Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,556 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? (1765 Views)

So You Dont Believe In God? / Why Are Atheists Obsessed With A God They Dont Believe In? / In Case You Dont Believe in Miracle, Read My Testimony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 26, 2011
I think in John, Jesus said if no one believed in him they should bring him over and burn them. so does it mean if a sane man doesnt believe in Jesus,is he destined to perish?
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by jpworld(m): 10:59am On Apr 26, 2011
Nothing will happen, Jesus/bible is a fictional story.

A man in jail for turning water into wine, A man in jail for healing the sick, A man in jail for claiming son of God, is just a story never happen. Just like Harry P.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2011
If you don't believe in Jesus, you will most likely not fall victim of going to church and giving your money to greedy pastors. Simples. You will not spend your entire life having to mentally deal with double speaks like, "God is wrathful but loving" and double thinks like, "love your neighbor as yourself, but love only those who share the same belief as yours".
babaearly:

I think in John, Jesus said if no one believed in him they should bring him over and burn them. so does it mean if a sane man doesnt believe in Jesus,is he destined to perish?
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Micuilles: 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2011
Give your life to christ
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by EarsWide(m): 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Micuilles

Mr yellow fever - are you not chasing me anymore  grin grin grin

Mugu!
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by jpworld(m): 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2011
Yu will need to be a mugu, to accept Jesus.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2011
I'm sitting in my chair thinking. what if i dont just believe the story of Jesus, does it mean i wont have a better life if i work for it? Why would the fear of the unknown (afterlife) make me to believe in Jesus?
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 27, 2011
babaearly:

I'm sitting in my chair thinking. what if i dont just believe the story of Jesus, does it mean i wont have a better life if i work for it? Why would the fear of the unknown (afterlife) make me to believe in Jesus?
don't bother. It shouldn't be a problem.
Jesus can only have such influence, because he doesn't exist
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Joagbaje(m): 3:06am On Apr 27, 2011
babaearly:

I think in John, Jesus said if no one believed in him they should bring him over and burn them.

Jesus didn't say so.

so does it mean if a sane man doesnt believe in Jesus,is he destined to perish?

I have a feeling you meant to say "an insane man" if that's what you mean. An insane man will not be destroyed if he never had opportunity to hear the gospel. But if he had heard the gospel and he rejected it before his insanity , he will be judged by what he heard. Im sure you are not insane, you can respond to the gospel now.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by ogogoro: 3:36am On Apr 27, 2011
babaearly:

Believing in Jesus is not all about having a better life. That is far from the point. This lie is what many preachers tell for financial profit. In fact, the first christians were desititutes, abandoned by not just families and the state, but they were tortured and killed for their beliefs. Christianity is not about financial gain. Jesus did not come to the world to die so that we can buy Bentleys. That is a heresy from the piy of hell. Jesus died to take the punishment for our sin, so that when we stand before God to give an account of how we lived our lives (which we did not give to ourseleves, believe it or not) we would be justified through Christ. Nothing to do with the Bentleys bull sheet that people use to market their business.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by IdiAmin2(m): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2011
Believe me, you are better off in life not believing in a fictional story of an imaginary diety in a fabricated white-man story. Of course the fanatics will scare you with hell-fire. Be a free thinker, love people, live your life as best as possible, religion limits, puts you in a coma, you will be living this life in a trans waiting for a white man to come in the sky on a white horse grin to save you which will never happen.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by CrudeOil2(m): 9:15am On Apr 27, 2011
Human beings are not born to know Jesus. A lot of people today dont even know who Jesus is.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Joagbaje(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2011
@Idi-Amin

Idi-Amin:

Believe me, you are better off in life not believing in a fictional story of an imaginary diety in a fabricated white-man story. Of course the fanatics will scare you with hell-fire. Be a free thinker, love people, live your life as best as possible, religion limits, puts you in a coma, you will be living this life in a trans waiting for a white man to come in the sky on a white horse grin to save you which will never happen.

