Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan (2298 Views)

Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / Post Election Violence: Arrest, Prosecute Buhari Now, Can Tells Fg (2) (3) (4)

Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 1:00am On Apr 25, 2011
By Aramide Oikelome Senior Correspondent, Lagos

Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) President, Ayo Oritsejafor, on Sunday asked  President Goodluck Jonathan to arrest and prosecute Muhammadu Buhari and his cohorts in the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) before they plunge the nation into another civil war.

Oritsejafor told reporters at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos that the quest for a united Nigeria will not materialise if the country allows those fanning the embers of disunity to roam the streets free.

“I believe in one indivisible Nigeria, but I also believe that if Nigeria is ever going to remain one nation, which I believe it could, then certain persons must be sanctioned because of this continued violence we are experiencing in the Northern part of Nigeria,” he said.

“Let us not pretend by always saying the violence is taking place in some parts of the country. Muhammadu Buhari and others like him should not be allowed to roam the streets of this country because they are part of the confusion that has enveloped the nation today.”

Oritsejafor noted that the government has already blamed Buhari for the post-election mayhem in the North, which has also claimed the lives of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members.

He said in any decent society someone like Buhari would face the full weight of the law.

He argued that there are several other influential individuals the security agencies may have manipulated in the violence, and wondered why they have not arrested and prosecuted them.

“I don’t know how the Federal Government should sanction sponsors of such mayhem that has left hundreds of innocent Nigerians dead, but I think the government should do something to keep this nation one indivisible entity for the benefit of every citizen.

“I believe we are experiencing violence in parts of the North because certain highly placed persons in this country magnified the PDP problem of zoning offices and gave the impression to the electorate and the generality of Northerners, especially the gullible illiterates, that it was their turn to rule.

“Basically, what we are seeing today is the fact that they feel that it is their turn to rule. Those people who are perpetrating the mayhem do not know who won election and in what place.

“In fact, you will recall that the violence started long before the INEC Chairman (Attahiru Jega) declared the results, and sadly the mayhem is mostly in the states where Buhari won.”
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On Apr 25, 2011
Abagworo:

He said in any decent society someone like Buhari would face the full weight of the law.

Why?
Abagworo:

He argued that there are several other influential individuals the security agencies may have manipulated in the violence, and wondered why they have not arrested and prosecuted them.

“I don’t know how the Federal Government should sanction sponsors of such mayhem that has left hundreds of innocent Nigerians dead, but I think the government should do something to keep this nation one indivisible entity for the benefit of every citizen.

“I believe we are experiencing violence in parts of the North because certain highly placed persons in this country magnified the PDP problem of zoning offices and gave the impression to the electorate and the generality of Northerners, especially the gullible illiterates, that it was their turn to rule.

“Basically, what we are seeing today is the fact that they feel that it is their turn to rule. Those people who are perpetrating the mayhem do not know who won election and in what place.

“In fact, you will recall that the violence started long before the INEC Chairman (Attahiru Jega) declared the results, and sadly the mayhem is mostly in the states where Buhari won.”

WOW . . . what a wonderful world we live in!! undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Beaf: 1:10am On Apr 25, 2011
Buhari campaigning with a spear. Bakare did the same too:

Statement from the International Criminal Court of Justice (ICC):

Statement: 21.04.2011

[size=14pt]OTP Statement on Electoral Violence in Nigeria[/size]

The Office of the Prosecutor is closely following on the situation in Nigeria and is concerned with the outbreak of violence surrounding the National Assembly and Presidential elections of April 2011.

In the context of its on-going preliminary examination activities, the Office will seek to establish whether the recent violence may have been planned and organized and whether crimes falling within the Court’s jurisdiction may have been committed.

The Office is mindful that the upcoming governorship elections on 26 April could lead to further violence. Prosecutor Moreno-Ocampo stated. “Those who commit atrocities to gain power will be held to account”. The Office of the Prosecutor welcomes Nigeria’s political leaders’ call on their supporters to show restraint and avoid unrest. In accordance with the complementarity principle, the Office will, in the first place, support national investigations into the violence and its perpetrators.

Source: Office of the Prosecutor

http://www.icc-cpi.int/NR/exeres/FFAB57D5-3986-4208-8BC3-CEF1971629E7.htm
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 1:30am On Apr 25, 2011
Beaf:

Buhari campaigning with a spear. Bakare did the same too:

Don't be too quick to celebrate.I think Bakare has evidence of Ayo collecting bribe and the serial number of the notes taken.We might be in for the biggest Religious scandal in the history of mankind.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by real4life: 1:45am On Apr 25, 2011
I am surprised that this man has joined the bandwagon of people blindly calling for Buhari's head.

