Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Gratitude Of Heart Makes Payment Of Vows Easy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gratitude Of Heart Makes Payment Of Vows Easy (150 Views)

Gratitude Of Heart Makes One Testify Of God’s Goodness & Blessings In One’s Life / Church Of Satan Reacts As Daddy Freeze Says Marriage Vows Are Satanic / Kumuyi Speaks On His Death Vows Not Not Hand Over To Rascals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gratitude Of Heart Makes Payment Of Vows Easy by Lovelash: 10:00am On May 02, 2021
Making of vows to God is an act of our worship. Notable men and women among whom are Jacob in Gen 28:20; 31:13 Hannah (1 Sam. 1:11; 15: cool and Jephthah in Judges 11:30-31 were known to have made vows to God when in desperate need of His quick interventions in their situations. God answered them and they paid their vows to God (Genesis 31:3; 1 Sam. 15:8; Judges 11:35-39).

God being a faithful God will never fail to fulfill His own part of granting whatever one requests of Him with a vow. The truth however is that oftentimes, it is not very easy on the part of man to fulfill a vow made to God when he has received what he requested from Him. Vows are meant to be fulfilled without delay. Unpaid vows are very serious debts owed God.

Gratitude of heart unto God for granting one’s requests is one thing that propels one to willingly and readily fulfills one’s vow as could be seen in the life of Hannah, Jonah and Jephthah.

Every vow made is binding on the person that made the vow. None payment of vows to God is among the things that could make one displease Him and also what could cause hindrances to receiving answers to one’s prayers. God remembers and holds on to all unpaid vows made to Him and commanded us sayings, “... pay thy vows to the Most High... ” (Psalm 50:14).

It is better not to pledge a vow unto God than to make such vows and fail to fulfill them (Deut. 23: 21-24; Ecc. 5: 4-6; Psalm 76: 11; Job 22:27).
Don't be an ingrate, resolve today as Jonah did to redeem whatever you have vowed to God, “But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed, Salvation is of the Lord.” (Jonah 2:9).

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I.

www dot lovelashblog dot com

(1) (Reply)

Your Family Background Doesn't Matter. / Is God Truly The Almighty?(yoruba Edition) / Change Your Mind May 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.