Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin (1779 Views)

Meet Putin The Russian President, His Wife And Daughters / Russian President Vladimir Putin Has Dropped 800 Lions And Tigers On The Streets / ‘Pinch Me!’ - Vladimir Putin To Nigerian Student Who Was Bemused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by StephenBB(m): 5:55am On Apr 30, 2021
Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin (born 7 October 1952) is a Russian politician and former intelligence officer who is serving as the current
president of Russia since 2012, previously being in the office from 1999 until 2008.

Let's take a look at some unknown facts about one of the most feared men in the world.
I personally love this intelligent man just because of no. 6

1. Putin plays ice hockey and practices for hours in an ice rink outside town. Does he love that sport? We don’t know! But we do know that ice hockey being Russia’s national sport, playing it will gain sympathy points just as in case of Germans who happen to love soccer.

2. He loves adventures quite a lot. No wonder in 2013, he went 200 feet under water (in a submersible) in Gulf of Finland to pay a 140 years old shipwreck a visit.

3. He is good at fishing too! In 2013 again, he was on a fishing trip to Siberia where he managed to catch a 46-pound pike, making it one of the biggest catches in world. Some anglers however say that the fish was probably half the weight that was claimed.

4. Kremlin Youth Camp received a visit from Putin in 2012. Putin did a number of things there including scaling a climbing wall and participating in arm wrestling. He did something else too! He attempted bending a frying pan using his bare hands! It is not very clear whether he succeeded in doing so or not.

5. Enough of his macho side. Here is more of his actual abilities – he becomes nervous when it comes to speaking English, so he avoid speaking it during important meetings for people not to look down on his intelligence but he is perfect when it comes to speaking German.

6. In 2000 he won the Presidential election and then won it again in 2004. Because of term limits mandate, it was not possible for Putin to run for a third term as President. He ensured that Dmitry Medvedev, his protégé became the President and Putin became the Prime Minister again. Putin again ran for Presidential post in 2012 and won it.

7. Putin had two elder brothers. Their names were Albert and Victor. Albert died during infancy. Victor survived only to die of diphtheria during Siege of Leningrad.

8. Putin’s mother Maria survived Siege of Leningrad by Finnish and German troops between 1941 and 1944. During the siege period, wall supplies to Leningrad were cut off, starving and killing about a million people. One of the elder brothers of Putin also perished during that siege. Putin was not yet born then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by StephenBB(m): 5:58am On Apr 30, 2021
9. During puberty, Putin realized that the other male teenagers were growing up fast. In order to be not being bullied by them, he started learning judo and by the time he was 18, he achieved a black belt.
Not only Judo, he even learned Samozashchita Bez Oruzhiya – popularly known as Sambo – a Russian martial art.

10. Putin is very fond of dogs. He has several of them. In 2007, Putin was blamed of scaring Angela Merkel – the German Chancellor. Putin and Angela were in a diplomatic meeting to discuss over Russia supplying energy to Germany. Putin was aware that Angela was very afraid of dogs as she was bitten by one when she was a child. Still, Putin brought his black Labrador to the meeting. grin grin

11. In 2010 when Ryazan region in Moscow came under wildfire, attempts were made to put off the fire using fire-fighting plane. Putin copiloted one such plane. Basically all he did was to push the button that released the stored water on the fire below.

12. Putin worked as a foreign intelligence office for KGB. His service tenure in that rank was 16 years. During that period, he became Lieutenant Colonel and eventually resigned from KGB in 1991.

13. Though Putin is beyond the nostalgia for USSR, he definitely has great affinity for USSR’s symbols of power. No wonder, he reintroduced the Soviet anthem (however, he had the lyrics changed).

14. Although Putin only earns a salary equivalent to $137,000 a year, because of corruption and cronyism he’s believed to secretly be one of the wealthiest men in the world. Putin is reported to have used his political influence to acquire stakes in several Russian and Ukrainian corporations that makes him worth more than Amazon founder Jeff Bezos. According to a former Russian deputy prime minister, Putin owns 20 palaces (including one valued at $1 billion), four yachts, 58 aircraft, and a collection of watches worth half a million dollars. Most of his assets are hidden through shell companies and other tactics used to shield his net worth from public scrutiny.
So, we can say he's the most richest (illegally) man in the world.

