Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Bill And Melinda Gates Announce Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bill And Melinda Gates Announce Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage (128 Views)

Bill Gates And Melinda Gates Divorce Becomes Official / Melinda Gates Rents ₦50Million Per Night Private Island(Pics) / Bill Gates And Melinda Gates Divorce After 27 years (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Bill And Melinda Gates Announce Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage by Newsmond: 11:50pm On May 03, 2021
Bill and Melinda Gates have announced that they are ending their marriage after 27 years in a touching statement posted to Twitter. They made this announcement today, May 3, from their personal accounts

The couple met in 1987 after Melinda became a product manager at Microsoft and were seated next to each other at a business dinner in New York City. They were married in 1994 in Hawaii.

https://www.newsmond.com/bandits-threaten-to-kill-other-abducted-greenfield-university-students/

Their statement read: "After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship we have made the decision to end our marriage.

"Over the last 27 years, we have raised three incredible children and built a foundation that works all over the world to enable all people to lead healthy, productive lives.

"We continue to share a belief in that mission and will continue our work together at the foundation, but we no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in the next phase of this lives.

https://www.newsmond.com/video-father-mbaka-admits-discussing-contract-with-buhari-says-it-was-a-contract-of-securing-the-country/

"We ask for space and privacy for our family as we begin to navigate this new life."

The couple have three kids; Jennifer, 25, Rory, 21, and Phoebe, 18. Melinda, 56, is nine years younger than Bill.

Throughout the pandemic their foundation has focused on the development and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines around the world.

Shortly after their 25th wedding anniversary in 2019, Melinda told The Sunday Times that Bill struggled with balancing work with family.

She said: "We’ve just gotten to a point in life where Bill and I can both laugh about more things.

"And, believe me, I can remember some days that were so incredibly hard in our marriage where you thought, ‘Can I do this?"

Melinda said Bill was even hesitant to get married in the first place, adding: "When he was having trouble making the decision about getting married, he was incredibly clear that it was not about me, it was about "Can I get the balance right between work and family life?"

The Gates Foundation, founded in 1994, has more than 1,600 employees, and has issued grant payments of more than $54.8 billion, according to the foundation's web site.

Gates, 65, is No. 4 on The Forbes Billionaires list. with $124 billion, behind Jeff Bezos ($177 billion), Elon Musk ($157 billion), Bernard Arnault & Family ($150 billion)... and ahead of Mark Zuckerberg ($97 billion).

Source: https://www.newsmond.com/bill-and-melinda-gates-announce-divorce-after-27-years-of-marriage/

Re: Bill And Melinda Gates Announce Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage by Rocktation(f): 11:51pm On May 03, 2021

(1)

Cheap Land Available For Investment / 30 Tons Trucks Needed For Six Month In Ogun State / How To Promote Your Business To The Next Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.