Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

The Dark Spot - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dark Spot (89 Views)

Apostle Suleman Slams Police For Killing Suspect On The Spot / Real Beggars, Executive Beggars. Can You Spot The Difference? / The Dark Secrets Behind The Pope’s Audience Hall (it’s A Giant Reptilian) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dark Spot by SonofIssachar: 12:28am On May 06, 2021
One day, Professor John Morgan entered his class and asked his students to prepare for a surprise test. They all waited anxiously at their desks for the exam to begin.

John handed out the exams with the text facing down, as usual. Once he handed them all out, he asked the students to turn over the papers. To everyone’s surprise, there were no questions – just a black dot in the center of the paper.

The Professor, seeing the expression on everyone’s faces, told them the following: “I want you to write about what you see there.”

The students, confused, got started on the inexplicable task. At the end of the class, the professor took all the exams and started reading each one of them out loud in front of all the students. All of them, with no exception, defined the black dot, trying to explain its position in the centre of the sheet.

After all had been read, the classroom was silent. Professor John Morgan smiled and said, “I’m not going to grade you on this, I just wanted to give you something to think about.

“I’m surprised that no one wrote about the white part of the paper which is bigger than the black dot. Everyone focused on the black dot; the same thing happens in our lives.

“However, we insist on focusing only on the black dot – the health issues that bother us, the lack of money, delayed marriage, exams failure, difficult relationships, loneliness, hardships, disappointment, etc. The dark spots are very small when compared to everything we have going in our lives, but they are the ones that usually pollute our minds because we give them too much attention.

“Take your eyes away from the black dots in your lives. Enjoy each one of your blessings, each moment that life gives you. Be happy and live a life filled with love, faith and hope! That’s what the white part of life is all about.”

So, enjoy the moment…

— Author Unknown

Meditation: Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance. – Isaiah 55:2

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Also read:

10 Little Christians
Uses of the Scripture
A Surprise Lesson from Squeezing an Orange

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Blame God For Dare's Death / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:saturday , May 22, 2021 / Meditate On This Tonight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.