Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station (1626 Views)

Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) / Victims Of Unknown Gunmen Attacks Buried In Anambra (PHOTOS) / Biafra: Wike, You Are Finished – Nnamdi Kanu Attacks Rivers Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Biafra4life: 9:11am On May 08, 2021
BREAKING: Seven cops feared killed as gunmen attack Rivers police stations
Dennis Naku
8 May 2021
Gunmen on Friday night attacked security checkpoints and police stations in Rivers State, with no fewer than seven security operatives feared killed.

The hoodlums attacked a police station along the Rumuji axis of the East-West Road in the state.

Also, the Rumuji police station in Emuoha Local Government Area was also torched, two policemen feared killed, while some vehicles were burnt.

They also attacked a police checkpoint at Ogbakiri junction in the Emuoha LGA with two policemen feared killed and a vehicle burnt.

A checkpoint of the security outfit called C-4-i along the East-West Road was also attacked, even as three operatives were feared killed there.

Spokesman for the State Police Command, Nnamdi Omoni, confirmed the attack but said he would make details available after visiting the areas attacked.

Meanwhile, the State Commissioner of Police, Eboka Friday, was leading a team to the place when our correspondent spoke with him on Saturday morning.

“Yes, that is what we heard. I am on my way to the place. I want to confirm it myself,” CP Friday told The PUNCH.

Details later…
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Arewa1stSon: 9:12am On May 08, 2021
Da magana...
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Gaga156: 9:12am On May 08, 2021
Corps Corps Corps everywhere when will good story be everywhere too?
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by RereDesign: 9:12am On May 08, 2021
Chai!
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Baawaa(m): 9:13am On May 08, 2021
What a Saturday, do planned for today or what
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by HellAnus: 9:14am On May 08, 2021
Again
Saint UGM fighting the masses battles

7 Likes

Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by youngeagle(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2021
Whoever gave our security operatives the idea to use force on the citizens at this level is making a huge mistake... Negotiations can resolve this, competition in killing will surely affect everyone

1 Like

Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 9:17am On May 08, 2021
Nasty cycle of tit for tat. Won't do us any good in the long run. God quard your people
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by RuddyFusion(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2021
Rather than them to negotiate they want to use force on this Mata

You kill some, they kill some who is losing?

It's southeast and South South..

It's Igbo Mata

It's Biafra Mata so we must crush them....no negotiation

Oya keep crushing them good luck

1 Like

Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Fejoku: 9:20am On May 08, 2021
youngeagle:
Whoever gave our security operatives the idea to use force on the citizens at this level is making a huge mistake... Negotiations can resolve this, competition in killing will surely affect everyone
They will learn the hard way.
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by AsomughaChuks05: 9:23am On May 08, 2021
In the report it was stated that these attacks happened on Friday night. It proves that Wike's curfew has no effect and that he is just a noisemaker.
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by urbobo20(m): 9:23am On May 08, 2021
its geting too much pls allow our police men to rest . though the nigeria police kill my only brother
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Earlystar698(m): 9:27am On May 08, 2021
What about the juju police wike deployed
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by topboss: 9:29am On May 08, 2021
REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED HOT.

WEN I TALK WAITIN GO HAPPEN, THE USELESS MOD HIDE MY POST BAN ME.

LET HIM COME AND HIDE THESE CORPSE AND NEWS OF DEAD POLICE MEN.

E END FOR BANNING ONLINE?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by SlayerForever: 9:29am On May 08, 2021
Cheers.
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Veqtor: 9:32am On May 08, 2021
Crush IPOB in the East but pamper terrorists in the north.

How does this make sense to anyone?

In the name of crushing ipob, you kill innocent people who have nothing to do with it... pples' brothers, fathers, friends and you think you will go scot-free...you lie!
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by goodnessme1(f): 9:33am On May 08, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:
In the report it was stated that these attacks happened on Friday night. It proves that Wike's curfew has no effect and that he is just a noisemaker.
who will enforce the curfew?

