Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom (1237 Views)

Fayose Relocates Hausa Community Members Following Attacks / Osinbajo Meets The Hausa Community Leaders In Ikoyi Obalende / Obiano Appoints Special Adviser From Hausa Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by nduchucks: 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2011
Lets hope it was a random act of robbery.

The Hausa community living on Marina Road in Oron, Akwa Ibom State was Thursday evening attacked by unidentified gun men numbering about seven. The attackers were said to be armed with guns, cutlasses and other dangerous weapons. Three of the Hausa people attacked sustained various degrees of injuries from machete cuts. They have since been treated and discharged from a clinic in the town.

Soldiers patrolling the area under a joint patrol operation code name ‘Aduma,’ meaning thunder had arrested one of the attackers and recovered a gun from him. The chief of the Hausa community in the town, Alhaji Saidu Sarkin Hausawa said the attackers went to the area around 7pm on motorcycles. “Though we are yet to know there motive, but I suspect they were armed robbers. I don’t want to rule out other reasons like reprisal, but I still want to believe it was a mere robbery. The soldiers who arrested one of attackers refused to speak further. Some members of the indigenous community came to sympathize with us after the attack. That suggests further that it may not be a reprisal attack.”

“But when the attackers came, they did not shoot any of the guns they were carrying, but they attacked anybody at sight and carted away over N100,000, handsets and other valuables. Majority of our people have run away from Oron following the violent clash in some parts of the north for fear of reprisal attack. There is no major threat here yet because we are living in peace with the people. That notwithstanding, we are on alert,” he said.

Police Public Relations officer (PPRO) in the state, ASP Onyeka Orji, said: “I am still trying to get details of the incident.”

Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Chyz2: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Lets hope that it's the beginning of reprisal attacks against Hausas in the south.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by koruji(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2011
This certainly appears like a random act of robbery, and hopefully nobody is contemplating any reprisal attacks anywhere.

We need to calm down, and remember that the politicians (North or South) will never get in the streets or be near the carnage.

@ndu_chucks
Source?

ndu_chucks:

Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by seanet02: 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ibos don't attack you if they will not gain Financially!!
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche3(m): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2011
Chyz*:

Lets hope that it's the beginning of reprisal attacks against Hausas in the south.

As long as women and children are not targeted. I have no problem with this.

We are civilized in the South.

I am glad my mother's people are doing something about this.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche3(m): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2011
seanet02:

Was this really needed?

I mean really.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by nduchucks: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2011
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by ZnO: 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2011
seanet02:

Only an Oduduwa pikin (ignorant as they come) does not know that Akwa Ibom has nothing to do with Igbo. Ignorant people whose lives begin in Oyo and end in Ilesha.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by ZnO: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2011
Daily Trust, an hausa/fulani mouth pieces carries a story that allegedly happens in Oron against hausas. What about the southern papers?

The story is even written by a Shehu Abubakar, Uyo

This one na fake northern concocted story, I beg.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by seanet02: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2011
ZnO:

Only an Oduduwa pikin (ignorant as they come) does not know that Akwa Ibom has nothing to do with Igbo. Ignorant people whose lives begin in Oyo and end in Ilesha.
Olodo, even a Pea brained knows Oduduwa republic extend as far as Brazil, Togo, Benin and Caribbean countries.
Olodo Rapata
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by ZnO: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2011
seanet02:

Olodo, even a Pea brained knows Oduduwa republic extend as far as Brazil, Togo, Benin and Caribbean countries.
Olodo Rapata

My emphasis was clearly on Nigeria. However, even those hopeless oduduwans in Brazil are ignorant too. Their own lives begin in Sao Paulo and end in Rio.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by seanet02: 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2011
ZnO:

My emphasis was clearly on Nigeria. However, even those hopeless oduduwans in Brazil are ignorant too. Their own lives begin in Sao Paulo and end in Rio.
You are Steepid!!!!
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Ystranger: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
ZnO:

I think you are igbobuigbo, you have the swagz of Aken Egba though?

Am I right?
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Dede1(m): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2011
seanet02:

You still have not realized that Ndigbo are not foolish bunches that embark on wasteful endeavor. Olodo!!
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2011
This is bad.

