Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? (10034 Views)

How Relevant Is C++ In Programming / 5 Most Relevant Programming Languages Every 21st Century Developer Should Know / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by nullbyte: 4:02pm On May 08, 2021
still good....i use it for malware development

1 Like

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by Martialb1(m): 4:07pm On May 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Anyday anytime twice on Saturday son

Slawormiir u be programmer grin

2 Likes

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by abbey621(m): 4:10pm On May 08, 2021
This is like wanting to build a house and not buying land. Most new programming languages are just C programming modified and expanded using object oriented programming. If you're new to programming you want the best foundation as possible, learning C programming and even C++ helps you to get this foundation and ensures that you can adapt no matter what the cruel world of systems development throws at you. From Java to JScript to Phyton and Swift, you become so flexible that you can never be outdated or overlooked.

4 Likes

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by mattfeuter(m): 4:13pm On May 08, 2021
Balenciagabrain:
Hello,
May I kindly get your candid opinions? I recently am pitching for I.T which I am having problem with choosing which language to go for but I finally considering to settle for C++. I hope I am not going for what may have become outdated.
Besides, may I also know more specifics about C++... I would be very much grateful for your kindness.

Learn Python instead
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by aikyg(m): 4:15pm On May 08, 2021
It is still one of the top three programming languages today.
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by aikyg(m): 4:17pm On May 08, 2021
I won't advice anyone to learn C, if you are not an engineer or do not have an understanding of computer architecture, pointers, stacks and stuff. Just go with Python and PHP, if you are a mere mortal.
abbey621:
This is like wanting to build a house and not buying land. Most new programming languages are just C programming modified and expanded using object oriented programming. If you're new to programming you want the best foundation as possible, learning C programming and even C++ helps you to get this foundation and ensures that you can adapt no matter what the cruel world of systems development throws at you. From Java to JScript to Phyton and Swift, you become so flexible that you can never be outdated or overlooked.

3 Likes

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by Efekb: 4:22pm On May 08, 2021
Balenciagabrain:
Hello,
May I kindly get your candid opinions? I recently am pitching for I.T which I am having problem with choosing which language to go for but I finally considering to settle for C++. I hope I am not going for what may have become outdated.
Besides, may I also know more specifics about C++... I would be very much grateful for your kindness.
If you need a job learn JAVASCRIPT
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by zimmaking(m): 4:23pm On May 08, 2021
Try C# ,python or golang programming languages.You won't regret it.I dislike C ++ like kilode.
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by shegzhkn: 4:26pm On May 08, 2021
abbey621:

shocked

oloko D i no sabi say u sef dey write code o.
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by femi4: 4:29pm On May 08, 2021
How can you be programmer and still have time for Nairaland
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by abbey621(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2021
aikyg:
I won't advice anyone to learn C, if you are not an engineer or do not have a understanding of computer architecture, pointers, stacks and stuff. Just go with Python and PHP, if you are a mere mortal.

Perhaps in Nigeria where we are still using slo mo but over here in the USA, you don't have to be an engineer, we have business analysts, AWS developers, cloud developers etc that will tell you that their foundation was built using C language.

1 Like

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by abbey621(m): 4:31pm On May 08, 2021
shegzhkn:

shocked

oloko D i no sabi say u sef dey write code o.

My first degree was computer science na, even tho I've moved into I.T business more than programming, e no dey finish for body grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by Kimjongun: 4:43pm On May 08, 2021
abbey621:

Perhaps in Nigeria where we are still using slo mo but over here in the USA, you don't have to be an engineer, we have business analysts, AWS developers, cloud developers etc that will tell you that their foundation was built using C language.

C++ is an hot cake in the US na, all these big companies over there are looking for C++ guys, the problem is they don't offer Visa sponsorship
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by shegzhkn: 4:48pm On May 08, 2021
abbey621:

My first degree was computer science na, even tho I've moved into I.T business more than programming, e no dey finish for body grin grin grin

Yeah, that right.
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by melodyogonna(m): 4:51pm On May 08, 2021
I don't think C++ can be outdated 20 years from now, the number of softwares it powers is something else, more are being built with it everyday. Rust is offering an interesting competition though, but I don't think can compete for the next 10 years
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by vioment: 4:58pm On May 08, 2021
Over relevant.

