Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Do You Think News Should Be Reported The Way It Happened Or Be Modulated? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Think News Should Be Reported The Way It Happened Or Be Modulated? (190 Views)

Scientists Just Reported The First Unambiguous Detection Of Water On The Moon / IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out / 10 Powerful Quotes That Will Change the Way You Live and Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think News Should Be Reported The Way It Happened Or Be Modulated? by Ebuka78: 9:05pm On May 03, 2021
There is news that is reported to please the audience and in the process would get viral and become the trend for the day.

Have you ever bother to ask yourself if a modulated news would sound interesting or would trigger shocks in the minds of the audience.

Example 1: A trailer rammed into a shop and five persons were killed as a result of the impact.

Example 2: A trailer rammed into a shop and five persons were crushed in the process.

Another one,

Example 1: Five people were killed by Herdsmen in Bauch state

Example 2: Five people were killed by Fulani Herdsmen in Bauchi state

More,

Example 1: An Unknown gunmen suspected to be members of ESN, set a police station in Imo state ablaze.

Example 2: An Unknown gunmen suspected to be secessionist set a police station in Imo state ablaze.

Let us hear your opinions.

CC: Lalasticlala

Mynd44
Re: Do You Think News Should Be Reported The Way It Happened Or Be Modulated? by HealerH: 10:57pm On May 03, 2021
Very beautiful observation.
Journalism hasn't been truthful recently... Don't know if it has always been like this. But it should be reformed.

I saw a recent news that said a "CATHOLIC" teacher in the USA sexually abused a 15 year-old... What concerns Catholicism with sexual abuse?
Another one is people reporting terrorist attacks as "Muslim terrorist attack". Why involve a religion in that?

If you see someone singing, report that you saw a singer. Don't say you saw a swimmer. You'll be making a fool of yourself.
Unfortunately people have been so biased they don't see a problem with this truth-distorting news reports.

Read my post of truth-saying. https://www.nairaland.com/6489265/how-say-truth
Re: Do You Think News Should Be Reported The Way It Happened Or Be Modulated? by Ademola47(m): 8:50am On May 04, 2021
I think it's for three reasons: to ease tension, for political reasons and as a marketing strategy.

The sensational and humorous topic appeal to the frustrated public. An average person doesn't really see the non modulated news reports as a big time.

By adding the modulation, professional called Journalistic Verbosity , the public will be willing to know more. Generally, humans are easily divided by religion, tribal or monstrous reportage. The reporters capitalise on this and relate it with everything.

Out of curiosity, they'll buy the newspapers (or click on it if online). Thus, the media house has more sales or traffic (which means more money).

Another modular problem is a politically influenced report. I won't like to mention names, but some media houses are usually one sided politically.

Let me stop here.

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Research Objectives In An Undergraduate Research Project / Kindly Help Me Solve This Professional Question / Why Your Project Proposal May Be Rejected By Your Project Supervisor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.