Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence (1325 Views)

Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad / More Than 2,000 Killed By Boko Haram In Baga, and No One Is Talking About it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by EzeUche3(m): 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2011
1,000 killed in Zankowa post-election violence

•As pregnant women give birth in refugee camps
From GARBA MUHAMAD, Kaduna
Monday, April 25, 2011

Facts emerging from one of the refugee camps in Kaduna revealed that over 1,000 people were killed in Zankowa town in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State during the post-election violence in Kaduna State.

Those evacuated from the troubled areas disclosed this to newsmen at the Mando Hajj Camp, where some of the displaced persons from the town were moved after the incident.

Meanwhile, three pregnant women have delivered babies in the refugee camps in Marraban-Jos and Hajj Camp in Kaduna. One of the babies, Fatima, had its naming yesterday at the Hajj Crescent Initiatves (HCI) Camp in Mando Kaduna. While Malama Hadiza, from Zankowa town said she and the baby were all fine and had been taken care of by the nurses at camp. She, however, disclosed that her husband was still at Zankowa and yet to be evacuated.

The mother of five said her other siblings were all in good condition living with her in the camp. Already, the wife of the vice president through her aide had sent her goodwill and baby wears to the new nursing mothers.
Leader of the refugees in the camp, Malam Abdullahi Ibrahim Zadara, said more than 1,000 people had been killed and two-third of the town razed by fire in the unfortunate incident.

He said about 5a.m of Tuesday, unidentified soldiers who were dropped by an unknown train in the town and some residents set ablaze their market and residential houses and embarked on indiscriminate killings.
According to one of the victims of the incident, Yahat Isyak, about three armed men came to their house with heavy sticks and pursued them killing some of his brothers and in the process he was hit by a bullet on the left side of his stomach.

He said about 308 people were the following morning in mass burial while many were still missing as at the time they left Zankowa for Kaduna. About 337 of the Zankowa crises have so far been recorded at the camp, which was established by HCI, a humanitarian non-governmental organisation in Kaduna. The secretary-General of HCI, Alhaji Aminu Ibrahim stated this while a consignment of relief materials from the wife of the vice president, Hajia Amina Namadi at the camp yesterday.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/25/national-25-04-2011-009.htm
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by seanet03: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
ezeuche stop over hyping this Issue mehn!!
We all felt sorry for what happened but this Figures i guess are Lies
stop being a M0r0n
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by EzeUche3(m): 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
It could be true, it may not be true. All I know is that the North is a hostile place.
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by ibisomi(m): 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
I live in Kaduna. The pple in that refugee are mainly Hausa evacuated when there was reprisal attack. I believe d figure is gross exageration. They like to exagerate their things. Their pple started d problem and why were they not talking about innocent non-indigenes and xtians that were killed by their pple unjustly
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by karlmax2: 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
He is a fool that chooses which aticle to believe and the one that is ojoro!!! A fool enslaved by tinubu and his boyboy
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by udezue(m): 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2011
Zonkwa is in Southern Kaduna. I think they might be exaggerating.
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by edoyad(m): 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2011
@ezeuche forget these liars. They're trying to win sympathy after initiating the violence in the 1st place. Where are the 1000 hausas that were killed buried. Though i'm not in kaduna now one thing i know is that the reprisals couldn't have touched half as many hausas. Bunch of lying leeches.
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by cycloflo: 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
The Nigerian Police has declared one MR. OYEBUCHI CELESTINE WANTED for involvement in SAME-SEX activities. Anyone with useful information about his whereabouts should please contact the nearest Police Station or the following numbers:

Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by 13volts(m): 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
Since the crisis the usual stuff have been the number and manner Christians were killed. No body have for once refuted or denied any of the claims reported in our dalies this is the first time a report of muslin casualties was pasted on NL yet every body is questioning the figures and even the authenticity of the story.
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by 13volts(m): 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
It is an undisputed fact that the hausas started the killings but the reprisal attack against innocent Muslim in kaduna south is unimaginable and catastrophic. This are news that will not make the headlines in our bigoted printmedia.
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by edoyad(m): 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2011
13volts:

It is an undisputed fact that the hausas started the killings but the reprisal attack against innocent Muslim in kaduna south is unimaginable and catastrophic. This are news that will not make the headlines in our bigoted printmedia.
You expect the media to carry the death of muslims in southern kaduna when possible thousands of Nigerians in Kano, kaduna, Katsina, Bauchi, Nigeria, Adamawa, Borno etc were murdered by their kin. Their homes and places of worship looted before being razed.
You come here and talk about catastrophic when dozens of innocent young corpers were butchered in the
Prime of their lives. People who would have contribute meaningfully to this country.

