied admission from other schools, they accepts to study those course with less admission requirements.
The same thing happened to one my friend in University of Abuja, where he have to spend 7 years for four years course.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by evil1: 11:40am On Apr 29, 2021
Unical ought to be taken to court.
at least pay for damages

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Judolisco(m): 11:42am On Apr 29, 2021
Na NUC wahala.. If u no face accreditation issues u no go fit understand.... Ask whether d course u applied for is accredited or not.. Make u no go waste money
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:44am On Apr 29, 2021
The Current VC has done very well considering the outcome of NUC visitation to the institution.

I suggest that immediate past VC of the UNICAL that established such faculty without due process should docked by appropriate government agency and demoted his professorship.

3 Likes

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by donproject2(m): 11:48am On Apr 29, 2021
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Jinad50: 11:58am On Apr 29, 2021
I doubt if the VC will forfiet her professorship and doctorate degree and start from her masters programm.

Its easy to tell others to do things that we cant do.
The student should sue the school and everybody responsible for the fruad.

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by aspabay(m): 11:59am On Apr 29, 2021
God bless Nigeria
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by lukaino(m): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
As i was reading this article, i was expecting to see where the University authority would take full responsibility and talk about measures aimed at making the burden of fees and other expenditures less burdensome on parents and sponsors of affected students, but being Nigerians that we are, NONE was offered.
This action by the school authority is highly irresponsible and insensitive.

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Jinad50: 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
LibertyRep:
How's the rebbutal different from the earlier story?

The bottom line is that students who are already in 400L were asked to return to 200L for no fault of theirs.

Why will the school, a federal university for that matter admit students and collect fees for an unaccredited course.

Isn't that fraudulent?
It was no diff frm what was disclose. she was only trying to exonorate herself from blame.
No sense of remorse nor apology in her statement.

This is a fruad that deserves the attention of a judge. The affected students should be handsomely compesated.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by saintmm(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
The students should unite and sue the school governing council for a heavy damages. if not, this nonsense will not stop. besides, where is nans?
business money has come for the business minded folks among the students.

I rise

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Jinad50: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
lukaino:
As i was reading this article, i was expecting to see where the University authority would take full responsibility and talk about measures aimed at making the burden of fees and other expenditures less burdensome on parents and sponsors of affected students, but being Nigerians that we are, NONE was offered.
This action by the school authority is highly irresponsible and insensitive.
God bless u my friend. i share ur sentiment.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Infoay: 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
This is nonsense. You gat their years wasted!

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Jinad50: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:
The Current VC has done very well considering the outcome of NUC visitation to the institution.

I suggest that immediate past VC of the UNICAL that established such faculty without due process should docked by appropriate government agency and demoted his professorship.
How did she do well? if excuseing herself from blame and ensuring students dnt have an issue when they want to serve, is what u call well, then u are joking. What about the fees, effort and time the student had commited, how can that be redeemed? She didnt offer any compesation or subventions regarding academics fees and u said u did well. Was she not part of the system ever since those disciplins started? why didnt she reported the issues to NUC on time? knowing fully well those courses arent accredited. Its a shame to UNICAL and all the persons running the school.

The students should take a legal action.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2021
Abi ori ntayi ni
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by psucc(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2021
Sunnybay7:

And you were collecting money from them all this while.

Why is ASUU crying that Netherlands are rejecting Nigeria degrees & accepting Ghana degrees
because even the buildings for Ghana Universities go tell you something
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
That's why I said that if you want to study course look for full Accreditation. You want MBBS you're going to IMSU? I pity you. All these schools are thieves and Scam people. Wasn't it the same school that admitted 200+ dental student with a quota of 40? Wasn't it UNN that threw many newly admitted MBBS students to various departments without even writing first semester examination? Nigeria has a bad system and I don't like when the schools aren't held accountable.
Imagine millions thrown away into the trash. Pharmacy to pharmacology?grin.
The truth of the matter is if you want courses especially health, check very well. I am very pained like I am their relative.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by abbey621(m): 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
Furthermore, in cognizance of the negative consequence the NUC decisions could have on the students concerned and their families/sponsors, the new Vice-Chancellor, upon assumption of office on December 1, 2020, has held interactive meetings with students of the affected programmes, with a view to encouraging them as a good and caring mother to brace up to the obvious challenge.

Eleribu.....University made an error instead of compensating the students they begin blow grammar. In a competent nation, the students would sue for millions and win easily. Even if you could replace their tuition, what of the years wasted? What of emotional and physical trauma? Some of these students were the last hope of their parents. In this country we like to blame government and politicians but corruption and incompetence dey every corner, if we can't trust scholars and administrators to do the right thing, what hope do we now have for the common man? JAAPA BY ALL MEANS, YOUR FUTURE AND THAT OF YOUR KIDS WILL THANK YOU!

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by GboyegaD(m): 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
I am worried because stress doesn't translate to knowledge. I read an article that stated Netherland now wants to classify Nigerian degrees as an equivalent of a 2-year associate program. Part of the reasons in my opinion is this show of shame by university authorities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Ikenga12: 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
Out of the eater came something sweet to eat.The students can easily cash out BIG time from this traumatising mess.Get a good Humanitarian legal firm on pro bono ASAP and take every penny from those unrepentant incompetent fools.Most legal firms will take up the case especially with the publicity it will generate for them.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Johnsonmorire(f): 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
This one na back to sender o gringrin

I will make a professional oil painting of any picture for 3k. Plus free photo manipulation services. Frames available. Charges not included.
All paintings are top notch.

Contact johnsonmorire@gmail.com or https://+2348132477268
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by venohullo: 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2021
we don ear

Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
I wonder what EFCC is waiting for ,that former Vice Chancellor supposed to be behind bars by now,what's the difference between what he did and 419 and Yahoo yahoo. You set up unaccredited courses to obtain money from innocent students ,and if I may ask ,through which JAMB admission process those students got the admission cos JAMB can never advertise unaccredited courses. So many people needed to be arrested both the former VC with his crews and JAMB officials that listed unaccredited courses for the university .
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
rocknation62:
They said Education is the KEY to success now we have the KEYS but the door no gree open!

What a mess!
fulani herdsmen Don Cary the door go keep for forest.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by mechanics(m): 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
They should not loose hope, and accept what happened as the act of God, anything that has a beginning will surely come to an end, although it will surely dampen their spirit.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by MrEgghead(m): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
fergie0o1:
See Previous thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6505187/unical-vc-florence-obi-asks/2#100781308

SOURCE

lalasticlala mynd44
Some of the students knew but still chose to take the risk....Na Medical students dey suffer this thing pass, all in the name of easy admission.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by ofiko123(m): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
University Education in Nigeria is nothing to write home about...
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by lebienconnu: 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
TroubleMaker47:
I knew this would be the case, hardluck i must say for the students, well half bread is better than non.
I remember similar case in madonna university where they all had to start afresh. The students should just brace up and do it, it's not hw fast but how well!
Ps this would gv the students with poor cgpa a 2nd chance

The best comment so far.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by imagrg(m): 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
Paper qualification but mentally bankrupt...made in Naija.
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Carlyscales: 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
Re: Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds by Realist555: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
mechanics:
They should not loose hope, and accept what happened as the act of God, anything that has a beginning will surely come to an end, although it will surely dampen their spirit.

Your mad, your 1 of the problems of Nigeria. Everything na act of God, even destroying people future. Sue those bastards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2013/2014 Total National Merit Scholarship Award:payment Information Thread / kogi state university (photos) / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.