Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? (471 Views)

Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / “Don’t Go About Eating All Over The Place This Season”- Dr Olukoya Warns / In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by Righteousness2(m): 7:22am On May 02, 2021
Exodus 20:3
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

GOD ALMIGHTY takes the issue of idolatry seriously.
GOD ALMIGHTY is a Jealous GOD.
Isaiah 42:8
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Unfortunately today, so many things have taken the place of God in Humans, and it is a Major cause of the Colossal Disaster and Damage we see in people and Nations today.

Some persons claim to be Christians, some say, I don't bow before and idol, but alas many have Hundreds and thousands they are worshipping.

Anything or anyone you Place before the ANCIENT of the DAYS is an idol. Anything that is taking your time more than GOD ALMIGHTY is your idol. It is not until you bow Befor an image, that is idolatry. Whatever is pushing GOD from being First in your life is an idol.

• When you have a Challenge in your life or family, who do you run to First?
• Some of you skip reading the Word of God to watch Tv.
• Some of you, it is Sports.
• Some of you, it is Celebrities, hollywood, nollywood,etc
• Some of you, your idol is your job, fashion, money, relationships,etc

Listen! Nothing should take the place of God in your life.
If you have an idol, you are a Prime candidate to Miss the rapture and to take the Mark of the Beast.

I know , we all want all the wealth, riches, honor and all that. It is not a sin to be successful, wealthy and all that, but when you allow them Control you or take the place of GOD in your life, they automatically become your idol.
Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

At every point in life, be it in Challenges, Decision making, or whatever, seek GOD First.

I hear people say their Family is the First thing in their life. That is a very wrong statement to make.
Do you think you can run and sustain your family yourself? There are Families greater than your family that do not exist anymore.

Family is good, but it should be GOD FIRST, then any other thing can follow.

Is your success your god? You must repent
Is your Position or degrees or Wealth your god? You must Repent.
Have you reduced the time you spend Befor GOD because of your achievement, money, connection?
Have you Forgotten GOD because you wanna pursue your dreams?

What will it Profit you to Have millions of idols in your Heart, and you serve them, only for you to lose your Soul in Hell Fire.

Retrace your steps today, and Make GOD your Number one.

1 Like

Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by ictjobber: 7:51am On May 02, 2021
He who spits into the eyes of his fore fathers will get rejected by the very land he walks on....

There’s a reason why Africa is the way it is

1 Like

Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by Vulcanheph(m): 8:03am On May 02, 2021
ictjobber:
He who spits into the eyes of his fore fathers will get rejected by the very land he walks on....

There’s a reason why Africa is the way it is
You've said it all.... We have embraced the "white man's religion" and his ways and have rejected the very things that make us "AFRICANS" , Even the Africa of a word is a European creation.
Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by shopnimini: 8:23am On May 02, 2021
Oshey grin
Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by chatinent: 8:24am On May 02, 2021
My question is how is prayer and counseling supposed to be business for you!

Cannot people pray on their own?
Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by jesusjnr1: 9:50am On May 02, 2021
chatinent:

My question is why are you an Antichrist and hater of the righteousness preachers as the Pharisees were of Jesus?

If their preaching brings your evil works to light, why not repent instead!
Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by chatinent: 10:02am On May 02, 2021
jesusjnr1:
My question is why are you an Antichrist and hater of the righteousness preachers as the Pharisees were of Jesus?

If their preaching brings your evil works to light, why not repent instead!

No response to you..

You are rapture ready to get lost.
Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by jesusjnr1: 10:06am On May 02, 2021
chatinent:

No response to you..

You are rapture ready to get lost.
Reminds me of what Jesus used to do your fellow Antichrists, the Pharisees, when He would dumbfound them with a question.

I would soon get what I need to expose your works of iniquity, so that you would now rest.
Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by obonujoker(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2021
Very true. God bless
Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by obonujoker(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2021
jesusjnr1:
Reminds me of what Jesus used to do your fellow Antichrists, the Pharisees, when He would dumbfound them with a question.

I would soon get what I need to expose your works of iniquity, so that you would now rest.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Idolatry And Worship; What Is Taking The Place Of GOD In Your Life? by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On May 02, 2021
chatinent:

Jesus Christ NEVER sent any of His own go counsel anyone or even go pray for another person like the way these people have taken to installing themselves in between God and His sheep, pretending they do so on behalf of God. undecided

Like the snake in the garden, they have made have become like gods, go-betweens to those who they claim to serve in the name of God. undecided

Jesus Christ declared that He and He alone is the only Teacher /Counselor/Comforter/guide/ Shepherd to each one who belongs to Him. Any man who installs Himself as a god/Idol between God and any in His flock, will meet the same end as those out there who are openly false teachers/gods. undecided

(1) (Reply)

OFFICIAL STATEMENT From TB Joshua Ministries (SCOAN) / Today's Devotional - Friday 30th July 2021 / What The Weirdest Bible Story You Have Ever Read.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.