Good for most customized programming

Great for electronic programming
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by Cryptodegen: 4:59pm On May 08, 2021
Balenciagabrain:
Hello,

Python, solidity, substrate....you're welcome
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by abbey621(m): 5:03pm On May 08, 2021
Kimjongun:

C++ is an hot cake in the US na, all these big companies over there are looking for C++ guys, the problem is they don't offer Visa sponsorship

They do o but you have to be highly competitive. You can't be a fresh graduate or less than 7 years of experience because you're competing with Indians and other Asians and those people dey work as if someone dey hold gun to their head grin.

2 Likes

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by lextube: 5:06pm On May 08, 2021
Balenciagabrain:
Hello,

Honestly, if you're looking at getting a software job in Nigeria, go for Java, python, C#, php, and javascript, and any of it's framework. With these programming languages, you'll get a job in Nigeria as fast as possible. Besides, these languages have so many libraries, and communities where you can get knowledges from.

As for C++, I don't know anything about it other than it can be used to develop games which I don't think there're gaming companies in Nigeria, thus it will be very difficult to get a job with C++ in Nigeria.

So please go for any of the languages I have advised you to go for if you want to get a quick software job in Nigeria, and perhaps in the world at large.

2 Likes

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by umar745(m): 5:07pm On May 08, 2021
C++ is very relevant.
I recently paid someone 200k to do a biometric software.
Painful thing is the hardware came with full documentation and all we needed was a few modifications to fit our needs.
Even though you didn't tell us the other contenders C++ is still very relevant.

1 Like

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by mjconcept(m): 5:08pm On May 08, 2021
It seem c++ is ideal for embedded systems which I intend going for, but I want to know which laptop specifications one should consider?
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by thekingofafrica: 5:09pm On May 08, 2021
Lol maybe not in Nigeria, it is very relevant.
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by Swanzi(m): 5:11pm On May 08, 2021
C++ together with C are middle level languages which means they are very much closer and has direct access to the systems memory and data and also has all the features of high level languages knowing C++ is an advantage and a +

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by InvertedHammer: 5:21pm On May 08, 2021
/*
Refreshing to know there are many programmers and S/W Engineers here...not just eggheads.

*/

1 Like

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by Telstar: 5:23pm On May 08, 2021
Balenciagabrain:
Hello,
Yes, C++ is a very cool language. I learnt it in school pretty well but got disappointed because of my inability to debug some errors in a very large project. Sent the program to my friend in the US and he also couldn't debug those errors. I got frustrated and later drop the language.

C++ is a very difficult language.

2 Likes

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by Telstar: 5:34pm On May 08, 2021
C++ can be used to develop operating systems, browsers, games and so forth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by ofiko123(m): 5:51pm On May 08, 2021
It is good for those practicing or learning it...
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by Incognito403: 6:06pm On May 08, 2021
Balenciagabrain:
Hello,
It's still very relevant. But, mind you, it's not for the week hearted. You must brace up for the challenge. Those C languages are the next layer after binary. Infact, high-level languages like Python and JavaScript are built on a C language.

But it's very very possible.

Good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by ZiiVentures: 8:42pm On May 08, 2021
If you want to be a machine learning expert, computer vision expert, algorithm developer for financial trading programs, embedded systems programmer, games developer, HCI developer, database architect, etc then go for C++

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by oloyedewaris(m): 10:37pm On May 08, 2021
orbgoblin:
C++ is relevant o. Many ooerating systems and big budget video games are written in C++.
Did op wants to be developing os or what even the games built with cpp are those old games, there are better languages and framework for that, python and js alone be used to do what cpp will effectively, efficiently and with shorter time. Did you know there are a lot of js game engines and python machines that is by far better than cpp as a language
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by Angeldemon: 10:51pm On May 08, 2021
C and C++ are the grandmasters of all other programming languages.
Their programmers are the ones who create other programming languages.
They are like gods in the tech world.
Re: Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? by TUANKU(m): 10:58pm On May 08, 2021
Noobs and half-baked programmers are saying C++ is outdated.
The multi billion dollar video game industry relies heavily on C++ just to mention a few.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of All States With Local Governments In Nigeria In JSON, PHP And SQL Format / Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! / Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.