Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

What You Don't Know About Christianity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Don't Know About Christianity. (144 Views)

Was Celsus Right About Christianity? / My Top 10 Quotes About Christianity!!! / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Don't Know About Christianity. by Propheticdavid: 12:23am On Apr 30, 2021
Many people today view Christianity in the religious point of view, and they don't seem to understand it, especially the trinity(tripetal nature of God).
First of all, true Christianity is more than a religion. Christianity is a spiritual reality in God:a spiritual journey with Jesus Christ leading to the kingdom of God.
Being a Christian is a spiritual identity, not about  carrying rosary around, oblation or dress code,or chanting some monotonous chant just for the sake of it.
To really understand Christianity you need to know that worship in it true sense, is something you have to be happy doing, need to come out of your heart. If you're being compelled to do things then it's not worship because God doing the time of creation can decide to make us like robots, but instead he gave us the mind of our own because that what makes true worship.
TRINITY (TRIPETAL NATURE OF GOD).
No one has seen God, no one can explain God we can only try based on what has been revealed to us, no one can behold God in ALL HIS GLORY.
JOHN1:18: no one hath seen God at any time, the only begotten son which is in the bosom of the Father he hath declared him.
You see that I laid emphasis on IN ALL HIS GLORY. what some of us don't know is that if God appear to you in his real form(whole dimensions). Your dimension cannot behold(withstand) that glory.. You can't even be alive in human flesh and see him.. I hope you get what I'm saying.
He is the I AM THAT I AM, THE ANCIENT OF AGES, THE ALPHA AND OMEGA.
some of us think that the ancient of days looks like us (human), because its written that God made man in his own image, image in this biblical context means likeness or nature... Not facial expressions or outward appearance..(genesis 1:26). NKJV elucidate it.
So without deviating, GOD himself bring forth different dimension of himself, to interact with him and his creations. Even man is a dimension  of God but we are not going there today.
Now that we tried to discuss God to some extent we're graced to, (because he is too mighty for our ingenuity to fully comprehend).
Now let move to jesus christ.
jesus christ is God, he is the dimension to which man has been graced to behold, I know someone will say I Said  he is God and he is also called the son of God, how can he be God and of son of God at the same time. Relax, this is it:
JOHN1:1-5: IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD.
ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM:AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANYTHING MADE THAT WAS MADE.
IN HIM WAS LIFE :AND THE LIFE WAS THE LIGHT OF MEN. AND THE LIGHT SHINETH IN DARKNESS :AND THE DARKNESS COMPREHEND IT NOT.
JOHN 1:14:AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELTH AMONG US (AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER) FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH. by this , you can see that the administrative identity or dimension of God is jesus christjohn1vs -2, Jesus is the word, that was with God right before the foundations of the earth were laid, and also he was God. You can see it in above John 1vs1...this God also came to earth in the person of jesus christ, John vs 14.I patiently explained it because I know someone will rush through that scripture. Further reading john14:7: if ye had known me, ye should have known my father also:and henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Vs8:philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father and it sufficeth us.
Vs9 jesus saith unto him, have I been so long time with you, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He that hath  seen me hath seen the father :so why then do you say, show us the father?
Another proof from the bible that Jesus is God
MALACHI 3
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me(1),and the Lord, whom you seek, shall suddenly come to his temple(2), even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in(3):behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.(4)
(1) refers to John the baptist.
(2)refers to jesus christ
(3) refers to holyspirit
(4) you see the last lord is in capital letter, LORD of hosts.
Do you know the meaning of LORD of hosts:God that emcompasses the whole DIMENSION, ALL IN ONE, ONE IN ALL.
HOLY GHOST /HOLY SPIRIT
GOD interact with man on earth through his spirit (Holy ghost /Holy spirit). In the days of old, the spirit of God comes upon men of God. Men like elija, John the baptist just to mention. The Holy spirit is an intermediary between God and man. Also the Holy spirit is an intercessor, interceding for man. That why we need him in order to truly worship God in spirit and in truth.
JOHN4:23:BUT THE HOUR COMETH, AND NOW IS, WHEN THE TRUE WORSHIPPERS SHALL WORSHIP THE FATHER IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH:FOR THE FATHER SEEKETH SUCH TO WORSHIP HIM.
JOEL2:28:AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS AFTERWARDS, THAT I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT UPON ALL FLESH, AND YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHECY, YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS, YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS.
The difference between the operation of the spirit of God back then and now is that, he comes on them and return, but as  from the time of the apostle, right from the day of pentecost till now, man made clean by the blood of jesus christ which he shed on the cross, that any willing vessel ready to be sanctified and saved by the blood of the lamb. The holy spirit will dwell in the them making their bodies the temple of God.
ZACHARIAH 12:10:I WILL POUR UPON THE HOUSE OF DAVID, AND UPON THE INHABITANTS OF JERUSALEM, THE SPIRIT OF GRACE AND OF SUPPLICATIONS:AND THEY SHALL LOOK UPON ME WHOM THEY WILL HAVE PIERCED, AND THEY SHALL MOURN FOR HIM, AS ONE MOURNETH FOR HIS ONLY SON, AND SHALL BE IN BITTERNESS FOR HIM, AS ONE IN BITTERNESS FOR HUS FIRSTBORN.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE SANTIFICATION AND SALVATION OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, DO YOU WANT TO BE FREE FROM THE CHAINS OF DEATH AND LIVE ETERNAL LIFE. :
SAY THIS PRAYER FROM YOUR HEART WITH ALL SINCERITY ,:LORD  JESUS, I'M FED UP OF THIS LIFE OF SIN, I SURRENDER MY LIFE TO YOU, REVEAL YOURSELF TO ME, I DON'T WANT DIE, I WANT LIVE ETERNAL LIFE, BLESS ME WITH HUNGER FOR YOU, SO I WILL SERVE WITH ALL OF MY SOUL, ALL OF MY LIFE. AMEN.
Get a copy of the bible read, make sure you read the new testament , download sermon about the kingdom, you can fast if you want to, develop your prayer life.. If you really mean it, the Holy spirit will come upon you.
Peace of the Lord jesus christ be upon you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Christianity. by Hashabiah: 12:39am On Apr 30, 2021
Nice writeup

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Pastor D Adeboye Is Dead / Crusade! Crusade!! Crusade!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.