|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,671,950 members, 6,283,075 topics. Date: Monday, 10 May 2021 at 07:51 PM
|Slide In,help With You Answer To Start My Journey! by DLight127: 9:44pm On May 02|
Happy Sunday, Hope it a great one!
Will love to ask this question!
As a Nigerian wanting to school in Canada,
How much will it takes to process travelling!
Not excluding Transport, Feeding, Accomodation, and others!
|Re: Slide In,help With You Answer To Start My Journey! by DLight127: 9:49pm On May 02|
Is it possible to get into a Prestigious Canadian University with my Waec result?
|Re: Slide In,help With You Answer To Start My Journey! by MiamiePizza(m): 10:02pm On May 02|
DLight127:Yes but schooling in Canada is expensive. Navigate Germany instead
|Re: Slide In,help With You Answer To Start My Journey! by DLight127: 8:48am On May 03|
Thanks so much for your reply!
Can you pls help with price estimate for both!
|Re: Slide In,help With You Answer To Start My Journey! by MiamiePizza(m): 5:38am On May 04|
As copied from Nairaland...
Most of the schools in Germany are tuition free even for international students, you only get to pay a certain amount as semester fees say between 100-400 euros and most times the semester fee comes with a semester ticket to aid in transportation in your city or town.
However, before you're granted a student visa, you have to prove that you can take care of your living expenses with one of the following means ;
1. Block account : The estimated living expenses for a student in a month is 720euros, when you multiply that by 12 months, you get 8640euros. This is the amount you're required to block in an already opened account with either Deutsch bank, Fintiba or Xpatrio. It is called a block account because you will not be able to withdraw everything at once, only 720euros will be released to you every month.
2. Sponsorship letter : If you have a relative living and working legally in Germany, they can get you this letter. They'll have to visit the alien office in their city and will be required to provide some documents and pay a certain fee. The letter will be sent to you when they receive it so that you can go with it for your visa interview.
3. Scholarship : This is usually the best if you have the scholarship, your visa will be granted in under 2 weeks after interview. So try and look for scholarships you can apply to.
Now that you understand the financial situation, let's go into the application process.
To search for schools, click on this link
filter your search to make it easier, there are English taught courses there.
Generally, the very important documents needed to apply to schools in Germany are;
2. English Proficiency
3. School Certificates (Degree, Waec, etc)
However, depending on the school, some other documents needed are as follows.
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. Motivation letter
6. Reference letters
7. GRE test
8. Etcetera.. Visit your prospective school website and find out the documents they need from you.
Note: You don't apply with your original documents, you have to make photocopies of them and Certify them in High court or a Notary public. If you stay in Lagos, you can certify at the German Embassy too. You'll have to book appointment for that.
For those planning to go for a Bachelors course, you need a 100level transcript from a university to apply for a BSc program in germany. WAEC alone will not be enough and No, OND will not do, you need a HND.
For the application proper, it is always important to go through the website of the schools you want to apply to, you'll get a lot of information form there concerning how to apply. Some schools do only online applications, some requires that you send your application documents to them by post after applying online, some you send your documents as pdf to their email address and then you get the uni assist crew.
Like I said earlier, it is important to go visit and read the websites.
When you get your admission letter, open a block account immediately(that is if you don't already have a sponsorship letter) and as soon as you get your account details, send an email to the embassy requesting for a visa interview date.
You need these to get an interview date:
1. Admission letter
2. Block account/sponsorship letter/scholarship letter
3. International passport data page(scanned)
Then your Full name and Resident address.
Prepare for your interview
Go for your interview.
You can use this link to join the German thread too. Although this is the link for 5, its now in 8 or so I think now.
|Re: Slide In,help With You Answer To Start My Journey! by MiamiePizza(m): 11:05am On May 04|
Follow this link for the German student visa thread https://www.nairaland.com/4566903/general-german-student-visa-enquiries
That's part 5 though
|Re: Slide In,help With You Answer To Start My Journey! by DLight127: 8:37pm On May 04|
Though Germany in not my dream country,
All the sounds cool!
Are you base in Germany!?
Do you mind getting connected with you on your preferable social media account!
Would love to process the Germany Scholarship!
|Re: Slide In,help With You Answer To Start My Journey! by MiamiePizza(m): 10:42pm On May 05|
DLight127:I'm not based in Germany
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90