Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,207 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Buhari Should Find Grace To Accept Defeat – Chief Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Find Grace To Accept Defeat – Chief Fani-kayode (721 Views)

If You Lose The Election, Accept Defeat – Jonathan Tells Tanzanian Politicians / I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje / Buhari: We Feared Jonathan will Not Accept Defeat - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Find Grace To Accept Defeat – Chief Fani-kayode by EzeUche3(m): 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2011
Buhari should find grace to accept defeat – Fani-Kayode

By Emmanuel Aziken

Former minister of aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has congratulated President Goodluck Jonathan and asked  the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, presidential candidate, Major General Muhammadu Buhari,  to restrain himself from inciting the country into a civil war.

While calling on Buhari to find grace to accept defeat, Fani-Kayode, in a statement, yesterday, called on the CPC candidate to nudge his supporters into giving peace a chance in Nigeria  as he warned that the alleged actions of his supporters were inimical to the survival of the country.

He said: “I congratulate President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on his victory in the presidential election  and I hereby call on General Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the  election  to sheath his sword. I also urge him to tread the path of decency and honour by calling on his supporters to stop killing people and to stop committing all these barbaric and outrageous atrocities in the north.

“The fact that he didn’t win the election proves that he has been rejected by God and the people and no amount of violence, murder, arson, intimidation, court cases, or litigation can change that. “We must give peace a chance in Nigeria and, no matter what, we must stop the bloodshed, calm everyone down and pull our nation back from the brink. Any attempt to rob President Goodluck Jonathan of his mandate will result in a reaction that would be far worse than anything that has ever been witnessed or experienced in this nation before.

“I appeal to those around General Buhari to tell him to stop all his tough talk, to cultivate the grace to accept defeat in good faith and to behave like the elder statesman that I have always believed him to be.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/buhari-should-find-grace-to-accept-defeat-fani-kayode/

Re: Buhari Should Find Grace To Accept Defeat – Chief Fani-kayode by EzeUche3(m): 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2011
Chief Fani-Kayode continues to speak the truth on issues. That is why I respect the man. Buhari should find grace to accept defeat. He did not campaign in the SE/SS, but expects people to vote for him. I see this as arrogance on his part. He allowed the massive crowds in the North to fool him.
Re: Buhari Should Find Grace To Accept Defeat – Chief Fani-kayode by Pennywise(m): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2011
They say it is worthwhile to listen to the message and not the messenger. To that extent one can comment on Fani-Kayode statement- a man who in sane societies will be doing long jail term for corruption and embezzlement.

He accepts defeat or not, Mohammadu Buhari should be arrested without further delay and tried for the senseless killing of Nigerian youth corpers to achieve a selfish and criminal political end.
Re: Buhari Should Find Grace To Accept Defeat – Chief Fani-kayode by Aderupoko2: 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2011
Do you have the prove that Buhari ordered the killings of youth corpers?Lets not turn logic on its head.The President is the C-inC,he should take charge and dilligently investigate and arrest the masterminders.Stop spreading wrong information!!!
Re: Buhari Should Find Grace To Accept Defeat – Chief Fani-kayode by XueRengui: 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
No choice

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Festus Keyamo? / 'lawyer’ Dupes 75-yr-old Of N12m / Strauss-kahn Arrest: Imf Head Detained At NOTORIOUS RIKERS Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.