Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,656 members, 7,827,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

N Y S C - Repackaging Or Total Scrapping! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / N Y S C - Repackaging Or Total Scrapping! (885 Views)

A NAIRALANDERS N.Y.S.C. Years In Pictures. / Opinion: What The Incoming Government Should Do With N.Y.S.C. / 55 Things Every Intending N.y.s.c Member Should Not Leave Home Without! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N Y S C - Repackaging Or Total Scrapping! by akinolasam: 10:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
This year has turned out to be the worst for the graduating students of this Nation who are supposedly to be serving their father-land across the Northern parts. This is not the first and I want to say (not as a prophet of doom) it will not be the last time that young LIVES and TALENTS will be cut short by the uneducated fools.

To many of us, N Y S C was a place of fun, but that was in those days. An average copper now will tell you how horrible the life in Camp has become, couple with the truth/fact that some communities are not hospitable at all.

I will want all and sundry, who knows about the pains and agony encountered during service year and the recent trends of murder of Youth Coppers to speak up now. Let us demand for a repackaging of this compulsory national exercise if it must continue, and where good conditions can not be provided it is better to completely scrap it now than wait for when some hoodlums and religion fanatics will just walk into a camp/coppers lodge with explosives.

As for me I am even asking that COPPERS BE MADE TO GO AND SERVE IN THEIR STATE OF ORIGIN where they will have VALUE than sending then to the lions dens in the name of serving the fatherland.
Re: N Y S C - Repackaging Or Total Scrapping! by Olumogun: 8:30am On Apr 26, 2011
If this will stop the alumajiris from WASTING our National treasures (Youth Coppers) then I think it should be scrapped.
I also want to agree with U that indigenous state government of these Coppers will give then a more honorable attentions than when they ended up in a strange land (state) where no one care for their welfare.
Re: N Y S C - Repackaging Or Total Scrapping! by UncleJJ(m): 1:05am On Apr 29, 2011
So that when my junior ones graduate. They sit down at home,

Shanu cool
Re: N Y S C - Repackaging Or Total Scrapping! by Jorryy(m): 7:57pm On May 01, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] i fink the lawmakers should come up wif a bill safeguarding the lives of Nigerian students, sometin lyk insurance. Also let the student serve in their various states wea they hail from. cry

(1) (Reply)

Journey Mercy For All Corpers / If You Are A Corper - You Should Read This.... / Should Young Part Time Students In Nigeria Join The Nysc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.