Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:39 AM

How I Survive During 'COVID'19 Lockdown ' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Survive During 'COVID'19 Lockdown ' (280 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Survive During 'COVID'19 Lockdown ' by officialmario(m): 8:52pm On May 03, 2021
Although i have been hearing abt covid 19 pandemic since jan 2020, but i never believe it could be more serious.
I travelled down to ekiti to visit my wife and kid, i work at ibadan the but i always visit them every 2weeks, i was at ekiti when the lockdown started, so i had to stay at ekiti during the lockdown, life was'nt easy for me at ekiti, so i found it hard to feed my family, i am a teacher likewise my wife.
so i started following bricklayers to site just to go and do labour, at the end of the day i will be paid 1200, at times if we work in Ado it is 1500. It is very hard for me to feed my family 1200.. but what would i do? I have no otheq place to hustle.
Dere is this guy dat i followed to site one day, so after the day's work, he advised me to try nd learn the job instead of working as a labour for dose dat are not up to my standard, i was not even hapi with wat he said, How would someone like me start learning bricklaying? I am the vice principal where i work, how is it nw posible to learn handwork?

1 Like

Re: How I Survive During 'COVID'19 Lockdown ' by officialmario(m): 9:04pm On May 03, 2021
I made a vow i will nt follow the guy to work again, why would he introduce me to a dirty job? When he paid me on that day, i quickly hurried home and explain what the guy told me to my wife, i was expecting my wife to support me, but the replied i got from her was shocking, she said it is nt a bad thing, and beside we dont knw when federal govt would open school, she advise me to consider what the guy told me, and that i should negotiate with him if he would be giving me token everyday being a married man with a kid, when i got to work that day i told the guy all my problems, so he promise to be paying me 1k daily just to maintain my family, i collected the form and i told him i will spend just one year and we agreed.
i had to call one of my uncle to borrow me 20k so that my wife can be using to to buy akube cloth at ado just for us to be able to feed ourself, thank God i had a loving woman that understand my condition, at times, she would give me 200naira to buy bread and beans when i get to site.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive During 'COVID'19 Lockdown ' by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 03, 2021
Mario, you get 2 different life?
Re: How I Survive During 'COVID'19 Lockdown ' by officialmario(m): 9:16pm On May 03, 2021
I really suffer humilations when i was learning bricklaying, most of the seniors i met there are nt up to our last born, i am even older than the oga sef, at times, they would yell at me, broda bring sand for us, hey, where are the blocks now? I would rush and carry block and said.
Honestly speaking, it wasnt easy, thank God i have a woman that is supportive, i did nt even allow anybody in my family to knw what i am passing through, i was bold and determine to learn the work.
I started learning the work April last year and to the glory of God i would be having my freedom this thursday, i have been certify free, i i thank God for being with me all through the journey and most especially my wife, she got pregnant during that period and we had a baby boy on january 27, 2021.
Covid 19 has made me to be a brickayer, a job i didnt even plan to learn.
All praise be to jehovah.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive During 'COVID'19 Lockdown ' by ogashman(m): 7:18am On May 04, 2021
officialmario:
I really suffer humilations when i was learning bricklaying, most of the seniors i met there are nt up to our last born, i am even older than the oga sef, at times, they would yell at me, broda bring sand for us, hey, where are the blocks now? I would rush and carry block and said.
Honestly speaking, it wasnt easy, thank God i have a woman that is supportive, i did nt even allow anybody in my family to knw what i am passing through, i was bold and determine to learn the work.
I started learning the work April last year and to the glory of God i would be having my freedom this thursday, i have been certify free, i i thank God for being with me all through the journey and most especially my wife, she got pregnant during that period and we had a baby boy on january 27, 2021.
Covid 19 has made me to be a brickayer, a job i didnt even plan to learn.
All praise be to jehovah.

funny write up...I know this was all cooked up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

House Clearance At Ijesha Surulere Area / Female Designer Sunglasses / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.