Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? (311 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by bolaayenimo: 11:45am On May 02, 2021
A lawyer friend of mine jokingly said 'if everybody are like Jehovah's Witnesses, how will lawyers make it?
I asked what he meant and he said since he has been practicising, Jehovah's Witnesses don't take each other to court no matter the offence
They usually resolve their matters through an internal mechanism process in their churches.
How true is this claim?

Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by Freestainworld(m): 11:49am On May 02, 2021
Hearing this for the first time
Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by SUPERPACK: 11:54am On May 02, 2021
They don't believe in the govt of the world and such don't take their differences to the govt for settlement. They do not vote in elections, serve in the military or stand for national anthems nor salute the flag.

1 Like

Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by nairavsdollars(f): 11:58am On May 02, 2021
Maybe because land matter quarrel has never happened between them especially in Igbo land
Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:27pm On May 02, 2021
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, the secret is how fully competent and completely equipped we are in handling matters. 2Timothy 3:16-17

First of all we take practical steps in everything we do so it's rare for a JW to offend another JW to that extent. We have one father (God) and one leader (Christ) Matthew 23:8-12

As long as we remain under the guidance of this two persons all disputes are settled within our gathering therefore it's like a taboo taking matters involving God's children (as we view ourselves) to outsiders. Isaiah 2:2-4

Some commentators up there says we don't participate in elections, we don't serve in the military, recite the national anthem or pledge.
Well that's because as a global family of peace loving worshipers we will not allow for anything that will break the bond Jesus sent God's Holy Spirit to create within us! John 16:13 compare to 17:20-23

So we must guard against all the machinations of Satan to make Nepotism, Racism or Politics divide us NO! Our love for Jesus and for our fellow believers surpasses all things! John 13:34-35 compare to Romans 8:38-39

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

bolaayenimo:

A lawyer friend of mine jokingly said 'if everybody are like Jehovah's Witnesses, how will lawyers make it?
I asked what he meant and he said since he has been practicising, Jehovah's Witnesses don't take each other to court no matter the offence
They usually resolve their matters through an internal mechanism process in their churches.
How true is this claim?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by chatinent: 12:45pm On May 02, 2021
Our love for our brothers, and for God's word is important to us than court judgements.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by DappaD: 2:34pm On May 02, 2021
The “internal mechanism” as you call it is not so different from the practical steps that Jesus said his followers should take whenever issues arise amongst us. According to Jesus at Matthew 18:15-17, we should go and privately meet the person who wronged us and try to repair the damages(no matter the offense) and then we should meet the congregation elders if the matter seems very serious. Meaning that there is no mention of taking our brothers and sisters to the court of law to resolve issues because it is shameful on the part of any Jehovah’s Witness to take his brother to court to resolve issues before unrighteous men according to 1Corinthians 6:1-8.
Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by 2elliot: 2:42pm On May 02, 2021
chatinent:
Our love for our brothers, and for God's word is important to us than court judgements.
One of una brother almost scammed me. I gave him my phone to change the screen. After the time period he asked me to come take it, I went and he said it wasnt ready. He then kept posting me for over a week, to a point he stopped picking my calls. When I finally caught up with him, he said he couldn't find the particular screen for the phone. So then, I asked him to give me back the money and the phone. He said, okay but that he has put the money in one "akawo", i.e a local piggibank style where putting put their money in the custody of someone else who in the end of agreed period would collect a commission from the money. And I was like why would you give my money to someone to hold when I did not send you, and you are telling me now that until the agreed time I can not get back my money. When I change am for am, he went and borrowed the money to pay me. This dude is a gentle looking guy o, but na wayo and deceit full him mouth.
Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:57pm On May 02, 2021
That's to show you that we are not some robots or programmed dummies, each of us has his own mind but it's the Holy Spirit that makes it possible for imperfect humans to come together and start reflecting the qualities of God: like
LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} Jesus immediately refute the utterance of a man who labeled him as "good teacher" {Luke 18:18-19} the reason is because it's God (who is good) that's teaching us how to be good.
So despite the fact that as imperfect humans we often commit blunders but when we converge in His name {Act 15:14} His Spirit will take over the gathering and you'll begin to observe Godly qualities not in each of us because we are imperfect but in the congregation as one big body! Ephesians 4:12

