Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India (1068 Views)

Devastating Landslide Buries Hundreds Of Homes In Peru ( Pics, Video) / Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns / Joachim Yhombi-Opango Dies Of Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:32am On May 01, 2021
Just a few short weeks ago, Indian government officials were patting themselves on the back. The federal health minister declared that the country had entered “the endgame” of its own battle against the pandemic. Even the Reserve Bank of India announced in unusually enthusiastic tones that India had “bent [the Covid-19 curve] like Beckham” and that “soon the winter of our discontent will be made glorious summer.” Such boasts sound foolish, at best, today. Covid-19 case numbers and deaths have spiked exponentially in India, easily passing the numbers recorded during last autumn’s peak.

See pictures below:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9503069/How-deadly-Indias-Covid-variant-REALLY-explosion-cases.html

cc: lalastica

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:33am On May 01, 2021
More

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:35am On May 01, 2021
More pictures

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:36am On May 01, 2021
Even more

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:37am On May 01, 2021
Health care workers collapsing due sheer pressure.

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:39am On May 01, 2021
Coronavirus is a deadly disease

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:40am On May 01, 2021
So many people are dying. The hospitals are full

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by TheGiftedOne(m): 2:41am On May 01, 2021
How do Indians stand the sight of in cremation of dead loved ones

And many myopic Nigerians still call covid 19 a farce?

Thomas was a name synonymous with doubt... Today I officially replace it with Nigerians

I. e despite all the evidence provided in the case he still didn't believe me. That man must be a doubting Nigerian

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:41am On May 01, 2021
It's crazy there

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by BabbanBura(m): 2:42am On May 01, 2021
ponziponzi:
Just a few short weeks ago, Indian government officials were patting themselves on the back. The federal health minister declared that the country had entered “the endgame” of its own battle against the pandemic. Even the Reserve Bank of India announced in unusually enthusiastic tones that India had “bent [the Covid-19 curve] like Beckham” and that “soon the winter of our discontent will be made glorious summer.” Such boasts sound foolish, at best, today. Covid-19 case numbers and deaths have spiked exponentially in India, easily passing the numbers recorded during last autumn’s peak.

See pictures below:

So sad and we are here in Naija playing with this thing, may God help us!
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:43am On May 01, 2021
Just like Nigerians, they thought they had immunity until the second wave. Beware Nigerians

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 2:55am On May 01, 2021
More

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Kosoco(m): 2:57am On May 01, 2021
End of ends.
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:03am On May 01, 2021
BabbanBura:

So sad and we are here in Naija playing with this thing, may God help us!

Please stop if this is a joke sir. We are not playing with it and if you know some people relaxing, just encourage them not to citing the case of Indians to appeal to them not in a mocking plural form. We are individually responsible.

Please understand how India, sadly, allowed the religious festivals especially the crowded holy dipping in Rivers with hundreds of thousands of Indians abandoning the covid-19 protocols.
It was this kind of festival China cancelled but India did not. Their ruling party and particularly the President celebrated too early and resumed the rallies like Trump but he's in big trouble now
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/30/india/covid-second-wave-narendra-modi-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

They are also over a billion in population so in terms of death so far, they are still way far behind US, Mexico, Brazil.
They have reimposed stricter conditions that will help stop further spread and it's just unfortunate some of their citizens paid the supreme price.

4 Likes

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Omihanifa: 3:04am On May 01, 2021
Honestly Africa is really lucky.
This pictures were what people were expecting to be the case in Africa when vivid 19 broke out.

A lot of people in the west had projected it but Man no be God

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:09am On May 01, 2021
Omihanifa:
This pictures were what people were expecting to be the case in Africa when vivid 19 broke out.

Luck was just a tiny part, our leaders were not reckless too! No African President was as dimwitted enough to recommend to his citizens to drink disinfectants to cure covid-19 and no leader in Africa is accusing and mocking his political opponents when they demanded compliance with covid-19 protocols.
Imagine Trump, Modi and the Brazilian President organizing spreader events in the middle of Covid-19!When hundreds of thousands of their citizens were already killed by covid-19.

