Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

The Platform Is A Waste Of Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Platform Is A Waste Of Time (257 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate / El-rufai Absent From The Platform After Public Outrage / 'Boycott The Platform' Trends To Protest El-Rufai's Inclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Platform Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2021
The Platform was created by Pastor Poju Oyemade the senior pastor, covenant Christian center in lagos, actually the aim is to influence Government policies. Every year, politicians and people of influence are brought on stage to speak about their vision for Nigeria.

To be sincere, it is a good initiative, it could be a think tank group but i have come to realise that the platform is just a means for people of influence in our society to give motivational speeches to people.

Sometimes, some of the speakers always have bright ideas on how to change Nigeria but when they go back to their respective homes and offices, the ideas flies away. I have come to realise that this is just Nigerian panty ways,

it seems most of the speakers realised that
Nigerian are used to motivational speeches, so they give out those motivational speeches, after that, the audience claps for them, they all go home and Nigeria still remains the same.

What exactly is the purpose of the platform when change can not be made, in my opinion, the platform is just part of the political entertainment sector, where future political aspirants come to give out their " beautiful idea" to influence people to vote for them.
Re: The Platform Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
Well. I don't think it's a waste of time.

But the Church is becoming too woke for my liking. A the only one I attended physically, there were no words of prayer whether at the beginning or the end of the programme.
Imagine a programme 100% funded by the Church!
Re: The Platform Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
PenuelFarms:
Well. I don't think it's a waste of time.

But the Church is becoming too woke for my liking. A the only one I attended physically, there were no words of prayer whether at the beginning or the end of the programme.
Imagine a programme 100% funded by the Church!

The church is funding it but you should understand it is a political forum.

The program is supposed to be inclusive regardless of religion so starting with prayers will make it a Christian program.
Re: The Platform Is A Waste Of Time by em19em9: 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
dont quote me

(1) (Reply)

Arewa, Afenifere, PANDEF, Ohanaeze, Others Angry As Presidency Alleged There’s P / Amaechi Inaugurates, Mandates Panel To Probe Contracts Awarded Under Bala-usman / 7 Reasons Why There's Always Conflict In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.