Nigeria is like a domino effect. I expect another attack soon in another region.

Leave the Hausa communities alone. This is unfair to innocent civilians who had nothing to do with what is going on up North.
Why are Southern Nigerians so hypocritical. Why attack innocent people when you dont want to be attacked?
This is highly ridiculous!

What are the local govt officials going to do about this?
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche3(m): 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

This is bad.

Nigeria is like a domino effect. I expect another attack soon in another region.

Leave the Hausa communities alone. This is unfair to innocent civilians who had nothing to do with what is going on up North.
Why are Southern Nigerians so hypocritical. Why attack innocent people when you dont want to be attacked?
This is highly ridiculous!

What are the local govt officials going to do about this?

It is indeed unfair, but this is how Africa works.

In the old days, if a member of my clan was killed by another clan or group, then a village would be targeted for annihilation.

Our forefathers were less forgiving of those who killed others.

Until Northerners understand that there is repercussions when you attack innocent people, it is kind of hard for me to condemn such acts.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2011
EzeUche__:

It is indeed unfair, but this is how Africa works.

In the old days, if a member of my clan was killed by another clan or group, then a village would be targeted for annihilation.

Our forefathers were less forgiving of those who killed others.

Until Northerners understand that there is repercussions when you attack innocent people, it is kind of hard for me to condemn such acts.

No, that's not how Africa works. That's how senseless men work.

How is attacking innocent going to dial down the attacks in the North. This is rubbish, those attackers are cowards; attacking innocents. Why not go to the North and attack them there in huge numbers.

This is disgusting and unfair!
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche3(m): 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

No, that's not how Africa works. That's how senseless men work.

How is attacking innocent going to dial down the attacks in the North. This is rubbish, those attackers are cowards; attacking innocents. Why not go to the North and attack them there in huge numbers.

This is disgusting and unfair!

Direct your anger at those who brutalize your people and stop worrying about other are avenging the deaths of their comrades.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
EzeUche__:

Direct your anger at those who brutalize your people and stop worrying about other are avenging the deaths of their comrades.

Like I said, this is a domino effect. The foolishness of A/Ibom ppl has a 50% probability of spreading.
In all hopes, the SS/SE'ners dont try this rubbishness in other states. This is pure show of cowardice.

Such a shame that after previous history, Nigerians still lack the common sense to solve national chaos.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche3(m): 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Like I said, this is a domino effect. The foolishness of A/Ibom ppl has a 50% probability of spreading.
In all hopes, the SS/SE'ners dont try this rubbishness in other states. This is pure show of cowardice.

Such a shame that after previous history, Nigerians still lack the common sense to solve national chaos.

These riots in the North are perennial. We in the SE/SS rarely turn to violence when our people are attacked. Enough is enough. And I am glad the OPC in your region is willing to do something about it as well. I wouldn't expect you to understand, because you are a woman. Maybe I shouldn't say that, because I know women who are crying out for blood as well. angry
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2011
EzeUche__:

These riots in the North are perennial. We in the SE/SS rarely turn to violence when our people are attacked. Enough is enough. And I am glad the OPC in your region is willing to do something about it as well. I wouldn't expect you to understand, because you are a woman. Maybe I shouldn't say that, because I know women who are crying out for blood as well. angry

The smart thing to do is go to the North and do something there. Cowardice will not let them because the Hausas are in great #s there.
Why attack innocent civilians who have not touched the hairs of S'ners since this election period?

Nobobody is asking you not to do your thing, just do them in the right place.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche3(m): 8:03pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The smart thing to do is go to the North and do something there. Cowardice will not let them because the Hausas are in great #s there.
Why attack innocent civilians who have not touched the hairs of S'ners since this election period?

Let see how you feel if a Hausa targeted members of your family simply because you are a Yoruba, then talk to us.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Dede1(m): 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I hope it will not take you the whole year to comprehend the alleged incident in Oron, Akwa Ibom State was more of armed robbery than reprisal attack.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2011
EzeUche__:

Let see how you feel if a Hausa targeted members of your family simply because you are a Yoruba, then talk to us.

When it comes to innocent Civilians, my ethnicity does not matter.

Just because the Northerners in the North harms the innocent, does not okay the South to do the same thing.

