Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

UK Elections 2021 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Elections 2021 (315 Views)

UK Elections: Tories Suffer ‘worst Result In 40 Years’ / Breaking! UK Elections: Chi Onwurah Wins Newcastle Central / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UK Elections 2021 by budaatum: 6:47pm On May 05, 2021
After delayed local elections in 2020 due to the pandemic, May 6 will bring a bumper batch of elections across England, Wales and Scotland. Citizens will elect 143 English local councils, 129 Members of the Scottish Parliament, 60 Members of the Welsh Senedd, 39 Police and Crime Commissioners, 25 London Assembly seats and 13 directly-elected mayors.

Re: UK Elections 2021 by orisa37: 7:59pm On May 05, 2021
VERY GOOD. SEE REAL SECURITY IN PRACTICE. THE PEOPLE ELECT POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONERS NOT APPOINT OR SELECT THEM BY ONE BIG HEADED IDIOT CLAIMING CONSTITUTIONAL POWERS.

1 Like

Re: UK Elections 2021 by budaatum: 8:22pm On May 05, 2021
orisa37:
VERY GOOD. SEE REAL SECURITY IN PRACTICE. THE PEOPLE ELECT POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONERS NOT APPOINT OR SELECT THEM BY ONE BIG HEADED IDIOT CLAIMING CONSTITUTIONAL POWERS.

Election of police and crime commissioners in practise as dictated by constitutional powers.

The person appointing or selecting them by constitutional powers is exercising constitutional powers too, and if we do not like it we should aim to change the powers given by the constitution instead of not expecting the given powers to be exercised.

It's like you should not expect me to not steal, but put checks and procedures in place to make it impossible for me to steal, and if I do steal make the consequences so much that it is not worth my stealing. That is how UK evolved into what you admire today.

If I had the means, the following will be on naijatelly so people will understand how UK got from where we are today to where they are today, and the amount of work that is involved.

Bent Coppers: Crossing the Line of Duty, Series 1: 1. Firm in a Firm: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000v4h4 via @bbciplayer

Bent Coppers: Crossing the Line of Duty, Series 1: Episode 2: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000vc90 via @bbciplayer

Bent Coppers: Crossing the Line of Duty, Series 1: 3. Taking a Drink: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000vlmw via @bbciplayer

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Says China Working With Criminal Gangs To Commit Global Cyberattacks / Cyril Ramaphosa Confirms Resigning Over State Capture. / The US Military Successfully Flight-tested New Hypersonic Weapon Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.