He said
"Muhammadu Buhari and others like him should not be allowed to roam the streets of this country"

Does he mean Buhari and others who are popular and liked by their people? Or Buhari and others who are incorruptible like him?

Okay maybe he was referring to his earlier statement:
the quest for a united Nigeria will not materialise if the country allows those fanning the embers of disunity to roam the streets free.

But what is Buhari's alleged crime? He advised his supporters before the election to "Come out and vote, Be vigilante, and Watch over your votes". For the record, INEC gave a similar advice and asked people to stay behind and witness counting of votes cast.

Before the election Ayo Oritsejafor also gave a similar advice: http://naijan.com/christian-association-of-nigeria-do-not-sell-your-votes/

President of the association, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, gave the warning while briefing newsmen at the end of the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the association, saying [b]Nigerians now had golden opportunity to change leaders and elect those, who would positively turn around the future of the country.

Decrying the pre-election violence that had been on the increase in recent times, the CAN leader urged registered voters to go out on election days and vote for their candidates and ensure they monitored the process to prevent malpractices.
[/b]

So what is all this nonsense about Buhari? Well, Buhari gave the same advice in 2007 and the Bauchi people who followed that advice stopped rigging in its tracks, successfully defeating PDP. This was hailed by many people as a very good way to defeat that corrupt party. It is noteworthy that there was no violence then even in places PDP won.

Fast forward to 2011 and Buhari repeats the same message with greater coverage, expecting people to use the Bauchi 2007 example to sweep PDP out of power. As we now know, INEC announced PDP as winners and some evil people have perpetrated violence citing Buhari's loss. But for crying out loud, how can you blame Buhari for all the nonsense that has happened?
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by hakanai(m): 3:59am On Apr 25, 2011
Don't mind them Jare! Buhari should stop his supporters when GEJ could use the security and other powers given to a sitting president to prevent or stop it?Let me ask if today Buhari went total rogue would GEJ be waiting for him to change before they can bring in security to victims?
We are all stupid especially this one and being sentimental.If the FG had tangilble evidence and feel CPC/Buhari should be prosecuted then what are they waiting for?
Lies and misguided facts always.Mr Beaf or what is that your name.Do you know that he Buhari is actually holding a flag and not a spear as you wrongly want people to think?You should be asking yourself tomorrow if you stood in front of your maker being asked about lying over issues would you be able to defend such facts?I think you are becoming more of a hater don't you think? undecided

Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 4:47am On Apr 25, 2011

Good heavens! shocked shocked
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by real4life: 5:20am On Apr 25, 2011
^^^ Dont break your eyeballs. Someone has already pointed out that it is a party flag he is carrying and NOT a spear as insinuated by some lazy critics.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 5:38am On Apr 25, 2011
Flag don become spear ke!!

Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by real4life: 5:42am On Apr 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Flag don become spear ke!!

LOL
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Becomricho: 6:35am On Apr 25, 2011
that is not a sword. but i think a flag, which is his party logo.

i doubt if pastor Ayo Oritsejafor ever made that statement to arrest buhari. i do not see the connection between the violent and buhari. Nigeria react this way. it would lead to a civil war.

i think we should handle this thing very well. me knowing the north, they would never allow jonathan to finish the 4 years. which would lead to a war. we should give peace a chance. we divide the country.

you see knowing the mind of God, God want peace. and dividing nigeria is the only way for peace.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by edoyad(m): 6:43am On Apr 25, 2011
you see knowing the mind of God, God want peace. and dividing nigeria is the only way for peace.
Well becomo if rumours i'm hearing are anything to go by then we'll soon be having peace.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by debeginin(m): 6:53am On Apr 25, 2011
Mr(Pastor) Oritsejafor,where were u when IBB,Atiku etal threatened to make this Country ungovernable n chaotic shd Jonathan wins?What did he(Jonathan) do then? Of course "Enuf is enuf" and now dat they've made good their threat,it is stil "enuf is enuf". Go after Atiku N co n leave Buhari
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Bintus2much(m): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2011
@Poster Can you give us the link to your story? Am finding it hard that a central christian figure like Pastor Ayo will say such a thing, if that is the case then, we are likely to experience more troubles as a nation, angry angry angry
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Odunnu: 11:19am On Apr 25, 2011
Divide and rule
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2011
Bintus2much:

Am finding it hard that a central christian figure like Pastor Ayo will say such a thing,  if that is the case then, we are likely to experience more troubles as a nation,  angry angry angry

Unfortunately he did.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Bintus2much(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2011
Abagworo:

Unfortunately he did.

i have seen the link, really not a good statement to have been made on Easter day, we dont even know who is who in Nigeria Again. Even our religious leaders have been polluted as well, na wa ohhh

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=32686
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by olawalebabs(m): 11:48am On Apr 25, 2011
With people like Beaf around, i see a bleak future for Nigeria, i cant imagine a plain LIAR that'll want to turn black to white for us. Buhari is holding a long PEN which is the logo of his party and not spear, that is how he show it in all his rally. As for Papa Ayo, i dont want to believe he say all that. I want to believe he was quoted out of context. Success Nigeria
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Pataki: 11:51am On Apr 25, 2011
Can we please have a link to this story?

