Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,504 members, 7,861,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:27 PM

Opc(militant Faction) Warns Politicians Against Inciting Statements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opc(militant Faction) Warns Politicians Against Inciting Statements (485 Views)

Keyamo Blasts Politicians Against Buhari's Appointments Pattern / Ekiti Babalawos/Herbalists Warn Politicians Against Bloodshed, Endorse Jonathan / Arewa Youths Caution Buhari Over Inciting Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opc(militant Faction) Warns Politicians Against Inciting Statements by jason123: 1:56am On Apr 26, 2011
BY DAPO AKINREFON
National Coordinator of the Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, Otunba Gani Adams, has called on politicians to refrain from statements capable of inciting violence during and after the elections, noting that the unity of Nigeria should not be threatened.

He also stressed the need for President Goodluck Jonathan to ensure that security was beefed up in the country to prevent a recurrence of the two bomb blasts that occured in Suleja, Niger State and Maiduguri, Borno State, adding that such acts were enough to rubbish whatever good works he might have achieved.

He also lamented the death of youth corps members, who were victims of the violence, stressing the need for Northern leaders to bring the situation under control.

Adams said, “let me plead with the President to, as a matter of urgency, put in place structures that would prevent the kind of bombings in Suleja and Maiduguri. Such acts can take away all the gains of the last 12 years.”

Speaking with Vanguard on the conduct of the elections so far and the post-election violence that trailed it, he commended President Jonathan on the success of the presidential and National Assembly elections.

Adams said by the conduct of the elections, which had been hailed across the country and beyond, as free and fair, the President has demonstrated that he can keep to his promise.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/opc-warns-politicians-against-inciting-statements/
Re: Opc(militant Faction) Warns Politicians Against Inciting Statements by EzeUche3(m): 1:58am On Apr 26, 2011
OPC is doing the right. I am loving this! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Gbenga Adeyinka, D'banj, Julius Agwu At Polling Units / Which Additional Qualification Am I Suppose To Have To Become A Stock Broker? / Pdp Candidate Dosunmu To Fashola: I Surrender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.