Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts (1160 Views)

Nigerians React As Bbc Journalists Claim That Fr. Mbaka Ordered His Boys To Beat / Garba Shehu To Dump Buhari Soon – Fayose / 'Nigerians Have More Electricity Than They Can Consume' - Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by gidgiddy: 1:02pm On May 01, 2021
Recently, Catholic Priest and head of Adoration Ministry, Enugu, Fr Ejike Mbaka, denounced the Buhari administration and called on the President to go. In retaliation, Buhari's Media aid, Garba Shehu, claimed that Mbaka was a disgruntled man who sought after contracts but was rebuffed.

Garba Shehu obviously does not know anything about the Catholic Church otherwise he wouldn't have said what he said.

There is no way Mbaka, or any Catholic priest for that matter, could have gone looking for contract!

There are 3 things a Catholic Priest is not allowed to do.

1. Get married or have children

2. Become rich

3. Indulge in any vocation not approved by the Catholic Church

There is no such thing as a rich Catholic Priest, or priest who is a businessman. A Catholic Priest is not allowed to make money outside the Church. A Catholic priest is not allowed to even build a house. It is even rare to see a Catholic Priest in civilian clothing.

So why would Mbaka go looking for federal contracts when he is not allowed to make money, become rich, marry, have children, wear civilian clothing or even build a house? What would drive that sort of person to be looking for contract? What would he do with the money?

Someone should tell Garba Shehu that the Catholic Church is not like other new generation churches where you find Pastors driving expensive Jeeps, wearing expensive suits, living in multi-million Naira mansions, opening million Naira businesses and flying private Jets.

Catholic Priests take a vow of poverty and live very basic lives. There is no way Fr Mbaka would go looking for contracts to acquire wealth and money he is not allowed to have as a Catholic Priest

1 Like

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Validated: 1:12pm On May 01, 2021
We all know this presidency ... always looking for scape goat. Because they cannot use EFCC on Mbaka, it is that he sought contracts. My question is would Mbaka be seekimg contract after helping Buhari or would he have sought it before helping him. Obviously, the norm is to demand compensation before service, not after.
If Mbaka wanted a contrsct from Buhari, he would have demanded from him what he would get to support his re-election. Not after helping, now come and making demand ... not sensible.
Anyway, I do not blame Garba Shehu and the presidency. I blame Fr. Mbaka, his Bible warned him about being unequally yoked with uncircimcised 'philistines' and unbelivers. They cannot say that about Rev Fr. Kukah!

This is a warning to Christian leaders to be wary of these wolves mascurading as sheep. They are all playing their TAQQYA games but are agents of their father, the great serpent that lied from the very beginning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Sharingiscaring: 1:18pm On May 01, 2021
OP, I believe you're pulling our legs, aren't you? In case you mean what you wrote, I assure you that Garbage Shehu is more knowledgeable about the Catholic Church than you. So, all the businesses that Mbaka is doing (like his bottled/sachet water/yoghurt/carbonated drinks factory), which sacrament do they belong to? And to say that Catholic priests are not allowed to put on mufti?!? Na wa!

2 Likes

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by sammyj: 1:33pm On May 01, 2021
cool hmm even he had seek for contract to build hospital. Who will benefit from it. The masses will surely benefit because Mbaka does not have children and wife !! Garba always speaks garbage shocked lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:42pm On May 01, 2021
Sharingiscaring:
OP, I believe you're pulling our legs, aren't you? In case you mean what you wrote, I assure you that Garbage Shehu is more knowledgeable about the Catholic Church than you. So, all the businesses that Mbaka is doing (like his bottled/sachet water/yoghurt/carbonated drinks factory), which sacrament do they belong to? And to say that Catholic priests are not allowed to put on mufti?!? Na wa!

He is more knowledgeable because he is a Christian or a member of the Catholic Church baa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by helinues: 2:06pm On May 01, 2021
That's same Eye Mbaka that romanced with Apc before the election...

Some of you people don't really have anything to believe
Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Pierocash(m): 2:07pm On May 01, 2021
Even though I stand with Mbaka,even if he asked for contracts ,what is wrong in that?

But on the issue of Reverend Father's not owning businesses outside church is not true.Mbaka own businesses,aside that, what of Father Ede,or MacDonald.
Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by gidgiddy: 2:25pm On May 01, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

How many times have you seen a Catholic Priest in mufti? Very rare. Whatever think you think Mbaka has, whether bottled drink or sachet water, is not owned outside his Adoration Ministry and is the property of the Catholic Church. Catholic Priests are not allowed to own private businesses nor become rich.

