Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 (785 Views)

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 by icenti: 8:06pm On May 05, 2021
Hello fams, please kindly recommend an oil for my Camry 08 V6 engine. Since I bought it 8 months 7 months ago, I’ve been changing the oil every two months using mobil 2000 5w - 30. However, I’ve been to several petrol station & they don’t have this oil. I stay in Lagos. What other brand can I use ? Today someone suggested this & I want to be sure if it’s okay using it

Re: Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 by Dottore: 8:18pm On May 05, 2021
The normal Mobil Xhp as 20w-40/50 is ok. it's not as if you are driving a modern or sophisticated car. Even MRS is very ok. So no issue
Re: Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 by icenti: 8:23pm On May 05, 2021
Dottore:
The normal Mobil Xhp as 20w-40/50 is ok. it's not as if you are driving a modern or sophisticated car. Even MRS is very ok. So no issue

So in one word the above screenshot is okay abi?
Re: Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 by dru23(m): 8:27pm On May 05, 2021
icenti:
Hello fams, please kindly recommend an oil for my Camry 08 V6 engine. Since I bought it 8 months 7 months ago, I’ve been changing the oil every two months using mobil 2000 5w - 30. However, I’ve been to several petrol station & they don’t have this oil. I stay in Lagos. What other brand can I use ? Today someone suggested this & I want to be sure if it’s okay using it

If you want to cut the lifespan of your engine go ahead use it .....

If you want to prolong the lifespan of the engine follow the owners manual at all times .. They design the engine and they know better than us .....

Now those model camry do come with factory defect. Meaning that they short oil . this is well know fact , if yours has that issue and you are 100% sure it does . you can use 5w40 not 20w50 ...... A word is enough for the wise .....

We have people on nairaland that sells oil .. Reach out to them .. Imported engine oil is expensive now . so is engine and parts .. Choose wisely
Re: Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 by emmancecute(m): 9:23pm On May 05, 2021
dru23:

If you want to cut the lifespan of your engine go ahead use it .....

If you want to prolong the lifespan of the engine follow the owners manual at all times .. They design the engine and they know better than us .....

Now those model camry do come with factory defect. Meaning that they short oil . this is well know fact , if yours has that issue and you are 100% sure it does . you can use 5w40 not 20w50 ...... A word is enough for the wise .....

We have people on nairaland that sells oil .. Reach out to them .. Imported engine oil is expensive now . so is engine and parts .. Choose wisely
his engine is V6 2gr not i4 2az. Its the i4s that comes with the oil shortage defect not the v6. Op, i 'll advice you look for a closer alternative like this poster suggested. You could try other notable brands too just ensure you stick to the oil viscocity recommended by the manufacturer or a very close alternative. The 20w50 is a no no for me.
Re: Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 by HenryWilliams(m): 9:27pm On May 05, 2021
If you love your engine, stick to the recommended oil specs. I own 09 I4. It burns oil. That's the factory defect it came with and I can't help it. I've owned it for 3 years and the engine still purrs and super quiet.. you know why? I use 0w-20 synthetic oil. It's bloody expensive purchasing it but you know what's more expensive? Buying a replacement engine.
Stick to the synthetic oil specs and your engine will last long.

1 Like

Re: Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 by dru23(m): 9:32pm On May 05, 2021
emmancecute:
his engine is V6 2gr not i4 2az. Its the i4s that comes with the oil shortage defect not the v6. Op, i 'll advice you look for a closer alternative like this poster suggested. You could try other notable brands too just ensure you stick to the oil viscocity recommended by the manufacturer or a very close alternative. The 20w50 is a no no for me.

He is very lucky than .. Those engine are strong and fast .. I love those v6 engine camry especially the SE version Camry.. Fast cars nice too the fully loaded ones with leather erc..

I wanted to get that instead of my Infinty GX 25.....

1 Like

Re: Recommend An Engine Oil For Camry 08 V6 by obama30: 9:44pm On May 05, 2021
icenti:

A good vegetable oil servers you better than all this monogram oils

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help To Interpret My Car Scan Report / Toyota Matrix 2010 Model 6 Month Used Available / Can This Rusted Corolla Beam Still Be Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.