Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,312 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives (1026 Views)

Iphone 15 Will Use USB Type-c Port And Charger / How Hackers Can Use USB Chargers To Destroy Your Devices / Bulk 8gb Flash Drives >>>>>>> Giveaway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives by Smartdepotng: 4:12pm On May 07, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzHouo2q8k8

I started buying SD cards online (and mostly outside Nigeria) since 2009 mainly from Aliexpress and Ebay.

I got few good ones but the majority were inflated size and fake SD CARDS or USB drives. There was one I used then (supposedly 64GB) on my Samsung galaxy note 2 in 2012. It actually saves file but once I go beyond 8GB I won't see the pictures and videos that I saved. At first I thought it could be virus but I know it wasn't virus because of the way I use my phone.
I knew it was an inflated size SDcard but can't tell how to spot it out until I ran into the H2testw app (Windows only) in the video I added a link to Mac OS alternative called F3.
From then till now, I test every USB flash drive, SD card or External Hard Disk Drive before I start using it.
In fact, I warn online sellers to do a H2testw on the cards before they sell to me else I open dispute and get my money back.
If I buy from local stores, I sometimes carry my laptop to test it at the spot or tell the seller that I'll test it at home to see if it passes the test and if it doesn't pass, I'll return.
My oldest SD card (32GB) I have used for 7 years thanks to H2testw that gives me this peace of mind about memory cards, flash drives and HDD. Now I no longer fear that my files will disappear.

Furthermore, the H2testw app also shows you the speed or class of SD card or flash drive that you are using.

1 Like

Re: Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives by Sunkyphil(m): 4:18pm On May 07, 2021
am always sceptical when it comes to buying sd card or flashdrive cos of the many fakes out there
Re: Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives by WeNoGoDie(m): 4:29pm On May 07, 2021
Smartdepotng, I was told the makers of these fake drives program their drivers to present fake data as real to such apps like H2testw.

I don't know if this is true.
Re: Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives by atheistandproud(m): 4:54pm On May 07, 2021
Educative
Re: Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives by atheistandproud(m): 4:54pm On May 07, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
Smartdepotng, I was told the makers of these fake drives program their drivers to present fake data as real to such apps like H2testw.

Excellent question
Re: Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives by Smartdepotng: 5:31pm On May 07, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

IT IS NOT TRUE!
H2testw measures the true size of the drive and in doing that it also shows you the write speed of the drive which determines the quality of the drive or storage.
Chinese programs can deceive Windows and Android devices but not with H2testw.

Here is what H2testw does:
I've bought a 64GB memory that is in reality an 8GB Memory card. The 64GB was the inflated size written on the SD card and that's what Windows File Explorer shows.
H2testw business is to keep generating 1gb file until it fills the 'supposedly' 64GB
It uses advanced md5 hashtags to create files, give you warning when the files can no longer be written on the drive and when done, will verify the md5 of the written files and give you details of the the size of files that the SD card can contain with or without errors

2 Likes

Re: Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives by WeNoGoDie(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2021
Smartdepotng:

IT IS NOT TRUE!
H2testw measures the true size of the drive and in doing that it also shows you the write speed of the drive which determines the quality of the drive or storage.
Chinese programs can deceive Windows and Android devices but not with H2testw.

Here is what H2testw does:
I've bought a 64GB memory that is in reality an 8GB Memory card. The 64GB was the inflated size written on the SD card and that's what Windows File Explorer shows.
H2testw business is to keep generating 1gb file until it fills the 'supposedly' 64GB
It uses advanced md5 hashtags to create files, give you warning when the files can no longer be written on the drive and when done, will verify the md5 of the written files and give you details of the the size of files that the SD card can contain with or without errors

Okay. Thanks for explaining.
Re: Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives by OnyeNka2021: 9:59pm On May 07, 2021
Very educative video this!
Re: Watch This Before You Buy Or Use Usb Flash Drives, Sd Cards Or Hard Drives by femi4: 6:51am On May 08, 2021
For over 10yrs....It's SanDisk flash drive or nothing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Recent To The Doubt In Distruction Of My Shop I Here By Dominique Comfirmed / How To Run PS 1 Games On Your Android Phone / Nairaland Phone Section Is Now Boring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.