Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,477 members, 7,861,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

60+ Churches Burned In Nigerian Muslim Stronghold - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 60+ Churches Burned In Nigerian Muslim Stronghold (551 Views)

Boko Haram Burned Children Alive In Bornu; Over 100 People Killed / Nigerian Soldiers Retreat From Boko Haram Stronghold, Sambisa Forest / Troops Finally Rout Terrorists From Bama And Last Stronghold In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

60+ Churches Burned In Nigerian Muslim Stronghold by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 26, 2011
More than 60 churches were burned and thousands of Christian-owned homes destroyed in Nigeria's predominantly Muslim north after the recent election of incumbent Christian president Goodluck Jonathan, according to the Christian persecution watchdog group Open Doors.

Riots broke out Monday after the preliminary results of Saturday's vote were announced. Jonathan, who was sworn in as president in May 2010, was announced president over his Muslim opponent Muhammadu Buhari.

"Last year there were more martyrs in Nigeria - approximately 2,000 Christians killed in the northern part - than in any other country in the world," said Open Doors USA President/CEO Carl Moeller. "Nigeria is such a key country in the spread of Christianity all over Africa."

"Please join me in prayer for the Christians there, especially for those in the north," he added.

Muslims complained that the vote tallies were rigged, but independent observers described the election as the fairest in decades.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/nigeria/2011/04/25/60-churches-burned-nigerian-muslim-stronghold#ixzz1KbUjmGsY
Re: 60+ Churches Burned In Nigerian Muslim Stronghold by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 26, 2011
And they said religion had nothing to do with this.
Re: 60+ Churches Burned In Nigerian Muslim Stronghold by EzeUche3(m): 6:23am On Apr 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And they said religion had nothing to do with this.

They also say the riots were only aimed at the Northern PDP elite. Liars. . .
Re: 60+ Churches Burned In Nigerian Muslim Stronghold by Chyz2: 6:29am On Apr 26, 2011
The events is highly orchestrated. Those churches will no longer be resurrected in those areas again. The northern governors are known to prevent a churches reconstruction after it was destroyed. I think mosques in the East should be destroyed and replaced with churches so that indigenes can come back without having to face over crowded church services.
Re: 60+ Churches Burned In Nigerian Muslim Stronghold by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 26, 2011
Crowded church ke?

Who in their right mind would go back? Unless that person has no choice, but why choose death over life?

EzeUche__:

They also say the riots were only aimed at the Northern PDP elite. Liars. . .
Ok, I dont like discussing my off nl life online, but I had the same conversation with a few Calabars that just came from Nigeria last week. They were telling me what was going on. NYSC Corps/ Southerners are their target. The PDP elite story was just a cover up from their main goal.
Re: 60+ Churches Burned In Nigerian Muslim Stronghold by Acidosis(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2011
They want to turn Nigeria to a muslim country. Thats the reason why we have over 30 muslim generals in the army against 3 christian generals, the same reason why they wanted Buhari as Nigerian president.
The problem with christians is, we dont take these things into consideration, we think our duty is just attending church services, paying tithes and offerings and sowing sacrificial seeds to some pot-belly men of themselves who recieved no call b4 venturing into the ministry.
These blood sucking demons have shed enough blood, and all we do is to sit down and cry for these lost souls.
Enough is enough! Is time for us to fight back. They decieve people in d claim that we serve the same God. My own God isn't allah, Neither is my Jesus muhammed. My own God does not qualify people in2 his kingdom base on the number of unbelivers you kill contrary to what allah taught these touts (if you doubt me, go and read the quoran).

(1) (Reply)

Swimming In The Mega City / Nigeria: Food Imports Cost Country N630 Billion Annually / Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.