I do not want to believe Ayo Oritsejafor said those things there.

If indeed he said those things. . . . . Christianity in Nigeria has gone to the dogs.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by gidson12(m): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2011
no comment
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by NwaNimo1(m): 11:57am On Apr 25, 2011
By next week everything will be forgoten
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Bintus2much(m): 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
Pataki:

Can we please have a link to this story?

I do not want to believe Ayo Oritsejafor said those things there.

If indeed he said those things. . . . . Christianity in Nigeria has gone to the dogs.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=32686
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Pataki: 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2011
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Kenyy: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
My Local and Sectional Misguided Pastors, why not lead the Suicide Mission!

Abagworo:

Don't be too quick to celebrate.I think Bakare has evidence of Ayo collecting bribe and the serial number of the notes taken.We might be in for the biggest Religious scandal in the history of mankind.
GBAM!H He who resides at Glass House should not cast stone(s).
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by texazzpete(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2011
Oritsejafor is a dolt if he really did say that.

I see people burning with indignation about the violence in the North. Where was CAN and Oritsejafor when innocent children were being killed and maimed in Akwa Ibom over baseless allegations of witchcraft from his fellow PFN members like Helen Ukpabio? The man was too busy quaffing tithe money to do anything about the carnage.

And yes, i am a Christian. People like Ayo Oritsejafor should be hiding their heads in shame.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Beaf: 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2011
olawalebab:

With people like Beaf around, i see a bleak future for Nigeria, i cant imagine a plain LIAR that'll want to turn black to white for us. Buhari is holding a long PEN which is the logo of his party and not spear, that is how he show it in all his rally. As for Papa Ayo, i dont want to believe he say all that. I want to believe he was quoted out of context. Success Nigeria

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. That is not a "long PEN," it is a SPEAR. Why should a pen be made so long and thin that it unmistakably is a spear?
Buhari and Bakare held similar spears at other campaigns.

Now that blood has been spilt, we demand to know why Mr Buhari held spears at some rallies.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by olawalebabs(m): 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Beaf, try to get the video of any of their campaign and you'll see what am saying.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by vislabraye(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2011
texazzpete:

Oritsejafor is a dolt if he really did say that.

I see people burning with indignation about the violence in the North. Where was CAN and Oritsejafor when innocent [b]children were being killed and maimed in Akwa Ibom over baseless allegations of witchcraft from his fellow PFN members like Helen Ukpabio? [/b]The man was too busy quaffing tithe money to do anything about the carnage.

And yes, i am a Christian. People like Ayo Oritsejafor should be hiding their heads in shame.

I didnt follow the story about the killing and maiming. Was she tried at all?

These Northerners (responsible for the killing) are bloody bigots. Those responsible should be fished out. Buhari should be interrogated too. We must put an end to this barbaric act so it doesnt spread like cancer.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
Is there a particular news that i missed, cos i am yet to see anywhere where Buhari told the people to be fighting on his behalf, as far as i know the man has told people and supporters to stay away from violence, that if he has anything to fight, it would be at the court.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2011
Beaf:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. That is not a "long PEN," it is a SPEAR. Why should a pen be made so long and thin that it unmistakably is a spear?
Buhari and Bakare held similar spears at other campaigns.

Now that blood has been spilt, we demand to know why Mr Buhari held spears at some rallies.

LMFAO!

I always mistook beaf for a serious minded extremist but the above quote showed the comic side of him.

Beaf I think you will make a good comedian.
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2011
Who should we hold responsible for MEND killings, the never ending Jos killings etc Buhari also?
Re: Prosecute Buhari Now, CAN Tells Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2011
Bintus2much:

@Poster Can you give us the link to your story? Am finding it hard that a central christian figure like Pastor Ayo will say such a thing, if that is the case then, we are likely to experience more troubles as a nation, angry angry angry

I am equally disappointed that the man could stoop this low. I mean what would prompt him to make such comments? Oritsejafor of all people, hard to believe!

Nigeria Ex-delta State Governor James Ibori Guilty Plea / World Exclusive: Nigeria Lunches Rocket/missile Vehicles / Vice President seat would cause division in APC.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52