Do you honestly believe the bible as fiction?
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by kreamstaff: 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2011
@guys am glad we know dat Jesus brought us D gospel i.e Good News but most christians get it twisted & D best they do is accuse peeps of being Bad, sayin u must accept christ or BURN IN HELL! So tell me, HOWS DAT GOODNEWS? no wonder most peple "wont become"/ARe christians due to anger/fear & not 4 d love of GOD. We hav missed it! the Real GOODnews is dat u can now hav a more abaundant life. If u have Christ, u now have dominion over all situations of life; u r a "god" given power thru Jesus becos he LOVES U
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by chyke27(m): 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2011
My dear friends,if you do not believe in Jesus,you will be burning in hell in the next few decades,and hell never gets cooler but hotter. You burn there for a hundred,thousand million yrs and unimaginable forever
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2011
chyke27:

My dear friends,if you do not believe in Jesus,you will be burning in hell in the next few decades,and hell never gets cooler but hotter. You burn there for a hundred,thousand million yrs and unimaginable forever
propaganda a million times!
Idi-Amin:

word!
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by IdiAmin2(m): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2011
Joagbaje:

@Idi-Amin

Do you honestly believe the bible as fiction?
None of the bible stories are original. They are copy and paste from older ancient texts.

I can take you to egypt today and show you the tombs and remains of the boy pharoah Tutankhamun - 4000 yers old
the remains of thutmoses III a black pharoah is there today - 4000 years old
Go to the valley of kings today and see evidense of kings who ruled 5000 years ago in Africa. When I say evidence, I mean their tombs with the remains in there.

If you can take me to the tomb/resting place of ONE person mentioned in the bible. From Genesis to Revelation - Adam, Eve, Isaiah, Obadiah,, Samson, Ezekiel, Samuel, Noah, King Nebukadnezar, Daniel, King Solomon, David, JESUS lipsrsealed , Peter, Paul, John, Shadrack, Meshack, and a bad negro Abednego,. Just tell me the resting place/remains of 1 person then we can talk. And please dont start copying and pasting info from some dumb acheological christian apologetics that have been debunked as fake (e.g the coffin of James brother of Jesus which was debunked as a fake, or Pontius Pilate's grave which was a fake also).I know you not going to find it, so dont bother. People have spent their lives trying to find evidence of 1 person's existence without anything. So in that case, it is FICTION, unless you want to close your eyes and BELIEVE. There is nothing wrong in believing bible stories as long as you keep your belief to yourself, what gets me upset is when you christians think God has called you to push your believes down other peoples' throats
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by chyke27(m): 5:18am On Apr 28, 2011
Ok wise guys. God does not exist,Jesus a fiction right? What happens if you die and find out that the bible is true? Beg the same God you despised with your life for a second chance? It'd be late,too late then.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by harakiri(m): 7:47am On Apr 28, 2011
@poster. . . I opened a thread on nairaland and 9japals a year ago asking this question : "DOES THE CHRISTIAN GOD REALLY EXIST?". I asked readers to provide concrete proof of his/her/its existence without referring to that book of tales called the bible. . .till date, NOT ONE person has been able to answer the question. Instead they keep threatening you with fictional hell fire scenarios and all sorts of dumb arguments e.g they usually ask "who made you wake up alive today?" or "who created the air you breathe?". Religion and logic dont mix. Like some said on nl a while ago, "THE DAY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE BEGIN TO REASON IS THE DAY RELIGION WILL CEASE TO EXIST!". The biblical Jesus tale is no different from our own Orunmila,Amadioha,Sango etc. Its a made up story and you must be extremely gullible to believe that he was his father and son at the same time and on top of that, he impregnated a virgin to give birth to himself and had himself killed to save a world he created! How about feeding 5,000 people with only five loaves of bread and two fish excluding ten baskets full of leftovers afterwards? Does that make an atom of common sense? I can personally eat all that bread and fish with a bottle of pepsi. Gullible people will always claim its a miracle. When will people start making full use of their brains?
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by princejoh(m): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2011
ignorance is not an excuse u knw dat ?
dere is life after dead gues u knw dat?
so you decide were to be whil u cn and
stop comparing urself wit a mad man.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 28, 2011
harakiri:

@poster. . . I opened a thread on nairaland and 9japals a year ago asking this question : "DOES THE CHRISTIAN GOD REALLY EXIST?". I asked readers to provide concrete proof of his/her/its existence without referring to that book of tales called the bible. . .till date, NOT ONE person has been able to answer the question. Instead they keep threatening you with fictional hell fire scenarios and all sorts of dumb arguments e.g they usually ask "who made you wake up alive today?" or "who created the air you breathe?". Religion and logic dont mix. Like some said on nl a while ago, "THE DAY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE BEGIN TO REASON IS THE DAY RELIGION WILL CEASE TO EXIST!". The biblical Jesus tale is no different from our own Orunmila,Amadioha,Sango etc. Its a made up story and you must be extremely gullible to believe that he was his father and son at the same time and on top of that, he impregnated a virgin to give birth to himself and had himself killed to save a world he created! How about feeding 5,000 people with only five loaves of bread and two fish excluding ten baskets full of leftovers afterwards? Does that make an atom of common sense? I can personally eat all that bread and fish with a bottle of pepsi. Gullible people will always claim its a miracle. When will people start making full use of their brains?

Another absurdity I find hilarious is what god, hence christians consider perfection.Human perfection according to the story means two nake_d humans walking around a garden for the pleasure of god. I consider that voyeuristic on the part of the so called holy entity refered to has god. Or maybe god and his angels were also running around free balling in heaven or whereever they were before creation. I also find it funny that it was a nake_dman god created first and was content to watch him frolick around with the other animals, he must be a repressed homosexual and that's the reason for that leviticus verse.
Then the tree of knowledge itself, why would god put the tree in the garden and make it's fruit edible if the humans who lived there were not supposed to touch it? Sounds like a trickster god to me, more in tune with the yoruba diety Eshu than any benevolent entity.

When human knowledge and society were infantile, gods used to walk among us, even impregnating our virgins grin. When our knowledge grew,gods decided to stay permanently in the sky/clouds/mount olympus. When we developed telescopes, gods decided to move to other galaxies that our telescopes couldn't observe yet. We created more powerful telescopes like the hubble and the gods moved even further away. We left the planet and put satellites into orbit, then we flew to the moon and sent unmanned crafts into the universe and the gods said f_ck it and moved out of the universe entirely. That's why we don't have evidence for gods and why these religious folks refer to their gods as invincible, beyond human knowledge and any other irrational attributes they attach to them.
Maybe the gods never existed, maybe.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 28, 2011
prince joh:

ignorance is not an excuse u knw dat ?
dere is life after dead gues u knw dat?
so you decide were to be whil u cn and
stop comparing urself wit a mad man.

They need to stop showing these mental hospital patients how to operate a computer.
I see this is your first post, it should also be your last till you pull your head out of your hindquarters.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Martian

You may sound crude but theres reason in most things You say.

@Joagbaje
I can deduce from your reponse that if i don't believe in Jesus, my reward is Hell fire. right? Tell me just once.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2011
harakiri:

THE DAY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE BEGIN TO REASON IS THE DAY RELIGION WILL CEASE TO EXIST!".

Yes. I'm beginning to place more emphasis on Reason than Faith. Thats why i have many questions left unanswered.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by IdiAmin2(m): 2:32am On Apr 30, 2011
harakiri:

grin grin grin Believe me bottle of small stout extra cold is what goes with bread and sardine
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by IdiAmin2(m): 2:35am On Apr 30, 2011
Idi-Amin:

None of the bible stories are original. They are copy and paste from older ancient texts.

I can take you to egypt today and show you the tombs and remains of the boy pharoah Tutankhamun - 4000 yers old
the remains of thutmoses III a black pharoah is there today - 4000 years old
Go to the valley of kings today and see evidense of kings who ruled 5000 years ago in Africa. When I say evidence, I mean their tombs with the remains in there.

