Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? (616 Views)

How Do I Clear This Guilt Against My Dad? / The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days / Living With The Guilt Of Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by Zeeknow3245(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
I was watching in television and I saw that a lady called her dog guilty because his tail was in-between its legs. I didn't doubt it at all. But something just entered my head. I watched recently a Lion killing a cub of the defeated King to start a new bloodline. The lion wasn't any remorseful but the Lionesses were feeling emotional pain since they were moaning with a rather low tone that is to say Animals feel sadness and emotional pain. A neighbour cat recently fought with a street dog, when the dog saw it the dog ran away but the Cat chased after that is to say they feel fear and hate.
Recently in the US or maybe UK, a dog killed an infant because her owners were too busy with the new born baby that is, Animals can feel jealousy.
But why can't they feel guilt? You see a Dog poop on a wrong place,you beat it.It does it again it again, it feels scared but never guilt.
A dog bit its owner, the owner showed the dog the place of the blood, the dog was wagging its tail. Why not guilt? Fear, hatred,anger, pain,pain(emotional),love,joy, happiness,to protect, sadness, jealousy but never guilt.
My theory is after man fell, God cursed man with the biggest of it all "guilt" because they engineered the suffering of other Creatures. It's rather lamegringrin but I stick with it.
Re: Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by Jeon(f): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
I was watching in television and I saw that a lady called her dog guilty because his tail was in-between its legs. I didn't doubt it at all. But something just entered my head. I watched recently a Lion killing a cub of the defeated King to start a new bloodline. The lion wasn't any remorseful but the Lionesses were feeling emotional pain since they were moaning with a rather low tone that is to say Animals feel sadness and emotional pain. A neighbour cat recently fought with a street dog, when the dog saw it the dog ran away but the Cat chased after that is to say they feel fear and hate.
Recently in the US or maybe UK, a dog killed an infant because her owners were too busy with the new born baby that is, Animals can feel jealousy.
But why can't they feel guilt? You see a Dog poop on a wrong place,you beat it.It does it again it again, it feels scared but never guilt.
A dog bit its owner, the owner showed the dog the place of the blood, the dog was wagging its tail. Why not guilt? Fear, hatred,anger, pain,pain(emotional),love,joy, happiness,to protect, sadness, jealousy but never guilt.
My theory is after man fell, God cursed man with the biggest of it all "guilt" because they engineered the suffering of other Creatures. It's rather lamegringrin but I stick with it.

wahala no too much so?
Re: Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by advanceDNA: 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

I think it’s all in the level of brain functioning... most animals operate at the adrenal and mammalian cortex level...Domesticated animals have only adapted to humans and can slightly tell when humans are angry at them( I have dogs and I can confirm this)...but animal brain isn’t wired to feel guilty......just as u don’t feel guilty when u eat ogufe, Titus, or any other type of meat on your plate.....

still our level of brain complexity and a bit of environmental influence makes us feel guilty.

..if there are no rules and laws... u won’t feel guilty doing some things... if we were still in the Stone Age where some humans eat each other and kill for fun... u probably won’t feel guilty killing your fellow man...

For example...Haven’t u heard the queen of England shoplifts a lot...well that’s becos she grew up not seeing much money..she’s used to thing being provided for her through the royal budget... everything is just available..... she’s not used to paying for things... so once in a while she enters a store..she just picks and leave.....technically she’s not used to the rules that apply to other commoners..

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by Raddie(m): 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2021
Mosquitoes in my room should feel guilty too!
Re: Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by Richy4(m): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
Raddie:
Mosquitoes in my room should feel guilty too!

But you know it doesn't have father and mother... it was only depending on you as it's source of Joy, happiness and companion smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by JovialJune(f): 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2021
Richy4:

But you know it doesn't have father and mother... it was only depending on you as it's source of Joy, happiness and companion smiley

Lol you're not nice grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by JovialJune(f): 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
advanceDNA:

For example...Haven’t u heard the queen of England shoplifts a lot...well that’s becos she grew up not seeing much money..she’s used to thing being provided for her through the royal budget... everything is just available..... she’s not used to paying for things... so once in a while she enters a store..she just picks and leave.....technically she’s not used to the rules that apply to other commoners..

Is this for real? It really did happen?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by BrazilAirport: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
Animals have a brain just like humans. So they feel pain and guilt just like humans do. That's why I chose to be a vegetarian and it's fine by me
Re: Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by Richy4(m): 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
JovialJune:

Lol you're not nice grin

grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think Animals Feel Guilt? by em19em9: 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
Nice Let me mind my own business

(1) (Reply)

Shoprite Father's Day 2021 / 5star Hotel For Sale In Portharcourt / Smoke Toxic From Cooking Neighbor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.