There's no justification whatsoever for attacking these innocent Hausas who prolly left the North for greener pastures, like some of us do.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by EzeUche3(m): 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

When it comes to innocent Civilians, my ethnicity does not matter.

Just because the Northerners in the North harms the innocent, does not okay the South to do the same thing.

There's no justification whatsoever for attacking these innocent Hausas who prolly left the North for greener pastures, like some of us do.

Well God bless your heart. smiley

I mean that. To be honest, I do not know what I would do if a riot occurred in PH.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2011
To all vampires wishing this to be reprisal attacks on the northerners by the Ibibios are in for another loss.

The real hausa comminuty fondly called hausa quarters is located behind post office on hospital road, off Atabong, while that of marina is just a temporary location

for the northern marchants involve in the buying and selling of perishable goods. e.g yam,tomatoes,onions. I will point out that those abokis display huge amount of money carelessly.

By this, i can confidently say that, its an act of robbery. cos any one familiar with Eket will surely knows that those areas normally have a routine arm robbery

incidents by igbo boyz from the neighbouring Abia communities.

I wonder why the Ibibios should be ones taking the burden of the Igbos. And i doubt if Akwa Ibomite is killed in the crisis to warrant reprisal.

So, from grace bill, afah uqua, afah eket, atabong, hospital road, marina NOTHING THEY HAPPEN cheesy cheesy cheesy

NEXT!
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2011
situations like this will spark off reprisal attacks. You know how rumor flies.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by dempeople(m): 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

To all vampires wishing this to be reprisal attacks on the northerners by the Ibibios are in for another loss.

The real hausa comminuty fondly called hausa quarters is located behind post office on hospital road, off Atabong, while that of marina is just a temporary location

for the northern marchants involve in the buying and selling of perishable goods. e.g yam,tomatoes,onions. I will point out that those abokis display huge amount of money carelessly.

By this, i can confidently say that, its an act of robbery. cos any one familiar with Eket will surely knows that those areas normally have a routine arm robbery

incidents by igbo boyz from the neighbouring Abia communities.

I wonder why the Ibibios should be ones taking the burden of the Igbos. And i doubt if Akwa Ibomite is killed in the crisis to warrant reprisal.

So, from grace bill, afah uqua, afah eket, atabong, hospital road, marina NOTHING THEY HAPPEN cheesy cheesy cheesy

NEXT!

Guy this your thinking is quite flawed, I must say. So, of all those southerners killed up north, none of them was from Akwa Ibom? I wonder why people always fancy thinking the Igbos are the main targets up north (though a lot of factors come to mind) whereas the animals doing the killing can't quite differentiate between which is which , just like in '66 when many Ak's lost their lives in the mayhem.

Open your eyes very well. The country is gradually seeping into a huge ball of fire. From all indices on ground, reprisal attacks are very likely to happen in areas in the south. I honestly do not pray for such but reality is reality.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by Rhino5dm: 10:27pm On Apr 23, 2011
^^^Am a proponent of erupting 6 new countires from Nigeria. Am very happy that the opportunity for that is now.

so, am doing anything worth doing to achieve that. How long shall we continue to be witnessing violence after election due to regional and religious diffrencies??
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by pleep(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Holy sh1t you don't even know what the hell your talking about! This was obviously an armed robbery, not some kind of act of revenge. Stop spreading stupid fvckin rumors! or atleast wait until the motives are confirmed before you start!
of all the people that are inclined to violence in this stupid country akwa- ibom is the least.
Re: Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom by ZnO: 10:54pm On Apr 23, 2011
pleep:

Holy sh1t you don't even know what the hell your talking about! This was obviously an armed robbery, not some kind of act of revenge. Stop spreading silly fvckin rumors! or atleast wait until the motives are confirmed before you start!
of all the people that are inclined to violence in this silly country akwa- ibom is the least.
Obviously she think AKS is one of their ''wetie states''. They brought their rascally ACN there recently to try to destabilize a place outside their natural truculent enclave.

(1) (Reply)

Gubernatoral_election_results_live_updates-234next.com / Osogbo War Of 1840 Revisited / Ogun Wades Into Yoruba/ Fulani Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.