Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Please Help, A Nairalander Has Refused To Return My Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help, A Nairalander Has Refused To Return My Money (327 Views)

Please Help, He Has Refused To Refund My Money / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, A Nairalander Has Refused To Return My Money by Ernesttoby30: 10:02am On May 02, 2021
Please I'm really in need of your advice or suggestions.

I created a thread before on how i gave a loan to nairalander, but he has refused to pay back the loan.

https://www.nairaland.com/6514229/im-sell-nairalander-laptop

https://www.nairaland.com/6514064/im-sell-nairalander-laptop

So from the suggestions I was given online, i decided to give him some time. But, he's not appreciating my efforts. This is almost the 8th weeks since he collected the loan. A loan he promised to return in 2 weeks time.

Although he gave me the go ahead to sell his laptop, but the amount that he fixed is way above the offers I've been getting. And him on the other hand is just feeling reluctant. As a matter of fact, he doesn't take my calls again. Whenever he managed to take my call, he will just keep mute. He won't say anything.

From the content of his laptop, He's into internet fraud. As a matter of fact, he used a strange number to chat me up and when i view his whatsapp details, i was shocked that he used my name as his whatsapp name (Mind you, my name is very strange. It's not popular at all. Both the spelling etc and i know his real name from the transfer i made to his account). But i overlooked it because all I'm after is my money.

Now the problem is that i have been transferred to Abuja and i will be living latest on Tuesday. And i just need my money. Please please, i need your advice. Should i sell the laptop or what? Even the amount the he fixed for the laptop is unrealistic. It's too high. I believe he purposely did that. Please i need your advice. Almost 8th weeks now... Instead of 2 weeks.
Re: Please Help, A Nairalander Has Refused To Return My Money by Nbotee(m): 10:32am On May 02, 2021
Dats how these petty thieves will jus keep ruining other ppl's chances of ever getting assistance from any random person.. Majority of ppl seeking helping are insincere
Re: Please Help, A Nairalander Has Refused To Return My Money by budaatum: 10:45am On May 02, 2021
This is your third thread on this same loan of yours! People are asking you to show the borrower compassion, but I wonder why they aren't asking him to compassionately pay you back.

Fact is, "The current price of his laptop online is 180k+" has nothing to do with anything if he gave it to you as collateral. I can bet no one would offer you even half of that if you try to sell it, which, after giving the loan taker sufficient notice, I would do if I were you, though I might need to consider the legal basis of lending money for collateral in the first place since I am not a bank, and there's the small issue of what you found on his laptop. Should you not be taking it to the police instead, though that might mean kissing your 60k goodbye?

A good lesson for you going forward would be never a lender nor a borrower be. I can hope you learn a lesson you bought for so much.
Re: Please Help, A Nairalander Has Refused To Return My Money by SavageResponse(m): 12:27pm On May 02, 2021
Ernesttoby30:
Please I'm really in need of your advice or suggestions.

I created a thread before on how i gave a loan to nairalander, but he has refused to pay back the loan.

https://www.nairaland.com/6514229/im-sell-nairalander-laptop

https://www.nairaland.com/6514064/im-sell-nairalander-laptop

So from the suggestions I was given online, i decided to give him some time. But, he's not appreciating my efforts. This is almost the 8th weeks since he collected the loan. A loan he promised to return in 2 weeks time.

Although he gave me the go ahead to sell his laptop, but the amount that he fixed is way above the offers I've been getting. And him on the other hand is just feeling reluctant. As a matter of fact, he doesn't take my calls again. Whenever he managed to take my call, he will just keep mute. He won't say anything.

From the content of his laptop, He's into internet fraud. As a matter of fact, he used a strange number to chat me up and when i view his whatsapp details, i was shocked that he used my name as his whatsapp name (Mind you, my name is very strange. It's not popular at all. Both the spelling etc and i know his real name from the transfer i made to his account). But i overlooked it because all I'm after is my money.

Now the problem is that i have been transferred to Abuja and i will be living latest on Tuesday. And i just need my money. Please please, i need your advice. Should i sell the laptop or what? Even the amount the he fixed for the laptop is unrealistic. It's too high. I believe he purposely did that. Please i need your advice. Almost 8th weeks now... Instead of 2 weeks.

The laptop was given as collateral as loan or a loan.

Since the duration for the loan has lapsed and you're satisfied that you have given him an extension go ahead and sell the laptop and recover your money; just be sure it's not a stolen item!

(1) (Reply)

Charles Odibo’s Statement On Imo State Govt; False, Misleading- Concerned Imolit / Excitement heralds formal launch of Polaris Bank Digital Bank, Vulte / If You Can Invest 400k On This Idea Of Mine, Let's Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.