Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,362 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:31 PM

Ukvisa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukvisa (938 Views)

Ukvisa, Appeals & Rejections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukvisa by tellme: 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2011
I sent a withdrawal dt i needed to return to work in Nigeria as my employer was not willingly to give any further unpaid leave extention. My admission was in 2009, but i differed it moreso i made the application while in Nigeria,paid a full tuition Nov 2010.
Re: Ukvisa by JJM(f): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2011
@tellme

It is not entirely clear why you suddenly withdrew your appeal and returned to Nigeria, especially in light of the fact that your permission to appeal was granted on a point of law and the matter remitted back to the IAT/AIT(as it was called back then-now called First tier tribunal). This reconsideration may have allowed another judge to overturn the previous judges decision, although he may just apply the correct law, apply sound reasoning and still come to the same decision hence a favourable decision would not have been 100% guaranteed in any event.

It could be inferred by your withdrawal from the appeal in 2008 that you conceded the point and that the decision of the ECO to refuse you leave to enter was correct, hence your subsequent refusal in 2011 for the alleged breach in April 2007. You have not stated why you withdrew or at least what reasons your solicitors put forward for your withdrawal back then.

Moving forward, your administrative review appears to have been refused(correct me if I 'm wrong) and it would appear that your best bet now is to appeal-effectively challenging your recent refusal and reopening the case against you. Please be warned that this will not be easy as the ECO may try to claim that you voluntarily withdrawed from the appeal and cannot be allowed to revisit it by using "back door" tactics. Any appeal to the tribunal must include credible reasons why your withdrew from your previous appeal as ECO will try to discredit your claim using this.

Also, I am not sure what type of course you have booked yourself on. You have applied as a family visitor and my understanding is that in accordance with the Immigration rules in relation to visitors, one of the requirements is that "does not intend to undertake a course of study". I cannot say any more until you state what kind of course you booked yourself on.

Sorry I cannot give more detailed advice but have tried to help with the information you have given.
Re: Ukvisa by justwise(m): 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2011
@JJM

That was a great analysis of the case, sadly the system blocked it.

@op, visit her profile and read it.
Re: Ukvisa by JJM(f): 9:37am On Apr 28, 2011
@justwise

Thanks hun. Not sure why I was blocked (something about a spam, angry ).Hopefully, will get sorted out soon.
Re: Ukvisa by justwise(m): 10:04am On Apr 28, 2011
JJM:

@justwise

Thanks hun. Not sure why I was blocked (something about a spam, >:( ).Hopefully, will get sorted out soon.

Yes the spam is struggling with ur advanced grammar and decided to block it grin grin grin. . .only the mod can help us with that.
Re: Ukvisa by JJM(f): 11:02am On Apr 28, 2011
justwise:

Yes the spam is struggling with[b] your advanced grammar[/b] and decided to block it grin grin grin. . .only the mod can help us with that.
Nice one mate, cool cool.Please fix Mr Moderator!
Re: Ukvisa by tellme: 10:25pm On May 28, 2011
@JJM
I avent gotten a reply from u yet.

I sent a withdrawal dt i needed to return to work in Nigeria as my employer was not willingly to give any further unpaid leave extention. My admission was in 2009, but i differed it moreso i made the application while in Nigeria,paid a full tuition Nov 2010.
Re: Ukvisa by tellme: 4:25pm On May 29, 2011
@JJM @justwise i still avent gotten ur opinion on dz matter
Re: Ukvisa by justwise(m): 4:57pm On May 29, 2011
tellme:

@JJM @justwise i still avent gotten your opinion on dz matter

You haven't answered those questions JJM asked, please read her post again and answer those questions, that will help.
Re: Ukvisa by JJM(f): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2011
Sorry I have not been reviewing my previous posts(don't receive notifications anymore).
@Tellme, any updates?

(1) (Reply)

Life In Northampton Part Of The Uk, Please!: Any Nigerian? / National Identity Card / Giant (NIGERIAN) African Snails Seized At Los Angeles Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.