15. He is an author than has written more than 3 books.

Lalasticlala Mynd44
What's your take on this?

1 Like

Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by Racoon(m): 6:06am On Apr 30, 2021
The unique feature with him is his firm and decisive nature against terrorists thought it cant be over emphasized that Putin himself belongs to a Russian mafia/terrorist group.To fix arrangement terrorists meeting with God is his responsibility but to forgive them is up to God.

1 Like

Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by Sunnybay7: 6:06am On Apr 30, 2021
Putin was blamed of scaring Angela Merkel – the German Chancellor. Putin and Angela were in a diplomatic meeting to discuss over Russia supplying energy to Germany. Putin was aware that Angela was very afraid of dogs as she was bitten by one when she was a child. Still, Putin brought his black Labrador to the meeting.
Crazy President
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by blowjob: 6:21am On Apr 30, 2021
PUTIN NA DICTATOR
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by liajosh(m): 6:26am On Apr 30, 2021
Putin is reported to have used his political influence to acquire stakes in several Russian and Ukrainian corporations that makes him worth more than Amazon founder Jeff Bezos. According to a former Russian deputy prime minister, Putin owns 20 palaces (including one valued at $1 billion), four yachts, 58 aircraft, and a collection of watches worth half a million dollars. Most of his assets are hidden through shell companies
Imagine 58 aircraft, most politicians are super greedy.
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by StephenBB(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2021
Mouth Gig:
PUTIN NA DICTATOR
Dictator wey increase Russia economy steady for the first batch of him 1st and 2nd tenure.
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by Daniel058(m): 6:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Mouth Gig:
PUTIN NA DICTATOR
we would be thankful if we have his type here.

But here ,We have terrorist in Chief of all Terrorists in Africa as president
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by StephenBB(m): 7:02am On Apr 30, 2021
Daniel058:
we would be thankful if we have his type here.
As in ehn...his ruling is always strict.
But it's for the good of his citizens.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by tolugar: 7:07am On Apr 30, 2021
The strongest president the world has seen.

They fear him more than Russia.

I love the man.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by StephenBB(m): 7:16am On Apr 30, 2021
liajosh:
I don't know if he's greedy or just loves living the life. grin
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by talk2hb1(m): 7:28am On Apr 30, 2021
He look decisive
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 30, 2021
Number 16. His xwife eloped and later married ocheremy
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 30, 2021
Waiting for that of BUHARI
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by TheEnygma(m): 10:29am On Apr 30, 2021
From what I hear , he's doing a good job as being the president.... So he can stay there as long as he wants.
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2021
Unknown facts that you, of all people, know.

Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by michresakidjo(m): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
Sunnybay7:

Crazy President
StephenBB:
9. During puberty, Putin realized that the other male teenagers were growing up fast. In order to be not being bullied by them, he started learning judo and by the time he was 18, he achieved a black belt.
Not only Judo, he even learned Samozashchita Bez Oruzhiya – popularly known as Sambo – a Russian martial art.

10. Putin is very fond of dogs. He has several of them. In 2007, Putin was blamed of scaring Angela Merkel – the German Chancellor. Putin and Angela were in a diplomatic meeting to discuss over Russia supplying energy to Germany. Putin was aware that Angela was very afraid of dogs as she was bitten by one when she was a child. Still, Putin brought his black Labrador to the meeting. grin grin

11. In 2010 when Ryazan region in Moscow came under wildfire, attempts were made to put off the fire using fire-fighting plane. Putin copiloted one such plane. Basically all he did was to push the button that released the stored water on the fire below.

12. Putin worked as a foreign intelligence office for KGB. His service tenure in that rank was 16 years. During that period, he became Lieutenant Colonel and eventually resigned from KGB in 1991.

13. Though Putin is beyond the nostalgia for USSR, he definitely has great affinity for USSR’s symbols of power. No wonder, he reintroduced the Soviet anthem (however, he had the lyrics changed).

