Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions (15691 Views)

Chelsea Are The Women Super League Champions 2021/2022 Season / Rasheedat Ajibade Helps Atletico Madrid Win Spanish Women’s Super Cup / Oshoala Fires Barcelona Into Final Of The Spanish Women's Super Cup (video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by obembet(f): 6:32am On May 06, 2021
Chelsea have been crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions after beating Reading 5-0 to claim the 2020-21 title at Kingsmeadow on Sunday.

The title race came down to the final day with Chelsea needing a win to make sure second place Manchester City didn't pip them to the post at the last minute.

Chelsea only lost one game all season, which came against Brighton who ended their 33-game unbeaten run in the league. City also only lost one game in 2020-21 but their four draws to Chelsea's three meant they had to settle for second place.

Chelsea won the title last year on a points-per-game basis after the season was curtailed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

As part of changes to the Champions League structure for the 2021-22 season, three teams rather than the usual two from the WSL have qualified for the tournament with Chelsea, City and Arsenal booking their places.

Manchester United, who had put up a good challenge for the third Champions League spot in the earlier part of the season, finished fourth.

Chelsea's Sam Kerr topped the league's scoring chart with 21 goals and Ann-Katrin Berger won the league's Golden Glove, one clean sheet ahead of City's Ellie Roebuck.

Bristol City were relegated after they lost 3-1 to Brighton.

Leicester City confirmed their promotion to the WSL, a first for the club, on April 4 with a 2-0 win over London City Lionesses.

The title is Chelsea's fourth in the WSL which puts them one ahead of Arsenal as the team with the most wins in the league's history.

Celebrations will be short for Emma Hayes' side, however, as they face Barcelona in the UWCL final on May 16. Neither side have ever won the tournament.

A win for Chelsea against Barcelona would put them on track to do the Quadruple this season with the league title and Continental Cup already secured. The FA Cup schedule was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the shutdown of "non-elite" football in England.

Source: https://twitter.com/ChelseaFCW/status/1391414132705042434?s=09

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by paulolee(m): 6:38am On May 06, 2021
congrats to them...barca femeni also won the league title last weekend and both teams are facing each other this sunday for the UCL title..
wish both of them goodluck even if Barcelona femeni are huge favorites because if you follow women European club football, you would know dt its lyon with 7 wins dt do dominte but barca is looking for revenge after losing the last final to Lyon..
it seems its a good year for Chelsea but I doubt if both men n female team can win the UCL title....it would be a big win for them..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Bornsinner7: 6:43am On May 06, 2021
Up blues

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Pierocash(m): 7:39am On May 06, 2021
Chelsea is the new champion of UEFA CL 2020/2021 season.

Man City is losing, no team make it the CL final the first time and wins.

City can com back next season to win it,not this one

Congrats Chelsea

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Trustme2(m): 8:36am On May 07, 2021
And so ?
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by obembet(f): 2:28pm On May 07, 2021
mynd44
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by obembet(f): 7:31am On May 12, 2021
Trustme2:
And so ?

Community shield in the bag
Continental cup in the bag
Women Super League in the bag

FA Cup and Champions league to go

Best female team in the world

Once again, congratulations to Chelsea from Diehard Manchester United fan

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by ictjobber: 1:11pm On May 12, 2021
No surprise here
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by DropsMic(m): 1:11pm On May 12, 2021
Not one single black person is in their squad

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by femi4: 1:11pm On May 12, 2021
Stale news

NL and delayed news

1 Like

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by setobaba: 1:12pm On May 12, 2021
Tonight game

Likes for Chelsea

Share for Arsenal

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by fredoooooo: 1:12pm On May 12, 2021
Nice one girls...
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Koryc: 1:12pm On May 12, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by rawtouch: 1:12pm On May 12, 2021
lipsrsealed

people that don't watch women's soccer will come here to claim club
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 12, 2021
that's cool.....
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by EjaikreTheViper(f): 1:13pm On May 12, 2021
Crunchyg2:
Hello everyone, please I plan of opening a POS centre, I have processed a POS machine which have been delivered to me and also printed banners and secured a place where I can do my POS business but the problem is I don't have enough money left with me to start this business immediately that is why I am coming to the good people of nairaland. I am in need of someone that will invest 50k and get 5k interest every month or 100k and get 10k interest every month for as many months the money is invested in the business and anytime the person needs his initial money he can take it back only that he will give a month notice. I am ready to provide any collateral you need and ready to prepare an agreement and sign. Please any interested person should hit me up on whatsapp. My number is below on my signature. I am in Lagos incase you want a physical meeting. Thanks

You dey learn scamming?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by iammo(m): 1:14pm On May 12, 2021
undecided

Congrat chelsea

My own be say so CR7 no dey go next champions league

1 Like

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by princepee: 1:16pm On May 12, 2021
DropsMic:
look well you will see one
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by princepee: 1:16pm On May 12, 2021
It's gonna be double when the men winnings theirs too.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Henrick007: 1:18pm On May 12, 2021
DropsMic:
is it a must they have black in there squad,how many white do we have in our league?

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by boxypane(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2021
Pierocash:
Chelsea is the new champion of UEFA CL 2020/2021 season.

Man City is losing, no team make it the CL final the first time and wins.

City can com back next season to win it,not this one

Congrats Chelsea
Porto did.
Notwithstanding, Chelsea will win Amen.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Crunchyg2: 1:19pm On May 12, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:

You dey learn scamming?
How do you mean?
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Greystone: 1:21pm On May 12, 2021
DropsMic:

Honestly.
Closest is Asian
Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Olam09(m): 1:21pm On May 12, 2021
DropsMic:
That's a sweet lie... they have up to 3 black players among them.. check thier Instagram page.. i mean chealseafcw

1 Like

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by saajus: 1:28pm On May 12, 2021
Appetizer. The real meals are coming on May 15th, 16th & 29th. So help us, God.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea crowned back-to-back Women's Super League champions by Olawalelead(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2021
Congratulations ladies...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joan Laporta Returns As Barcelona President After Winning Club Elections / Kanu Shares His Joy Over A Successful Operation Of A Kid In His Foundation / Croatia Vs Canada: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (4 -1) On 27th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.