Is it police that closes by 5Pm because of security reason?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by cybersoldiers: 9:33am On May 08, 2021
Nigeria government is on a very long thing.

At the rate the unknown gunmen are moving with high rate of success is all their operations, in the next 4years, they'll be worse than anything ever seen in any part of Africa.

Those demons cheering Buhari to kill more Igbo's can continue, but remember a payback time is fast approaching.
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Madmohamed1: 9:36am On May 08, 2021
Biafra4life:

Dennis Naku
8 May 2021
Gunmen on Friday night attacked security checkpoints and police stations in Rivers State, with no fewer than seven security operatives feared killed.

The hoodlums attacked a police station along the Rumuji axis of the East-West Road in the state.

Also, the Rumuji police station in Emuoha Local Government Area was also torched, two policemen feared killed, while some vehicles were burnt.

They also attacked a police checkpoint at Ogbakiri junction in the Emuoha LGA with two policemen feared killed and a vehicle burnt.

A checkpoint of the security outfit called C-4-i along the East-West Road was also attacked, even as three operatives were feared killed there.

Spokesman for the State Police Command, Nnamdi Omoni, confirmed the attack but said he would make details available after visiting the areas attacked.

Meanwhile, the State Commissioner of Police, Eboka Friday, was leading a team to the place when our correspondent spoke with him on Saturday morning.

“Yes, that is what we heard. I am on my way to the place. I want to confirm it myself,” CP Friday told The PUNCH.

Details later…
you see the way Fulani change umuji to Rumuji and the people continue to answer that name what is the mining of R
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Amumaigwe: 9:38am On May 08, 2021
Biafra4life:

Dennis Naku
8 May 2021

Details later…

UGM are just turning our useless cops into corpses.
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by AsomughaChuks05: 9:39am On May 08, 2021
goodnessme1:
who will enforce the curfew?

Is it police that closes by 5Pm because of security reason?

If he knows the police closes by 5pm, why impose an all night curfew? Is it not another evidence of his daft leadership skills? Is it that he no longer knows what happens in his state since it is reported that he now takes refuge inside the army barracks?
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by goodnessme1(f): 9:43am On May 08, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:

If he knows the police closes by 5pm, why impose an all night curfew? Is it not another evidence of his daft leadership skills? Is it that he no longer knows what happens in his state since it is reported that he now takes refuge inside the army barracks?
All na media show off.
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Burtonj: 9:44am On May 08, 2021
I thought Wike imposed a curfew in River State, how come St. UGM are still being able to carry out their evangelical work?

The military and police have killed enough of our youth.

Now, it's the time for them to bear the brute force of the UGM.
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by IgweOfNnewi: 9:46am On May 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by IgweOfNnewi: 9:49am On May 08, 2021
youngeagle:
Buhari is buying time and reasons to give igbos the 1967-1970 pro max treatment.
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:50am On May 08, 2021
Wike go run go Abuja las las go meet uzodimma
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by ichidodo: 9:53am On May 08, 2021
I don't see how the Nigerian Military planners especially those in the SE and SS can keep up with the level of attrition in the guerrilla war with UGM worse to come if they upgrade their hit and run tactics to coordinate and plan sniper style strikes on top level personelle integral to the security infrastructure in the region just like the movie "Enemy at the Gates"
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by goodnessme1(f): 9:54am On May 08, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Buhari is buying time and reasons to give igbos the 1967-1970 pro max treatment.
You and your buhari should bring it on.

Hope you will join the fight?
Re: Breaking... Seven Cops Feared Killed As Gunmen Attacks Rivers Police Station by Mynd44: 9:56am On May 08, 2021

(1)

Sunday Igboho Will Soon Be Arrested For Constituting Nuisance / 'Any Attack On Ndigbo Is An Attack On Nigerians’ – Sunday Igboho Warns Buhari / Obi Cubana, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Others Risk Six Months Jail Term (details Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.