No African leader was that stupid and reckless.

You guys should cut away the inferiority complex and applaud our leaders for once. They're not stupid! Except you wish to have the likes of Trump, Modi and the Brazilian President in Africa to come and kill our people then don't call Africa lucky.

7 Likes

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by ponziponzi(m): 3:16am On May 01, 2021
Omihanifa:

Indians thought they were lucky too and some were saying that they have some form of immunity until this new variant started to run amok all over the country. As long as this virus is out there, we are very vulnerable. and must be very careful.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Kkings11: 3:20am On May 01, 2021
Wow this is heart wrenching
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by joinnow: 3:37am On May 01, 2021
india with superb medical health care is having such challenge
if this enter Nigeria
kai
Nigeria
will
be
grounded

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by laiza(m): 5:11am On May 01, 2021
I have always known it was going to be devastating in India, I just didn't envisaged this much. India has one of the worst sewage system in the world after Africa. There is a river that is so putrid yet both their domestic animals and humans go into it daily for spiritual cleansing.

When the country shut down in the 3rd quarter of last year and railroad workers and distant travel workers could not get home in time during the lockdown there was a high rate of infection and not much enlightenment amongst the citizens. Gullibility and putting so much trust in spiritualism is what led India to where they are today.

India doesn't have a good healtcare system that can cater for over 1.2 Billion people, a good healtcare is in place yes but only for the rich and powerful. Also they are one of the largest manufacturers of medical and pharmaceutical grade raw materials but unlike the Chinese the Indians have refused to master it's uses.

Only God can save India at this point. Please pray for India!!!
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Sundrus: 5:19am On May 01, 2021
TheGiftedOne:
How do Indians stand the sight of in cremation of dead loved ones

And many myopic Nigerians still call covid 19 a farce?

Thomas was a name synonymous with doubt... Today I officially replace it with Nigerians

I. e despite all the evidence provided in the case he still didn't believe me. That man must be a doubting Nigerian
Cremation na their culture. I wish say Nigeria fit adopt am sef. If I die make them cremate me. No need to dey throw party or find land or space take bury me. No time to stress the living.

2 Likes

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Bewiseedet(m): 6:17am On May 01, 2021
Burning a love one.
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by nwaanambra1(m): 10:45am On May 01, 2021
i swear this thing them don go upgrade them fa!!

this people don finally do full upgrade to this their virusoo!

After Indian government brag finish say them don overcome the virus na him them go upgrade the virus for them!

Indians are among the countries producing the so-called vaccines and have one of the highest recipients of the vaccines so how comes all of a sudden there came a serious escalation to the infection rate despite the vaccines if something suspicious is not going on!

I have a feeling they are already working on the upgrade version of the ones for Africans as their first attempt no work!

BUT THEY WILL FAIL WOEFULLY AGAIN - THIS THEIR VIRUS WILL NOT WORK IN AFRICA! OUR HASH ENVIRONMENT WILL KEEP PROTECTING US FROM THEIR EVIL PLANS!

Na those wey dont take this their vaccine i dey pity because clearly, this escalation in India has proved that the vaccines opens the doors for successful attack!

HOW CAN YOU GIVE ME A PREVENTIVE VACCINE THAT AFTER I TAKE IT YOU STILL TELL ME THAT I HAVE TO CONTINUE TO WEAR FACE MASK, OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCE AND ABOVE ALL, YOU STILL TELL ME THAT THE VACCINES DOESNT MEAN I WILL NOT CONTACT THE VIRUS AGAIN BUT RATHER IT WILL REDUCE THE CHANCES OF MY CONTACTING IT BY 50%! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by austine4real(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2021
angry : shocked

Thank God for Nigeria ooo despite our negligence
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by rottennaija(m): 4:12pm On May 01, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Luck was just a tiny part, our leaders were not reckless too! No African President was as dimwitted enough to recommend to his citizens to drink disinfectants to cure covid-19 and no leader in Africa is accusing and mocking his political opponents when they demanded compliance with covid-19 protocols.
Imagine Trump, Modi and the Brazilian President organizing spreader events in the middle of Covid-19!When hundreds of thousands of their citizens were already killed by covid-19.