1 Like

Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2011
If true, then it is possible we are looking at close to [size=13pt]17000 dead(riot killings/murders -- no one side to this) since 1999 [/size]. The big question remains, when are Nigerians going to demand better security from their government? Or are we in for another year of ABSOLVING GOVERNMENT, especially at the federal of these crimes against the citizenry?
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by udezue(m): 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2011
If the Hausa ppl didn't strike there wouldn't have been a need for reprisals so I don't feel sorry for them. If this is true then I must say that Southern Kaduna xtians are by far the most battle ready group in the North.
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by EzeUche3(m): 7:10pm On Apr 25, 2011
udezue:

If the Hausa ppl didn't strike there wouldn't have been a need for reprisals so I don't feel sorry for them. If this is true then I must say that Southern Kaduna xtians are by far the most battle ready group in the North.

Have you forgotten about the Ijaw and Tiv?
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by 13volts(m): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
The point here is that some people are not ready to accept the fact that hundreds of hausas were killed in southern kaduna.
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by edoyad(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2011
The point here is that some people are not ready to accept the fact that hundreds of hausas were killed in southern kaduna.

You actually need learning aid don't you ? Who cares how many nazis died in world war 2 ? No one. Now ask yourself why.
Some of your sick leaders Wake you up, drug and arm you to go attack innocent people around the country and you expect any one to care even a nuclear bomb was dropped on your race ? Never.
In your sick minds you probably think the country has moved on and forgotten, but you're wrong. Every where people are discussing the next step forward and believe me you won't like it. Just because people are not barbaric enough to Wake and violently attack your kind doesn't make them stu.pid. You will witness the consequences of your actions yourself.
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by ono(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
cycloflo:

The Nigerian Police has declared one MR. OYEBUCHI CELESTINE WANTED for involvement in SAME-SEX activities. Anyone with useful information about his whereabouts should please contact the nearest Police Station or the following numbers:

Nairaland no go kill me with laughter! grin grin grin grin
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by karlmax2: 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
13volts:
The poin
t here is that some
people are not ready to accept the fact that hundreds of hausas were killed in southern kaduna.
it is called

REPRISAL and thought some morons were questioning how GEJ got 1million plus Vote in KADUNA I guess this has answered one of ur begging question

The people of southern KD must have lost there own in the NORTH of KD good reaction and another reminder that no group has "MONOPOLY TO VIOLENCE"
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by sirjec(m): 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
Whatever is the case, if 1000 were killed in Zankowa, that means more than a million was killed in all the troubled parts of the north. Malam announced the number, why did he announce only for Zankowa, we are waiting for report from all the north and no one has been bold to tell us the figure. May be you people should beg the malam to tell us the correct figure of corpers and christians killed in all the crises.

These malams reason like cow. The reprisal attack came after the main attack but the result of the reprisal attack is out yet the result of the main attack is yet to be out and may be will never be out. LLLOOOOOOLLLLLL
Re: 1,000 Killed In Zankowa Post-election Violence by nwajay(m): 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2011
kobojunkie you speak of security from the government

Are you saying the government should give kaduna special SECURITY VOTES

I dont get how you blame the government for people who look at the innocent like CHICKEN and slaughter them.

We do not have better things to do but to wait up for people who have decided not to join the Nigerian Cause.

One day they will get what they are looking for,

And i aint talking about a knife battle, its gonna hit them like the last election hit them, The POWER OF THE PEN.

(1) (Reply)

Aba Owerri By Oceanic Bank Near Rail-way Crossing Aba As At 31/1/2012 Aba Owerri / Borno Government Releases 100 Million Naira For Purchase Of Onions / A Case For Urbanization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.