Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? (683 Views)

Peter Obi Storms Anambra Markets, Preaches “Rescue Nigeria” To Traders (Photos) / South-east Youths Must Renew Revolutionary Instincts To Rescue Nigeria- Olawepo / President Buhari Receives The Super Eagles Team (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by Rosskiiku: 12:38am On May 09, 2021
The next couple of years will be crucial in the drive to maintain the unity of the Nigerian federation.

A surprising unifier in those next couple of years could be the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

This team, which last threatened the world in the 1990s, is by all accounts far and wide, back to its skilful and fearsome best.

Its players are banging in goals on a daily basis, with reckless abandon, in the European top flight.

Its players are among some of the world's most feared and highly rated, deadly strikers and midfielders, from Victor Osimhen to Kelechi Iheanacho, to Samuel Chukwueze, Wilfred Ndidi, Sadiq Umar, Paul Onuachu, Henry Onyekuru, and others.

Their next test will be the Nations Cup, next year, followed by the World Cup the year after..

Could this SUPER EAGLES side be the ONE THING that brings Nigeria together in its most trying moment?

Happy Days Are Here Again for Super Eagles

by Samm Audu

SCORE NIGERIA

April 27, 2021 2:56 pm

Football is about goals, and in recent times Nigerian stars have been rattling them in across Europe to ramp up the excitement levels that the Super Eagles are headed for the glory days again.

Gernot Rohr may have refused to declare the Eagles will be African champions again in Cameroon in January, but he is equally upbeat that his brand of “very, very offensive” football has boosted confidence of great things to come.

Super Eagles hitman - Kelechi Iheanacho

It is very much like we are back in the 90s, when Rashidi Yekini, Daniel Amokachi, Victor Ikpeba, Emmanuel Amunike, Nwankwo Kanu, Finidi George, and Tijani Babangida were terrorising defences for both club and country.

And what was the result?

A second AFCON title in Tunisia in 1994, an impressive World Cup debut in the USA months later and then a historic Olympic football Gold in 1996.

Last night, Kelechi Iheanacho extended his red-hot form with a world-class match winner and an assist for Leicester City to stay on track for UEFA Champions League football next season.

Victor Osimhen was again helping himself to another Serie A goal for Napoli, while at the weekend Terem Moffi netted a hat-trick in the French Ligue 1 and ‘Simy’ Nwankwo smashed his 19th goal in Serie A.

Paul Onuachu crowned a season in which he scored 29 goals in the league by winning the Belgium Cup and Sadiq Umar’s goals will be crucial for UD Almeria to return to La Liga.
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/happy-days-are-here-again-for-super-eagles/
Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:46am On May 09, 2021
Answer No

1 Like

Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by ShadowCracker(m): 1:48am On May 09, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Answer No
seconded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by alfasexy: 2:02am On May 09, 2021
This unity beggar is heaping his hopes on Biafrans.

4 Likes

Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by Fejoku: 2:15am On May 09, 2021
No survival for Nigeria. Let her disintegrate so the new nations can be at peace then start real nation building. Nigeria is not the first country to be divided.

5 Likes

Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by Legalcriminal: 2:18am On May 09, 2021
It is better you are asking a question OP. They are only good doing well outside the country

1 Like

Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by Rosskiiku: 2:27am On May 09, 2021
Legalcriminal:
It is better you are asking a question OP. They are only good doing well outside the country

That is because Nigeria is a developing nation. Do you even know what that means?

All the world's best players play in Europe, so you can't single out Nigeria.

Why are Neymar and Messi not playing in Brazil and Argentina respectively?
Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by Rosskiiku: 2:33am On May 09, 2021
alfasexy:
This unity beggar is heaping his hopes on Biafrans.

I often wonder what your ignoble type come on Nairaland to do, with that kind of mindset.

If I were you I'd stay away from Nairaland completely.

Why associate myself with failures and zoo creatures?

You must be sado-masochists, enjoying the 'pain' of your association with Nigerians.

The pain of a hard dick you can't get enough of.
Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by alfasexy: 9:50am On May 09, 2021
Rosskiiku:

I often wonder what your ignoble type come on Nairaland to do, with that kind of mindset.

If I were you I'd stay away from Nairaland completely.

Why associate myself with failures and zoo creatures?

You must be sado-masochists, enjoying the 'pain' of your association with Nigerians.

The pain of a hard dick you can't get enough of.

If I were you, I would off myself.
Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by owobokiri(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2021
This is one Unity Beggar on steroids...
He fears for the future..
Totally addicted to Eastern Nigeria oil, he's so scared of living off the receipts from his cocoa and groundnut sells..
How can he subsidize his owambe penchants with such meagerly earnings?
How can he enjoy his hedonistic lifestyles without the opportunity to loot easy oil and gas resources?
He is scared stiff..
Independence for him has become a curse...
So He begs for Unity!
He threatens for Unity!!
He actually cries for Unity!!!
The miserable life of the Unity Beggars of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? by FreeIgbos: 10:04am On May 09, 2021
Why would anyone or group want to rescue a chaotic and sham country like Nigeria? All these killings everywhere, destruction, poverty, underdevelopment etc never tire you?

Na sufferhead you be? Or are you part of the Fulani jihardists using taquiya to ruin 200 million lives and their destiny?

I would rather like to see a Biafra national team play against Oduduwa or Arewa.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Blasts Lawan Over Statement On Southern Governors Meeting / Lagosians, How Are You Coping With The Okada Ban?? / Lekki Shooting Prt2: Kaduna Protesters Flee As Security Operatives Fire At Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.