If you can take me to the tomb/resting place of ONE person mentioned in the bible. From Genesis to Revelation - Adam, Eve, Isaiah, Obadiah,, Samson, Ezekiel, Samuel, Noah, King Nebukadnezar, Daniel, King Solomon, David, JESUS lipsrsealed , Peter, Paul, John, Shadrack, Meshack, and a bad negro Abednego,. Just tell me the resting place/remains of 1 person then we can talk. And please dont start copying and pasting info from some dumb acheological christian apologetics that have been debunked as fake (e.g the coffin of James brother of Jesus which was debunked as a fake, or Pontius Pilate's grave which was a fake also).I know you not going to find it, so dont bother. People have spent their lives trying to find evidence of 1 person's existence without anything. So in that case, it is FICTION, unless you want to close your eyes and BELIEVE. There is nothing wrong in believing bible stories as long as you keep your belief to yourself, what gets me upset is when you christians think God has called you to push your believes down other peoples' throats
Mr Joagbaje, I am still waiting for your response to my question ooo. Maybe I should give you more time to research, take all the time you want.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by IdiAmin2(m): 2:43am On Apr 30, 2011
harakiri:

How about Numbers 22:28, a donkey spoke in human language to prophet Balaam shocked shocked shocked. If you ask a christian if an animal can talk, they will immediately say no, but they believe somehow God's power allowed Balaam's donkey to talk to him. I can understand 3 year ols believing this stories, but as for adults, no excuse
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by divinereal: 3:18am On Apr 30, 2011
So happy that some of us are thinking through these religious fairytales, ditch the middle eastern religious ideology and life goes on, we may not know exactly what life is all about but your 2000 year old story sure doesnt explain it,
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by jpworld(m): 12:01am On May 02, 2011
chyke27:

Ok wise guys. God does not exist,Jesus a fiction right? What happens if you die and find out that the bible is true? Beg the same God you despised with your life for a second chance? It'd be late,too late then.

So because you are a Christians, you made 4 heaven or what?

Christianity is Man made.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Nobody: 5:12am On May 02, 2011
Idi-Amin:

How about Numbers 22:28, a donkey spoke in human language to prophet Balaam shocked shocked shocked. If you ask a christian if an animal can talk, they will immediately say no, but they believe somehow God's power allowed Balaam's donkey to talk to him. I can understand 3 year ols believing this stories, but as for adults, no excuse
Your post made me look up the talking donkey story again and its even more ridiculous than I thought. Read the whole chapter and pay attention to verses 18- 35 lmao.

verse 20, god tells balaam to do something, "20 And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, [and] go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do."

verse 21, balaam obeys. "21 And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his donkey, and went with the princes of Moab"

Now it gets really good!

verse 22, god being god. "22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his donkey, and his two servants [were] with him."

god then sends an angel with a sword (maybe a laser gun) to basically f_ck with the guy's donkey.

23 And the donkey saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the backside turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the backside, to turn her into the way.
24 But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall [being] on this side, and a wall on that side.
25 And when the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.
26 And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where [was] no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.
27 And when the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the backside with a staff.

Then Verse 28, things get really really good!
28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Now I'm no coward, but if a donkey or any animal "talks" to me, the next verse definitely won't be my first reaction. A normal person's reaction would be "WTF? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA   THIS F____CCCCkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkinnnnnnnnnG DONKEY TALKED." or something of that nature, but balaam was a bad mutha.

29 And Balaam said unto the donkey, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
THE GUY DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH!!!!
He finished his conversation with the donkey, then he spoke to the angel who said he would have killed him if not for the donkey!  grin

Then the punchline of this joke(story) is verse 35.

35 And the angel of the LORD said unto Balaam, Go with the men: but only the word that I shall speak unto thee, that thou shalt speak. So Balaam went with the princes of Balak.

Yes, the same instruction god gave him in verse 20; the instruction that he was carrying out that made god mad, is the same instruction that he was given again!
So what's the point of the freaking talking donkey, it seems god used to be bored and just messed with the people in the bible.
Re: What Will Happen, If I Dont Believe In Jesus? by Adsexpert: 4:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Joagbaje:

Jesus didn't say so.

I have a feeling you meant to say "an insane man" if that's what you mean. An insane man will not be destroyed if he never had opportunity to hear the gospel. But if he had heard the gospel and he rejected it before his insanity , he will be judged by what he heard. Im sure you are not insane, you can respond to the gospel now.

He will be judged on last day , but his earthly days not disturbed because he doesn't enslave himself for him dead self or preach his glory?

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Frosbel And His Lies / Have You Seen A Witch Before? / God Saved Me Life This Morning In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.