Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Woman Cries Out After In-law Allegedly Abducted Her Three Children - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Cries Out After In-law Allegedly Abducted Her Three Children (464 Views)

Landlord’s Brother-in-law Allegedly Kills Tenant In Lagos / Woman Cries Out As Herdsmen Destroy Her Crops With Their Cattle / Abraham Amuta: Corps Member Allegedly Abducted By Boko Haram In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Cries Out After In-law Allegedly Abducted Her Three Children by Triton1996(m): 4:36pm On May 05, 2021
A woman, simply addressed as Mrs Blessing has cried out after her sister in-law allegedly abducted her three children On Monday, 19th Of April, 2021 because she refused to attend her Ex-husband’s funeral in their village.

The woman had been separated from her husband, Godwin Onoja due to domestic violence for over a year before the husband died of terminal illness a month ago and therefore felt no need to attend the deceased funeral or take part in the widow’s rite.

She was however astonished when the deceased elder sister visited her parent’s house in Abuja to abduct her three children.

In a video shared by her, She revealed that she hasn’t heard from her children, neither does she know the whereabouts of the deceased family members except the mother who is In the village where the widow’s rite is supposed to take place.

Also, Hadassah Support group where Mrs Blessing has been getting financial support from since she separated from her husband confirmed the incident in a lengthy write-up, while calling on Kogi state government to intervene.
Read Below
‘’ HOW DOES ANYONE SLEEP PEACEFULLY AT NIGHT, KNOWING THAT THEY HAVE ABDUCTED YOUNG CHILDREN FROM THEIR MOTHER

Blessing is a member of Hadassah Support Group. The Foundation has helped her and her children financially a couple of times after she left her abusive husband over a year ago (the husband who became late about a month ago due to a terminal illness).

Whilst been separated, she had been solely responsible for the three children without help from her late husband or his family members.

Upon the death of her late husband about a month ago, his family members have accused Blessing of his death and has requested that she comes to their village with the children to swear and oath and undergo some of the harmful widows rites.
She however refused to honor the invitation of going to the village because she doesn’t have a hand in his death. Instead he died as a result of a terminal illness which he had been battling with even before Blessing left the abusive marriage.
Three days ago, her late husband’s elder sister came to her Blessing’s parents house in Abuja and abducted the three children.
Up till now, Blessing is not aware of their location. She also doesn’t know the present location of any of her late husband’s family members except his mother who is in the village (the same village she has been requested to come undergo the harmful widow’s rite).

We are calling on the Kogi State Givernment, NGO’s, Federal Agencies, Human Right Activists and well meaning Nigerians to please help Blessing get her children back’’

Re: Woman Cries Out After In-law Allegedly Abducted Her Three Children by Praxis758: 4:14am On May 06, 2021
There's ways two sides to a story, let's wait and hear from the the accused in-laws.

Some people are good in presenting stories that favors them in order to gain public sympathy.

This same issue happened in my dld family last month. My late brother's wife suddenly came and took his two sons away from my mum a fortnight ago.

My brother died mid April 2020 and our side has been the one taking care of the wire and his 3 kids. The eldest daughter (my niece) has been living with my sister since 2012.

I concluded I would neither intervene nor beg her to return the kids, reason is to avoid stories that my family snatched, kidnapped, maltreat or deny her of access to her kids.

She's been jobless since time immemorial, couldn't pay their school fees. people and the school management started begging us to pay the school fees but I insisted she owns the kids and should be able to afford anything on them.

She launched propagandas with series of distorted, concorted stories to favor herself but I kept telling my siblings to keep their lips sealed.

She finally bowed to pressure and return the kids when feeding and running cost of the two boys almost killed her. I kept telling my siblings that patient and diplomacy is a potent weapon to fight an ingrate like her and the weapon worked wonder

So I believe some stories being presented by widows, fatherless motherless are not always true. Some distort the real story to gain public sympathy.
Re: Woman Cries Out After In-law Allegedly Abducted Her Three Children by Lalami3232(m): 8:51am On May 06, 2021
My late father would always say: "Son, if you want to be a good judge, always be patient to hear from both side before passing judgment". I choose not to say anything until I don hear from both parties.
Believe the words of a woman , at ur own peril grin
Re: Woman Cries Out After In-law Allegedly Abducted Her Three Children by Ajoketofunny: 2:06am On May 08, 2021
Praxis758:
There's ways two sides to a story, let's wait and hear from the the accused in-laws.

Some people are good in presenting stories that favors them in order to gain public sympathy.

This same issue happened in my dld family last month. My late brother's wife suddenly came and took his two sons away from my mum a fortnight ago.

My brother died mid April 2020 and our side has been the one taking care of the wire and his 3 kids. The eldest daughter (my niece) has been living with my sister since 2012.

I concluded I would neither intervene nor beg her to return the kids, reason is to avoid stories that my family snatched, kidnapped, maltreat or deny her of access to her kids.

She's been jobless since time immemorial, couldn't pay their school fees. people and the school management started begging us to pay the school fees but I insisted she owns the kids and should be able to afford anything on them.

She launched propagandas with series of distorted, concorted stories to favor herself but I kept telling my siblings to keep their lips sealed.

She finally bowed to pressure and return the kids when feeding and running cost of the two boys almost killed her. I kept telling my siblings that patient and diplomacy is a potent weapon to fight an ingrate like her and the weapon worked wonder

So I believe some stories being presented by widows, fatherless motherless are not always true. Some distort the real story to gain public sympathy.

You can still take care of the child while the child is with the mother. It is not wise to separate mother and child except the mother is a danger to the child

Some of you actually needs cheap labour that is why you keep children that are not yours with you

1 Like

Re: Woman Cries Out After In-law Allegedly Abducted Her Three Children by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:34am On May 08, 2021
Your brother died and his wife is alive, yet you people didn't want her to keep the children, you prefer to see her suffer poverty along with your brothers children, very bad. A child belongs to the parents. That's why women are always adviced to always have a source of income, but some of them are fooled by their husbands into being full time housewives. I am hopeful she will find her feet in life so she comes get her children.
Praxis758:

Re: Woman Cries Out After In-law Allegedly Abducted Her Three Children by tungamaje: 6:20am On May 08, 2021
You separated from a man because he had a terminal illness, why wouldn't his family come for their late brother's children?

(1) (Reply)

Ex-soldier Who Fled North-east Arrested In Imo For Aiding A Jailbreak - (photo) / How Armed Men In Fresh Imo Police Station Attack Killed Police, Lose 3 Men / Watch Before You Eat Meat! Man Pen!s Found Inside Soup -video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.