No African leader was that stupid and reckless.

You guys should cut away the inferiority complex and applaud our leaders for once. They're not stupid! Except you wish to have the likes of Trump, Modi and the Brazilian President in Africa to come and kill our people then don't call Africa lucky.

For once someone acknowledges that out leaders in Africa tried in respect of covid19. Weldone.
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Valkrie: 7:31pm On May 01, 2021
There is something else killing these people...I'm not sure its Corona...!! They can poison the people into quick death in other to reduce their population and blame all on corona virus as the cause of death...!!
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:00pm On May 01, 2021
rottennaija:

For once someone acknowledges that out leaders in Africa tried in respect of covid19. Weldone.
I don't mock our leaders o. Not even after seeing the duplicitous character of a few of those substandard non-African leaders some people praise largely out of inferiority complex.
Imagine someone praising UK Prime minister whose banks is the vault for stolen and illicit funds from all over the world.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by thundafire: 9:24am On May 02, 2021
It's so crazy. Africa should brace up, before it becomes worst than india because ours will be a disaster
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by thundafire: 9:28am On May 02, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Please stop if this is a joke sir. We are not playing with it and if you know some people relaxing, just encourage them not to citing the case of Indians to appeal to them not in a mocking plural form. We are individually responsible.

Please understand how India, sadly, allowed the religious festivals especially the crowded holy dipping in Rivers with hundreds of thousands of Indians abandoning the covid-19 protocols.
It was this kind of festival China cancelled but India did not. Their ruling party and particularly the President celebrated too early and resumed the rallies like Trump but he's in big trouble now
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/30/india/covid-second-wave-narendra-modi-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

They are also over a billion in population so in terms of death so far, they are still way far behind US, Mexico, Brazil.
They have reimposed stricter conditions that will help stop further spread and it's just unfortunate some of their citizens paid the supreme price.
the president of India stopped the festival but they stubbornly went ahead after all warnings now see the effect.
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by Vaughanlanrewaj: 1:25pm On May 02, 2021
thundafire:
the president of India stopped the festival but they stubbornly went ahead after all warnings now see the effect.
He didn't sir. As a matter of fact he enabled it and unlike China and Pakistan that sent in armed forces to seal up the places, he was encouraging them with his rhetoric of how India conquered covid-19 and saved humanity to rally his hindu nationalist political base
Re: In Pictures: The Devastating Effects Of Coronavirus Second-wave In India by airoport: 12:29pm On May 04, 2021
140m citizens already vaxxed. The Vaxxed said to be shedding proteins via orifices and skin. Too many questions. Perhaps scientists can explain.

Na those wey dont take this their vaccine i dey pity because clearly, this escalation in India has proved that the vaccines opens the doors for successful attack!

HOW CAN YOU GIVE ME A PREVENTIVE VACCINE THAT AFTER I TAKE IT YOU STILL TELL ME THAT I HAVE TO CONTINUE TO WEAR FACE MASK, OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCE AND ABOVE ALL, YOU STILL TELL ME THAT THE VACCINES DOESNT MEAN I WILL NOT CONTACT THE VIRUS AGAIN BUT RATHER IT WILL REDUCE THE CHANCES OF MY CONTACTING IT BY 50%! shocked shocked[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Russia tests zircon hypersonic missile with range of 1000km / Hurray! Black Man Now The Most Powerful On Earth. Obama, the 44th President / Somalian Pirate Brought To U.s. To Face Charges For Hijacking The Maersk Alabama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.