14. Although Putin only earns a salary equivalent to $137,000 a year, because of corruption and cronyism he’s believed to secretly be one of the wealthiest men in the world. Putin is reported to have used his political influence to acquire stakes in several Russian and Ukrainian corporations that makes him worth more than Amazon founder Jeff Bezos. According to a former Russian deputy prime minister, Putin owns 20 palaces (including one valued at $1 billion), four yachts, 58 aircraft, and a collection of watches worth half a million dollars. Most of his assets are hidden through shell companies and other tactics used to shield his net worth from public scrutiny.
So, we can say he's the most richest (illegally) man in the world.

15. He is an author than has written more than 3 books.

Lalasticlala Mynd44
What's your take on this?

16. He lies alot and justify it
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by lordm(m): 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2021
God bless Nigeria
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by dermmy(m): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
michresakidjo:

Wow... That's why he is adept when it comes to outsmarting his western enemies.
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by seunny4lif(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
How did the Russian President have 58 planes when He always using 2 like the USA president uses 2 planes
One with the President and one as a decoy
Nobody has brought any evidence of Putin owning 1T dollars, 22 Houses and 58 planes
All those news has been from CNN, BBC, AJ like they said about Gadaffi but we all know the truth now
liajosh:

Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by seunny4lif(m): 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2021
Mention one President that doesn't lie?
Biden?
Marcon?
Mention abeg
michresakidjo:

Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by seunny4lif(m): 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2021
The best President in the History of Russia.
Those Western leaders want Russia to have a president like Yeltsin who sold his country to them.
I work with Russians every time and the only few that don't like Putin are those Rainbow people.
TheEnygma:
From what I hear , he's doing a good job as being the president.... So he can stay there as long as he wants.
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by StephenBB(m): 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2021
seunny4lif:
The best President in the History of Russia.
Those Western leaders want Russia to have a president like Yeltsin who sold his country to them.
I work with Russians every time and the only few that don't like Putin are those Rainbow people.
dermmy:

Wow... That's why he is adept when it comes to outsmarting his western enemies.
I still wonder why no Nigerian president; both past and present hasn't met with him?
Is it that there's nothing he can achieve from us cos he's wiser than them?
Just thinking though
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by seunny4lif(m): 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
They obey their masters from White House and London but even those in Whitehouse and London run to me
If you are USA or UK PM and you never met Putin then Life is not complete cheesy cheesy cheesy
StephenBB:

I still wonder why no Nigerian president; both past and present hasn't met with him?
Is it that there's nothing he can achieve from us cos he's wiser than them?
Just thinking though
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by michresakidjo(m): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
seunny4lif:
Biden?
Marcon?
Mention abeg

Na only me grin grin... I'm noble to a fault
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by StephenBB(m): 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
seunny4lif:
They obey their masters from White House and London but even those in Whitehouse and London run to me
If you are USA or UK PM and you never met Putin then Life is not complete cheesy cheesy cheesy
E mean say we never complete na! grin grin
Cos our presidents never go Russian talkless of to visit The Kremlin.
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by seunny4lif(m): 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
StephenBB:

E mean say we never complete na! grin grin
Cos our presidents never go Russian talkless of to visit The Kremlin.
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by Fortunate25(m): 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
I just love this man, Sometimes i fantasize about being him or meeting with him someday! I remember back in highschool my nickname was Putin.

I salute you Sir.
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by seunny4lif(m): 6:58pm On Apr 30, 2021
grin grin grin grin
That one na worst
michresakidjo:

Na only me grin grin... I'm noble to a fault
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by StephenBB(m): 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2021
Fortunate25:
I just love this man, Sometimes i fantasize about being him or meeting with him someday! I remember back in highschool my nickname was Putin.

I salute you Sir.
As others love Donald Trump...that's the way i love Putin.
I'm his number 1 fan/supporter.
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by iamyemiakins(m): 4:27pm On May 03, 2021
Bad boy Presido!
Putin is a real nigga!
Re: 15 Unknown Facts About Russian President - Vladimir Putin by Blackfire(m): 5:45pm On May 07, 2021
seunny4lif:
Biden?
Marcon?
Mention abeg

Buhari

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts And Real Reasons Libya Is Being Bombed By Nato / Kalashnikov Assault Rifle designer Is Dead At 94 / Why Is Nato Not Bombing North Korea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.