The point Im trying to make is that as a Catholic Priest, Mbaka cannot go about looking for government contracts. He is not allowed to run private business outside that of the Catholic Church
Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by IgweOfNnewi: 3:10pm On May 01, 2021
Mbaka solicited contract and he took 3 contractors along with him when going to visit the president

1 Like

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Jostoman: 3:11pm On May 01, 2021
Can Garba shehu and presidency come out and tell the whole world that everything father mbaka said about Buhari and APC is not true.
Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 01, 2021
gidgiddy:
[s]Recently, Catholic Priest and head of Adoration Ministry, Enugu, Fr Ejike Mbaka denounced the Buhari administration and called on the President to go. In retaliation, Buhari's Media aid, Garba Shehu, claimed that Mbaka was a disgruntled man who sought after contracts but was rebuffed.

Garba Shehu obviously does not know anything about the Catholic Church otherwise he wouldn't have said what he said.

There is no way Mbaka, or any Catholic priest for that matter, could have gone looking for contract!

2. Become rich

There is no such thing as a rich Catholic Priest, or priest who is a businessman. A Catholic Priest is not allowed to make money outside the Church. A Catholic priest is not allowed to even build a house. It is even rare to see a Catholic Priest in civilian clothing.

So why would Mbaka go looking for federal contracts when he is not allowed to make money, become rich, marry, have children, wear civilian clothing or even build a house? What would drive that sort of person to be looking for contract? What would he do with the money?

Someone should tell Garba Shehu that the Catholic Church is not like other new generation churches where you find Pastors driving expensive Jeeps, wearing expensive suits, living in multi-million Naira mansions, opening million Naira businesses and flying private Jets.

Catholic Priests take a vow of poverty and live very basic lives. There is no way Fr Mbaka would go looking for contracts to acquire wealth and money he is not allowed to have as a Catholic Priest[/s]

This is so dumb, i am not surprised by the trashyness of this writeup. A very poor attempt to defend a political racketeer like father mbaka.

1 Like

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Gravatar: 3:52pm On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

This is so dumb, i am not surprised by the trashyness of this writeup. A very poor attempt to defend a political racketeer like father mbaka.

Lol.

Irony is when people like you, dismiss other people's posts as dumb.

You are one of the most vapid and ignorant people I have ever had the misfortune of coming across online.

When I first started coming across your posts, I would often just scroll right past, to protect my brain from the filth you post.

These days, however, I look forward to them and enjoy them, the same way one enjoys seeing monkeys or rabbits at a zoo or wildlife center.

It's truly difficult to describe the depths of your lack of common sense.

There will be a reckoning for people like you. Frankly it's only a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by gidgiddy: 3:59pm On May 01, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Mbaka solicited contract and he took 3 contractors along with him when going to visit the president

Doesnt that sound strange to you? Why would somebody that is looking for contract take 3 contractors with him?

Why would anyone take contractors to seek contract when those contractors might take the contract from you?

Thats like saying that I am looking for a job, but I take 3 jobseekers along with me to a job interview. Am I improving my chances of getting the job or making things worse for my self?

1 Like

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 01, 2021
Gravatar:

[s]Lol.

Irony is when people like you, dismiss other people's posts as dumb.

You are one of the most vapid and ignorant people I have ever had the misfortune of coming across online.

When I first started coming across your posts, I would often just scroll right past, to protect my brain from the filth you post.

These days, however, I look forward to them and enjoy them, the same way one enjoys seeing monkeys or rabbits at a zoo or wildlife center.

It's truly difficult to describe the depths of your lack of common sense.

There will be a reckoning for people like you. Frankly it's only a matter of time. [/s]

This is a mentally ill person typing. I know you are in pains.

Thank you for looking forward to my post but there is a Caveat emptor always at the end of my posts. NOT FOR THE MENTALLY ILL OF OUR SOCIETY

1 Like

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Ayed44: 4:02pm On May 01, 2021
gidgiddy:
Recently, Catholic Priest and head of Adoration Ministry, Enugu, Fr Ejike Mbaka, denounced the Buhari administration and called on the President to go. In retaliation, Buhari's Media aid, Garba Shehu, claimed that Mbaka was a disgruntled man who sought after contracts but was rebuffed.

