Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle (6378 Views)

Why Do Lions Sometime Eat Their Babies? / The Sex Life Of Female Lions Which You Probably Didn’t Know About / Signify ☝if You Ate This Biscuits, Only Legends Can Relate (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by realsureboy2020: 12:35pm On May 08, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOgTX6_W6TI

This explained it all and I believe them. Now I know why because I have thinking about this for years, while wild animals don't attack this open safari vehicles with tourist taken pictures.
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Solosolojohquay: 4:10pm On May 08, 2021
The animals are well fed ahead of the visit they used to attack when they are hungry there are videos of their attack too

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by YorubaLord: 5:13pm On May 08, 2021
Al they see is a bigger object moving and naturally they're scared of something way bigger. Te problem is when someone jumps down from the vehicle...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by queenjoseph(f): 6:42pm On May 08, 2021
From a distance,lions can feel the power of all other animals.

Seeing a moving vehicle, they feel that they would not be able to stand it in a fight since they think a safari vehicle is a bigger,strange and unusual animal moving.

They dare not go near this unusual and strange animal.

I have watched a documentary wherein a big elephant just walked towards many hungry lions, which were all lying on the pathway looking forward to catching any animal, but the lions all gave way for him, without attempting to fight or eat him.

Animals know their social standing in the wild.

An hyena will give way to a leopard.

A leopard will give way to a lion.

A lion will give way to an elephant and a moving safari vehicle.

A moving safari vehicle will give way to a woman.

A woman will give way to a man.

54 Likes

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by SmallmebigGod: 6:49pm On May 08, 2021
YorubaLord:
Al they see is a bigger object moving and naturally they're scared of something way bigger. Te problem is when someone jumps down from the vehicle...
Jump down ke. Who will dare
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by McStoic(m): 7:17pm On May 08, 2021
realsureboy2020:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOgTX6_W6TI

This explained it all and I believe them. Now I know why because I have thinking about this for years, while wild animals don't attack this open safari vehicles with tourist taken pictures.
No wonder
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by dodoisk(m): 8:21pm On May 08, 2021
The are not feeling well
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 08, 2021
Quite a plausible explanation for the phenomenon.
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by soundOsonic: 8:40pm On May 08, 2021
Misconception about Lions.

Lions would not attack any animal if it is fed.
Lion only hunt to eat, not to kill.
If the wild lion is filled why should it attack you.

The only reason it will attack is if you threaten his cubs or if you threaten it.

Reason why you will see a lion drinking water with a zebra.

Most wild cats kill only to eat.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by QueenEndowa(f): 9:04pm On May 08, 2021
queenjoseph:

Seeing a moving vehicle, they feel that they would not be able to stand it in a fight since they think a safari vehicle is a bigger,strange and unusual animal moving.

I have watched a documentary wherein a big elephant just walked towards many hungry lions, which were all lying on the pathway looking forward to catching any animal, but the lions all gave way for him, without attempting to fight or eat him.

Lol...and you just had to add the woman to it
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Vulcanheph(m): 9:47pm On May 08, 2021
soundOsonic:
Misconception about Lions.

Lions would not attack any animal if it is fed.
Lion only hunt to eat, not to kill.
If the wild lion is filled why should it attack you.

The only reason it will attack is if you threaten his cubs or if you threaten it.

Reason why you will see a lion drinking water with a zebra.

Most wild cats kill only to eat.
Yeah most of them, except tigers.... Tigers kill most time just for the fun.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by wiseone28: 10:11pm On May 08, 2021
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Lamasta(m): 10:18pm On May 08, 2021
QueenEndowa:

He is correct my dear

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Dreyton36: 10:32pm On May 08, 2021
Na una own be that
Anything wey don resemble wild animal i no they risk am
Me wey I they fear snake you con they talk of lion
Wetin I dey find for sahari vehicle undecided
Lion wey I they watch for movies don do me o

Lights up my kpoli in peace

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Kingcalls: 10:39pm On May 08, 2021
queenjoseph:

So how do u explain these pics

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by jagorinho: 10:42pm On May 08, 2021
Vulcanheph:

lol, tigers are killers from day one, surviving an encounter with them is a miracle, I wouldn't be so comfortable in a safari vehicle in the midst of tigers. I once watched a video how a tiger killed over 10 villagers in an Indian village and injured scores, it was very gory.
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by queenjoseph(f): 11:38pm On May 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

From documentaries on the wild,I learn that lions may attempt to eat a baby elephant or a youngster elephant.

