Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members (406 Views)

I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" / Nigerian Family Members Who Are All Doctors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by IamBroke(m): 9:13am On May 01, 2021
Hello nairalanders there's an issue I want to share with you guys...but I'm going to use a bit of pidgin English..

I'm in ma early 20s but I have nothing doing...
I'm the last of three children
I started baby sitting my sister's children two years now with the hope that she will help me further my education but the way things are now is making me feel depressed and frustrated.
My mom has been complaining that I should go find something and do but there's nothing here to do apart from okada, tailoring, barbing, selling in the market , provision shops and bet9ja.
I wanted to learn programming but they suggested I go to school which I was very happy with.. after I bought the jamb form and sat for the exams my mom has been complaining that she doesn't have money this and that... sometimes I wish my dad was alive maybe it would have been a bit easier.
Right now I don't know what to do.
If to sey I even get small thing to do I for at least manage.
I'm hurt
My future is bleak
I wish I could just lie down and pass out
I'm tired with life.
Nobody to help
I wish I never existed..
People I hoped on has failed me.
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by LadySarah: 9:18am On May 01, 2021
Minus bet9ja,you wonderfully looked down on 5 businesses that are keeping /feeding families.

So a grownass man babysitting children for 730days is more honorable than those ?

Smh

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by IamBroke(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2021
LadySarah:
Minus bet9ja,you wonderfully looked down on 5 businesses that are keeping /feeding families.

So a grownass man babysitting children for 730days is more honorable than those ?

Smh
No be like sey I for no do am but people too plenty already
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by Pierocash(m): 9:53am On May 01, 2021
You are a lazy youth. I started life as a barber in Ph when I came down here newly. My uncle and his wife wanted to turn a full grown man like me to a house boy and baby sitter.

I dumped their house and started as a barber,I learnt barbing only a month and went to work with it,I made my first million as a barber. You are lazy and proud.

Look at how you downgraded good skills that could change your life chasing shadows,and looking for who will send you to school.

Sit there and be counting days,Ewu.
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by Nobody: 10:00am On May 01, 2021
Pierocash:
You are a lazy youth. I started life as a barber in Ph when I came down here newly. My uncle and his wife wanted to turn a full grown man like me to a house boy and baby sitter.

I dumped their house and started as a barber,I learnt barbing only a month and went to work with it,I made my first million as a barber. You are lazy and proud.

Look at how you downgraded good skills that could change your life chasing shadows,and looking for who will send you to school.

You made your first million through barbing?Lie Mohammad.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by Pierocash(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2021
Joysticks:
you are dumb.

But I wouldn't blame you,I used to think like you abnitio.

I have guys as barbers driving SUVs, you think all barbers are poor.

Some of the barbers you see in your neighborhood go home with 5-10k daily , some of them are landlords,I know many .

You can keep looking for white collar job with 50k salary a month ,while your mates in barbering business are smiling to the bank with 100k as savings monthly
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by LadySarah: 10:08am On May 01, 2021
Joysticks:

Keep doubting.My sons' barber is balling even with several other barbershops around and married with 3 kids.

Hes got mad styles that make us keep coming back,serious and time conscious.From 3pm to 11pm weekdays he doesnt sit down ,weekends he begs to be allowed to eat.We book 2 hrs ahead.

Tell me if he hasnt made millions?
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by LadySarah: 10:14am On May 01, 2021
IamBroke:

No be like sey I for no do am but people too plenty already

Ppl don plenty am is non of your business.Humble yoirself and learn one and be exceptional/intentional.

Eg.Barbing has evolved beyond skin cut ,punk bla bla bla.You must up your game to take charge of your environmenteven if ppl don too full am and it will also give you respect at home
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by Skillsnigeria: 10:44am On May 01, 2021
You better look for something doing because your sister no go help you,time no dey wait for man.stop hoping on people, everybody get his/her own personal problem.this life no dey easy
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by IamBroke(m): 10:49am On May 01, 2021
LadySarah:

Ppl don plenty am is non of your business.Humble yoirself and learn one and be exceptional/intentional.

Eg.Barbing has evolved beyond skin cut ,punk bla bla bla.You must up your game to take charge of your environmenteven if ppl don too full am and it will also give you respect at home
You no sey e get as you go learn handwork but to buy materials or open shop con hook you...I bin wan learn handwork but as Dem con calculate everything dem con realize sey this money fit carry me enter school commot.
You know sey anything wer you no get passion for go dey hard for you.
My passion na music but na who to sponsor me be the issue too
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by IamBroke(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2021
Pierocash:

I'm sorry sir if my post really annoyed you..but what if you no even get person to put you for this work...
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by IamBroke(m): 10:55am On May 01, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
You better look for something doing because your sister no go help you,time no dey wait for man.stop hoping on people, everybody get his/her own personal problem.this life no dey easy
How I go even start when I no even get person to help me...you no sey you gat to start from somewhere
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by Skillsnigeria: 11:05am On May 01, 2021
IamBroke:

How I go even start when I no even get person to help me...you no sey you gat to start from somewhere

Try and walk around your city/town,look for vacancy that doesn't require a certificate e.g sales boy, factory workers, labourer etc.apply for the job and work for some few months,save some money and learn a handwork/business you can easily start.you also follow this method to get your working tools and also get a kiosk/shop.i just brief you how I started many many years ago.don't ever depends on families,they will disappoint you.

NOTE -: you can easily go back to school or do your music career when you have money

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by IamBroke(m): 11:09am On May 01, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Try and walk around your city/town,look for vacancy that doesn't require a certificate e.g sales boy, factory workers, labourer etc.apply for the job and work for some few months,save some money and learn a handwork/business you can easily start.you also follow this method to get your working tools and also get a kiosk/shop.i just brief you how I started many many years ago.don't ever depends on families,they will disappoint you
Thanks so much...I didn't think of this..I really appreciate sir

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by Skillsnigeria: 11:10am On May 01, 2021
IamBroke:
Thanks so much...I didn't think of this..I really appreciate sir
You are already welcome
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by Pierocash(m): 12:22pm On May 01, 2021
IamBroke:

I'm sorry sir if my post really annoyed you..but what if you no even get person to put you for this work...
you can move closer to any of these guys and talk to them for apprenticeship ,some will train you without demanding money from you.

University degree without a skill in today's Nigeria will mostly amount to nothing.

Some of us who started life with these skills are also educated ,I have a colleague with multiple degrees,he is an electrician which he learnt and trained himself with it in school. Don't sit there doing nothing,hoping to get money and go to school that still doesn't guarantee you any meaningful job
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 01, 2021
Pierocash:
I am dumb.

But I wouldn't blame you,I used to think like you abnitio.

I have guys as barbers driving SUVs, you think all barbers are poor.

Some of the barbers you see in your neighborhood go home with 5-10k daily , some of them are landlords,I know many .

You can keep looking for white collar job with 50k salary a month ,while your mates in barbering business are smiling to the bank with 100k as savings monthly
Re: I'm Being Frustrated By My Family Members by CrazyMan(m): 1:56pm On May 01, 2021
Why not take any of the available options you mentioned and use it to raise capital for your programming dream?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Video Guide: How To Create A 7-figure Blogging Platform Diy / Meet A Nigerian Lady Who Specializes In POP Ceiling Installation,screeding&rails / Earn In Dollars,spend In Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.