2. Become rich

Catholic Priests take a vow of poverty and live very basic lives. There is no way Fr Mbaka would go looking for contracts to acquire wealth and money he is not allowed to have as a Catholic Priest
kid. Stop stressing yourself. Mbaka is alive. Let Mbaka respond to the allegation first then we will take it from there. Stop speaking for him because you did not go to Aso Rock with Mbaka.

By the way, I have seen Catholic priests who are professors, medical doctors, etc, making cool money. I have also seen Catholic priests who have secret lovers.

So please trust no one.

1 Like

Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Ayed44: 4:09pm On May 01, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
As a politician, u can collect a contract, remove ur share and give the contract to the real contractor that will execute it. It is not strange.
Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Idiotseverywher: 5:23pm On May 01, 2021
Sharingiscaring:
. You people don't know about Catholics and their priesthood, so you think Mbaka is the owner of those things you listed, go and ask, those things you listed belong to the adoration ministry,, Mbaka does not even know what is exactly there, any Mbaka dies nothing belongs to him or his family, even his family is the Catholic Church
Re: Exposing Garba Shehu's Lie That Fr Mbaka Was Seeking Contracts by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:15am On May 03, 2021
gidgiddy:

2. Become rich

I was hoping that to see concrete evidence but alas it was just conjectures.

For your information, In my line of business, a full fledged father runs a petrol station somewhere in the east. I kNOW his DS.
I know that your rule says they are not to marry but the reality is that some have families and runs businesses

Coming to Fr Mbaka, it was a bit difficult for me at first to believe the presidency but then I juxtaposed his statement from his past to the current allegations against him and concluded that there might be some elements of truth in the accusation

A supposed Christian leader expecting an infidel to come to his church for Thanksgiving . Expecting the government to take over responsibility for the development of his private ministry ...saying that he is in the bush because of a non Christian that didn't make him a priest . Going to Abuja to spend whole week waiting to see a Muslim and returning without meeting him and going again when reinvited ... How low can he get ?

Here is what is on record about him. His own statement

2018 video showing Catholic Priest and Spiritual Director of Adoration Ministry, Enugu, Fr Ejike Mbaka, attacking the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), for being stingy and unwilling to make donations to his church has gone viral on Twitter.

Mbaka had earlier in the week declared that God had withdrawn his support for Buhari and even blessed the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, whose organisation has been designated a terrorist network by the Federal Government.

However, on Friday, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said in a statement that Mbaka’s recent criticisms of Buhari were based on the refusal of the President to award him some contracts.

Amid the raging controversy, a video posted on Twitter by @RBiakpara shows Mbaka accusing Buhari of failing to make donations to his church despite the church supporting his ambition in 2015.

“If you know what this ministry is passing through because we are supporting Buhari. And the attackers are waiting for me to say I am supporting Buhari again and the attack will start and Buhari will remain in Aso Rock, being somebody who cannot give money?

What does that mean? All the people being given allocation, what qualification do they have that we don’t have?” Mbaka lamented in the 10-minute video.

The video was recorded at the ministry’s 2018 harvest and bazaar celebration ahead of the 2019 general elections. Incidentally, it was the same day that Mbaka prophesied that the Peoples Democratic Party would lose the Presidential election because the
Vice-Presidential candidate, Peter Obi, refused to make a donation.

Mbaka, who seemed furious with Buhari, told Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, that he had been victimised for supporting Buhari in 2015 but the President had failed to show appreciation.

The priest also said the Federal Government ought to have taken up the task of refurbishing his church.

He said, “Because of Buhari, I am in this bush. Can’t the Federal Government take this ministry as a project? What would they lose from their pocket? A ministry that will back them spiritually and they will go forward.”

Mbaka added that his members were aggrieved that they were abandoned by the President.

“Our loyalty, our support for Buhari is not debatable but the way he has repaid us is dangerous and cancerous and destructive and can pull any leader down… Several times he would invite me to Abuja. I would stay for one week and come back but nobody would see him,” Mbaka lamented.

The cleric said his church played a major role in bringing Buhari to power, adding that the President ought to have visited his ministry in Enugu.

“If this is a place where things work well, the moment Buhari got to that chair (Presidency), he would come here. What does it cost him? One morning flight and he comes here and thanks the ministry that made him who he is then he can fly back,” the priest said.

(1) (Reply)

Pantami Vs Mbaka: Fulani And Igbo Stinking Hypocrisy / E-protest: Dear Seun End Nairaland Canceller Now! / Scholar Raises Concern Over Igbo Exclusive Residential Community In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.