Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast (8292 Views)

Validity Of Celebrating Mawlid An-nabiyy / Does Undertaking Covid-19 Test Whilst Fasting Affect The Validity Of The Fast? / Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Haykins2115(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2021
Asalamu aleikum
Good day guys,I always experience this when I'm fasting or I'm not really sure whether it's my mind playing trick on me.Any time I perform ablution when I'm fasting,I always have this sensation and taste in my mouth that there are traces of water remnant in my mouth,even tho I do split it out but few seconds later,I will still feel the taste in my mouth,but atimes I've no choice than to let it down my throat, this normally occur when I'm on solat, I just want to ask if my fasting is still valid or...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by yrex01(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2021
You not alone bro

9 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Ayyubian: 1:11pm On May 05, 2021
Still valid.
It's always been like that.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:13pm On May 05, 2021
Validity is ur fasting

2 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Teslaraj121(m): 1:17pm On May 05, 2021
Waalykum salam warahamotullahi wabarakathu, Your Fasting is still Valid! Anytime you perform Ablution just spit out the water in your mouth very well and move on! Santan will Always give people dos kind though but don’t Allow him

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by haybhi1(m): 1:17pm On May 05, 2021
Wa alaykum Salam waramatulahi wabarakatuhu.

All perfect praises be to Allah, Whom I testify is the only God of the worlds, worthy of worship, and Muhammad (peace be upon him) is his messenger.

Dear OP, intentions represent the most important thing in determining the destination of an action or act. This destination could be either good or bad(sin).

In Islam, a sin or act is pardoned, forgiven if it falls into the following category:
1. Unintentional
2. Forgetfulness
3. Forceful imposition of an action on one
4. Error
5. Unknown

This is in accordance with the Qur'an in verses 2:286 and 33.5, and some sound Hadiths.

In view of this, if your water-retentive act is free from intentions and you 'accidentally' swallow water, then your fast is completely valid.

Allah knows best. Salam Alaykum.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by darkCoal: 1:18pm On May 05, 2021
Thanks. My fasts are valid. It happens to me more often

3 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Musty112: 1:19pm On May 05, 2021
Happens to everyone

3 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Incognito403: 1:20pm On May 05, 2021
1. Your fast is valid.

2. There's no need to spit, spit and spit. In fact, your continuous spitting could be the reason why you keep getting this sensation.

3. The only precaution is that you don't sniff water deeply when performing ablution. so that you don't erroneously sniff it down your throat. Some scholars are of the opinion that it invalidates fasting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Ibfpleasant(m): 1:23pm On May 05, 2021
Your fasts are valid, it happen to most people!!

5 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Mightymanna(m): 1:24pm On May 05, 2021
Here in the North because the heat is too much you can't even swallow the water even if you try to, infact I can't even break fast with dates because the mouth will be dry by then, you just have to flush it with Water

7 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by EricSmallz(m): 1:25pm On May 05, 2021
Extremism

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by abdul4new(m): 1:25pm On May 05, 2021
Yes your salary is still 100 percent valid

3 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Quality20(m): 1:32pm On May 05, 2021
Dont allow whisperings of shaitan spoil ur worship, be strong n courageous

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by roqrules04(m): 1:40pm On May 05, 2021
Your Fast is very Valid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by superamoled: 1:43pm On May 05, 2021
Your fast is still intact.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Elzakzaky: 1:52pm On May 05, 2021
Oga, go and eat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Lagusta(m): 1:54pm On May 05, 2021
abdul4new:
Yes your salary is still 100 percent valid

subhaanallah grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Akhee: 2:01pm On May 05, 2021
haybhi1:
Wa alaykum Salam waramatulahi wabarakatuhu.

All perfect praises be to Allah, Whom I testify is the only God of the worlds, worthy of worship, and Muhammad (peace be upon him) is his messenger.

Dear OP, intentions represent the most important thing in determining the destination of an action or act. This destination could be either good or bad(sin).

In Islam, a sin or act is pardoned, forgiven if it falls into the following category:
1. Unintentional
2. Forgetfulness
3. Forceful imposition of an action on one
4. Error
5. Unknown

This is in accordance with the Qur'an in verses 2:286 and 33.5, and some sound Hadiths.

In view of this, if your water-retentive act is free from intentions and you 'accidentally' swallow water, then your fast is completely valid.

Allah knows best. Salam Alaykum.
I too just experience it just some few minutes ago. Jazakumullah khairan Akhee

5 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Teeeecash(m): 2:14pm On May 05, 2021
Happens to me sometimes, i will spit and spit and spit thinking i still have traces of water on my mouth

2 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 05, 2021
Slaves!

Mentally enslaved to their callous lord.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by oloyedewaris(m): 2:17pm On May 05, 2021
I think it's still valid

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Abdul4trust1(m): 2:23pm On May 05, 2021
Haykins2115:
Asalamu aleikum
Good day guys,I always experience this when I'm fasting or I'm not really sure whether it's my mind playing trick on me.Any time I perform ablution when I'm fasting,I always have this sensation and taste in my mouth that there are traces of water remnant in my mouth,even tho I do split it out but few seconds later,I will still feel the taste in my mouth,but atimes I've no choice than to let it down my throat, this normally occur when I'm on solat, I just want to ask if my fasting is still valid or...
please brush your teeth before and after eating.
Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by medexico(m): 2:35pm On May 05, 2021
Haykins2115:
Asalamu aleikum

Asalam alaikum

This is what is called waswas and it is caused by shaytan, he is messing with your head. This is quite common than you might think, just ignore the thought and swallow and be rest assured nothing is wrong with your fasting.

May Allaah ease our affairs.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Jarus(m): 2:47pm On May 05, 2021
Haykins2115:
Asalamu aleikum

Ignore

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Teymanhenry(f): 6:18am On May 06, 2021
Scientifically, there's no way you can do ablution without certain amount of water wetting down ur mouth or throat. Except of course you want to use towel dry your mouth. What matters most is your heart, your intentions and how you live your life during your fast
Re: I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast by Hardebaryor(m): 9:32am On May 06, 2021
There is nothing wrong with that. Your fast is valid

(1) (Reply)

Benefits And Rewards Of Illness / Hajj Without A Visa? / You plan to complete Qur'an in a certain period of time?See how it is divided.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.