Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,006 members, 7,863,635 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. (704 Views)

Ghana vs Nigeria again / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / 22 Reasons Why Buhari Can Never Rule Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. by netiq(m): 9:37am On Apr 26, 2011
I thank God that I did not vote for General Mohammadu 
Buhari because I have always seen him as an extremist.
And I owe no man apology for that.

When the first set of post elections violence started in the
North with killings of NYSC corpers, it took him over 30
hours to make any statement or disassociate himself
from these inhuman acts. And silence in political circle
means consent.

But by then the situation had worsened and the irreparable
damage had been done. I strongly believe the situation
wouldn't have degenerated to this point if he had not
consciously or unconsciously created the impression to his
followers that any result short of announcing him as the
winner of the 2011 presidential election should not be
accepted.

Himself and El Rufai were as slow as the speed of light
to reject INEC’s results at its websites while they were as
fast as the snail to condemn the killings in the North.

He addressed Aljazera TV, but he did not address the
violence in his interview.

Oh! What an irony.

Please, don’t get me wrong, this is not about being a
Moslem or Christian. I am one person who highly
believes that a Moslem can be righteous and a Christian
can be very, very unrighteous (though contextual).
This is not about religion. Rather, it is about the individual,
ideology and mindset.

As far as I am concerned, he (Buhari) had lost the opportunity to
rule Nigeria for because he has made some of us to realize
that his primary constituency of interest is the Northern
Agenda and not the peace, unity, stability and growth of this
great nation.

Lastly, the fact that President Olusegun Obasanjo was
divinely privileged to rule this country twice as a
Former Head of State and Civilian President should
not give our retired military generals and officers the vaulting
aspirations that they too are divinely qualified to rule as civilian
Presidents and civilian governors.

It is true that no amount of complains, condemnation,
compensation and/or vengeance will bring the lives of the dead
corpers back. But the lesson to be learnt is that when
we find ourselves as leaders or celebrities with cult
followership, we should be careful about our utterances
and actions…,

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. by obowunmi(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2011
GEJ is as weak as my left hand. What a stupid leader
Re: Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. by gernded(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2011
buhari will die angry man
Re: Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. by Gayigaskia(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2011
Never say never. Just pray that GEJ deliver,because he he fails to do so the next violence will start from his backyard and meet the one already started in the North.
Re: Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. by Thatdave(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2011
GEJ will eventually catch buhakill. but he is taking his time not to make mistakes that will cause war. the type that former president aguyironsi made. he is taking his time. the way he took his time to win the election overwhelmingly. he is taking his time. underground. zeroing in on those imams first. then emirs. taking his time . but buhari wil die ashamed. we are watching. the marriage of the snake and the monkey. . .
Re: Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. by EzeUche3(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2011
Amen!
Re: Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2011
I suppose it just wasn't meant to be
Re: Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2011
[size=18pt]El-Rufai insists Buhari is unelectable[/size]

By Segun Balogun

print  email   

Mohammadu Buhari’s record as a military head of state will perpetually render him unelectable because Nigerians will never desire a repeat of such administration, said Nasir El-Rufai, former FCT Minister.

Reacting to statements made by the Mohammadu Buhari’s party, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), regarding the advice he gave the retired army general to retire from politics, Mr. El-Rufai, in a statement on Monday, said age is certainly a factor in the coming presidential election since Ibrahim Babangida has already defamed young Nigerians as unfit for national leadership.

“While it is true that neither youth nor age supplies wisdom on their own, it makes sense to ask those who have been recurring decimals in our country’s sorry history to leave the stage. I’m amazed that General Buhari cannot debate this matter without scurrying to the gutter, making claims that are baseless and unsupported by any facts,” said Mr. El-Rufai, describing Mr. Buhari’s leadership style as parochial and insensitive to Nigeria’s diverse background.

He asked whether “the failure [of Mr. Buhari and Mr. Babangida] to do their best for Nigeria when they had the chance qualifies them for a return to office. Our people surely deserve better.”

He was obviously irked by the claims made by CPC regarding his administration as a federal minister, describing them as fictitious and prejudicial.

“Despite the difficult decisions that had to be taken to restore Abuja, Mallam El-Rufai continues to receive deserved praise and recognition for his achievements in restoring the Abuja master plan, introducing Nigeria’s first computerised land registry, and helping thousands of Nigerians achieve their dreams of home ownership in the federal capital,” the statement said.

A reminder

“In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father, to enter Nigeria unchecked, at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new. Against all canons of legal decency, he used retroactive laws to execute three young men for drug-peddling after they were convicted by a military tribunal, and not regular courts of law.

“Buhari was so high handed that he gave himself and his officials immunity, even from truthful reporting. That obnoxious Decree 4, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists and attempt to cow the media as a whole. That tyrannical legislation shows the essence of his intolerance.

These are facts of recent history,” the statement said.

A new mindset

Mr. El-Rufai said it will take more than slander to become electable in 2011 because Nigerians will rather cherish an intellectual discourse about their daily problems.

While saying he still respects both Buhari and Babangida as elder statesmen, he emphasised his belief that their age, experience, and guidance are best used to contribute to the success of any future government.

Mr. Buhari, according to him, is not the kind of leader that can move the country forward because “now is the time for a new generation of leaders with new thinking and wholesome democratic attitude.

“The vicious response by the Buhari camp to a simple statement that their almost-70 principal should retire, is proof enough that a Buhari, the new Democrat, tolerant of views different from his own, is yet to evolve. And that is sad, for his fledgling party and its leadership,” the statement said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5626686-146/el-rufai_insists_buhari_is_unelectable_.csp

One day El-Rufai will explain to Nigerians what changed. At what point did Buhari become now electable that it was now necessary to rig him out. Softly and slowly El-Rufai is killing his political career.

(1) (Reply)

Nddc Awards N6.7b Power, Water Projects In Ondo / A Murdered Pregnant Corps Member’s Last Words / Judge Grants Bail To Former Speaker Bankole.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.