May you have PEACE! smiley

2elliot:
One of una brother almost scammed me. I gave him my phone to change the screen. After the time period he asked me to come take it, I went and he said it wasnt ready. He then kept posting me for over a week, to a point he stopped picking my calls. When I finally caught up with him, he said he couldn't find the particular screen for the phone. So then, I asked him to give me back the money and the phone. He said, okay but that he has put the money in one "akawo", i.e a local piggibank style where putting put their money in the custody of someone else who in the end of agreed period would collect a commission from the money. And I was like why would you give my money to someone to hold when I did not send you, and you are telling me now that until the agreed time I can not get back my money. When I change am for am, he went and borrowed the money to pay me. This dude is a gentle looking guy o, but na wayo and deceit full him mouth.
Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by bolaayenimo: 3:54pm On May 02, 2021
brilliant response
MaxInDHouse:
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, the secret is how fully competent and completely equipped we are in handling matters. 2Timothy 3:16-17

First of all we take practical steps in everything we do so it's rare for a JW to offend another JW to that extent. We have one father (God) and one leader (Christ) Matthew 23:8-12

As long as we remain under the guidance of this two persons all disputes are settled within our gathering therefore it's like a taboo taking matters involving God's children (as we view ourselves) to outsiders. Isaiah 2:2-4

Some commentators up there says we don't participate in elections, we don't serve in the military, recite the national anthem or pledge.
Well that's because as a global family of peace loving worshipers we will not allow for anything that will break the bond Jesus sent God's Holy Spirit to create within us! John 16:13 compare to 17:20-23

So we must guard against all the machinations of Satan to make Nepotism, Racism or Politics divide us NO! Our love for Jesus and for our fellow believers surpasses all things! John 13:34-35 compare to Romans 8:38-39

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by 2elliot: 3:58pm On May 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
That's to show you that we are not some robots or programmed dummies, each of us has his own mind but it's the Holy Spirit that makes it possible for imperfect humans to come together and start reflecting the qualities of God: like
LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} Jesus immediately refute the utterance of a man who labeled him as "good teacher" {Luke 18:18-19} the reason is because it's God (who is good) that's teaching us how to be good.
So despite the fact that as imperfect humans we often commit blunders but when we converge in His name {Act 15:14} His Spirit will take over the gathering and you'll begin to observe Godly qualities not in each of us because we are imperfect but in the congregation as one big body! Ephesians 4:12

May you have PEACE! smiley

Amen, and thank you. But, I am surprised at this your reply. I have been following your post and at a point I thought you all are perfect. I never saw this imperfect aspect in any of your projections. I have known quite a number of JWs and am very welcoming to them too as they come to preach to me. At no time have I seen perfection in them. In fact one of them who was my neighbour and always kept distance with everyone else except her JW brethrens, not long ago was helped by me. I met her daughter buying ulcer drugs and I asked who needed them and she said her mother needs them. I had to tell her to leave it and I followed her to the house and met with her and I told her to pluck and chew a particular flower. And she did and got relieve immediately. In fact she always thanks and greets me everytime she sees me unlike before.
So, what I mean in essence is that, there is this perception you all project like the only perfect and chosen people of God that kinda of makes me a little reserved about the JW. I think we are all imperfect people, and for those who confess that and accept Jesus stand a chance to be saved.
Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by stephanie79548: 4:03pm On May 02, 2021
Hearing this for the first time
Re: Is It True Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Sue Each Other No Matter The Crime? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:34pm On May 02, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, regarding the faith in Jesus it's more than what most people are thinking!

2elliot:
Amen, and thank you. But, I am surprised at this your reply. I have been following your post and at a point I thought you all are perfect. I never saw this imperfect aspect in any of your projections. I have known quite a number of JWs and am very welcoming to them too as they come to preach to me. At no time have I seen perfection in them. In fact one of them who was my neighbour and always kept distance with everyone else except her JW brethrens, not long ago was helped by me. I met her daughter buying ulcer drugs and I asked who needed them and she said her mother needs them. I had to tell her to leave it and I followed her to the house and met with her and I told her to pluck and chew a particular flower. And she did and got relieve immediately. In fact she always thanks and greets me everytime she sees me unlike before.
So, what I mean in essence is that, there is this perception you all project like the only perfect and chosen people of God that kinda of makes me a little reserved about the JW. I think we are all imperfect people, and for those who confess that and accept Jesus stand a chance to be saved.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: Mbaka’s Dabble Into Politics Violates His Oath – Bishop Kaigama / T.B.Joshua : Till Now No News About Secret Cults Coming To Bury Him... / MFM: Maureen Badejo In Deeper Trouble, Slammed By An Austria Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.