That is why whenever elephants are moving in herd, they put their young ones in middle whenever they are near a pride of lions.

They do so to avoid the young ones straying off and being eaten.
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Originalsly: 12:05am On May 09, 2021
Hmmm.... makes sense ... but at the end of the day .. they remain wild animals ... they can attack for reasons unknown to us. Guess where th ed animals are not used to open vehicles ... tourists ride in enclosed vehicles and are warned not to open the windows. One lady from US decided to open the window to get an up close and personal shot of a lion. She was hauled out of the car and killed. I guess in that area they see the car and not the passengers... but with window down... they smell and see "trapped prey". I'll watch... but never will be sitting in no open vehicle to be one with wild animals.

Hmmmm.... nature lovers... I need to open a thread about wild animals... not sure which section.
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by queenjoseph(f): 12:06am On May 09, 2021
QueenEndowa:

I was just trying to compare the strengths of different animals.

As for human beings, the strength of a male vis-a-vis the strength of the female, is about 60% to 40% respectively.

Although there could be instances of a woman being stronger than a man,

but in the final analysis, more males are stronger than females.

I have seen a male Corper who was afraid to fetch water from a well up north.

As he was wondering what to do,a Hausa girl of about 15 years went to him, collected his bucket and fetched it for him.

So we have brave girls also.

That is what I was trying to explain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by careytommy37(m): 2:07am On May 09, 2021
queenjoseph:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Nobody: 2:50am On May 09, 2021
A

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by sharpwriter(m): 6:16am On May 09, 2021
queenjoseph:

It is leopards that give way to hyenas o not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by rowland545(m): 8:19am On May 09, 2021
sharpwriter:

exactly...One on one a leopard and hyena is a fair match...but we know hyenas don't work that way.

Ive seen hyenas taking food from leopard and the Leopard had to run away like a small little b!tch

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by kramer: 8:43am On May 09, 2021
rowland545:
exactly...One on one a leopard and hyena is a fair match...but we know hyenas don't work that way.

Ive seen hyenas taking food from leopard and the Leopard had to run away like a small little b!tch

Tis because hyenas are always in packs. You'll hardly see them roaming individually
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by sharpwriter(m): 8:51am On May 09, 2021
rowland545:

Hyenas have funny faces as if they are harmless, but they are very terrible and deadly. cheesy
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Patrioticbreed9(m): 9:15am On May 09, 2021
Vulcanheph:

true talk. the tiger is a badass hunter.. it hate seeing things in their normal form.
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Patrioticbreed9(m): 9:18am On May 09, 2021
Kingcalls:

lions! not lion!.. beside in a scale of 10 the lion(pride) is likely to come out victorious twice(2).
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Patrioticbreed9(m): 9:21am On May 09, 2021
sharpwriter:

yeah i was thinking the same. and that the reason why the put their kill ontop a tree to avoid being ambushed by hyena's.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by Patrioticbreed9(m): 9:24am On May 09, 2021
kramer:

Tis because hyenas are always in packs. You'll hardly see them roaming individually

a lone hyena cant face a zebra! they are that useless and their body structure make it hard for them to fight anyother animal apart from their fellow hyena's,especialy when both animals are of the the same height
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by rowland545(m): 10:25am On May 09, 2021
sharpwriter:

Hyenas have funny faces as if they are harmless, but they are very terrible and deadly. cheesy

very terrible....I've actually seen were they tracked a pride of lionesses and killed almost all. Not even there curbs were saved and also vice versa. I think after d lions der are next in line

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by illmatic101(m): 10:56am On May 09, 2021
queenjoseph:

A woman will make a way for a man
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Ate In A Safari Open Vehicle by sharpwriter(m): 11:55am On May 09, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

yeah i was thinking the same. and that the reason why the put their kill ontop a tree to avoid being ambushed by hyena's.

Sure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag Foundation Programme 2015/2016/ JUPEB Cutoff,ask Any Question, / Drop An English That Will Move Mountains And Dry Up River Niger. Mine Is? / JAMB: Striking Non-academic Staff Threatens To Disrupt 2018 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.