Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Please I Need Your Opinions On This - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please I Need Your Opinions On This (471 Views)

Jos Vegetables, Fruits And Food Sellers I Need Your Help / Poultry Farmers Please I Need Your Help (pictures Attached) / Please I Need Your Advice Before Venturing Into Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Opinions On This by Jitefarms: 1:28pm On May 01, 2021
I'm someone who's interested in starting up a farm in Nigeria, so I really want to know the steps I need to take in doing this.. Google is not giving me what I need, so i believe asking here would help... please don't google your answers cause I have already done that, just speak from your mind... I await your response.. Thanks a lot
Re: Please I Need Your Opinions On This by SanctifiedSista(f): 1:31pm On May 01, 2021
You need to have a vision of what exactly you want. Check nairaland, u will see business plans of different types of farms. Reach out to them. 90 percent of farmers on nairaland are legit

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Opinions On This by Hashabiah: 1:38pm On May 01, 2021
Hi. I would suggest you pick a particular sector of farming and follow a farmer who is experienced in that sector.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Opinions On This by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On May 01, 2021
Jitefarms:
I'm someone who's interested in starting up a farm in Nigeria, so I really want to know the steps I need to take in doing this.. Google is not giving me what I need, so i believe asking here would help... please don't google your answers cause I have already done that, just speak from your mind... I await your response.. Thanks a lot
How big of a farm? Or do you mean a garden? undecided
Re: Please I Need Your Opinions On This by Jitefarms: 2:10am On May 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How big of a farm? Or do you mean a garden? undecided
I mean a very big farm.... just need steps
Re: Please I Need Your Opinions On This by Attit: 5:21am On May 02, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
You need to have a vision of what exactly you want. Check nairaland, u will see business plans of different types of farms. Reach out to them. 90 percent of farmers on nairaland are legit
Hashabiah:
Hi. I would suggest you pick a particular sector of farming and follow a farmer who is experienced in that sector.
God bless the 2 posters above.

Jitefarms:
You cracked me beyond control, and I am laughing so much.. You will return to that google again because that google is where the main thing is. You just do not know how to use it. When you know how to use that google, it will even lead you here to threads because google has a wide scope. Oga, your first assignment is to know how to google for specific answers applicable to your case.

Use google to know about many areas and choose like the two posters above suggested. Crop or livestock. Crop is divided into grains, vegetables, flowers and cash crops. While in livestock production, you can choose from poultry (meat, eggs production or breeding). Also there is meat production from goats, sheep cattles, rams, pigs, etc. And dairy products from goats and cattle. Again, special ones like snail farming beekeeping, etc. Oh, I forgot to mention fish farming.

Oga, no one will answer you as detailed as I have answered you. You have just made my morning, and I have no choice bùt to answer you.

You may not even need huge farm like you think you need because you may not be able to afford it. And then, we will hear: "Let me start small". Lol. And at the end of the day that small may be at the back of your house. Lol. What is it called? A garden. But it doesnt mean it cannot be profitable. It can be as you will meet people who feed their families with such gardens (can be crops or livestock, or both) and are happy.

Also, there are scammers here. And they target people like you. Be extra careful.

In conclusion, you arent ready yet. When you are, you will know which area you want to start with. Of course, you will first have interests in some areas, then, you have to choose one. Therefore, you are still in the research arena. Return to google and ask well. Check threads here too. You can pick each area I have highlighted above and start checking threads here. If you do not make this research yourself, you will pay someone to teach you what he knows, and it may not be want you really want because someone else chooses for you. Therefore, return to google.

Goodluck!
Re: Please I Need Your Opinions On This by choice17(m): 11:51am On May 02, 2021
1. Chose a niche, the area you want to specialize on
2. Make sure you get enough training on Agricultural practices, even though you hire a farm manager, you will need to have an understanding of what he or she is doing
3. Have enough capital. You will need Money, but you must be prudent while at it
4. Read Read and Read. Google and YouTube will come handy

All the best
Re: Please I Need Your Opinions On This by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On May 02, 2021
Jitefarms:
I mean a very big farm.... just need steps
Oh boy! I am more into gardening compared to that

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Struggles To Break Up Fight Between Two Bulls At Cow Market / Poultry Feed / Grams Of Gold Dey: Oshey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.