Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Why Do We Need A New Constitution? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Need A New Constitution? (1028 Views)

Okorocha's Bill for Free Compulsory Basic Education Makes New Constitution / We Can't Have A New Constitution Or Return To That Of 1963 — Reps Insists / We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 6:55am On May 09, 2021
*Why do we need a New Constitution?*

We had the pre Independent constitution.

We had the 1963 constitution

We had the 1979 constitution, which was adopted as 1999 constitution with little adjustment.

And all of these constitutions were product of wide consultation and endorsed by all parts of the country.

So, tell me, why do we need another constitution?

What can another constitution do for us that all the previous constitution cannot do?
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by FreedomArmy: 7:53am On May 09, 2021
bilms:

We had the 1979 constitution, which was adopted as 1999 constitution with little adjustment.

And all of these constitutions were product of wide consultation and endorsed by all parts of the country.

What can another constitution do for us that all the previous constitution cannot do?
who told you 1999 is a product of wide consultation? Please don't stay in your room and make unsubstantiated statements likes. The 1999 constitution is a rape on the sensibility of Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by helinues: 7:55am On May 09, 2021
Are those constitution working?

Be honest with yourself
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 8:02am On May 09, 2021
FreedomArmy:
who told you 1999 is a product of wide consultation? Please don't stay in your room and make unsubstantiated statements likes. The 1999 constitution is a rape on the sensibility of Nigerians

Who told you it is not?

Pick 1979 constitution and 1999 constitution and point out any major difference
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 8:04am On May 09, 2021
helinues:
Are those constitution working?

Be honest with yourself

Yes, they are working.

A constitution is just a document. Whether it would work or not, is the doing of we the people.

If any part of the constitution need imprọvement, you can amend it. So, what's the noise about?
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by helinues: 8:06am On May 09, 2021
bilms:

Yes, they are working.

A constitution is just a document. Whether it would work or not, is the doing of we the people.

If any part of the constitution need imprọvement, you can amend it. So, what's the noise about?

So the quota system is also working right? Why should it be in the constitution in the first place.

Are priorities placed in the so called constitution?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 8:23am On May 09, 2021
helinues:

So the quota system is also working right? Why should it be in the constitution in the first place.

Are priorities placed in the so called constitution?

Yes, it was serving the intended purpose.

Just like the Federal character, that says ministers and other offices should be from every state.

If we don't think it is worth it, we can amend it. No big deal
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by FreedomArmy: 8:23am On May 09, 2021
bilms:

Who told you it is not?

Pick 1979 constitution and 1999 constitution and point out any major difference
I999 constitution is a military assault on the Nigeria populace. Don't support evil

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 8:30am On May 09, 2021
FreedomArmy:
I999 constitution is a military assault on the Nigeria populace. Don't support evil

Tell us the difference between 1979 and 1999 constitution.

Even the democracy we are enjoying today was handed over by the military.
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by FreedomArmy: 8:35am On May 09, 2021
bilms:

Tell us the difference between 1979 and 1999 constitution.

Even the democracy we are enjoying today was handed over by the military.
why? Am I your government teacher?
The people are tired of 1999 constitution and wants it torn and thrown to the dustbin. Who are you to say otherwise when all Nigerians are tired of an oppressive constitution?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 8:43am On May 09, 2021
I am part of the people and i am not tired. Even you that is speaking, you cannot point out any major difference between 1979 constitution and 1999.

Many have been brainwashed by noise makers to oppose something for no sane reason.
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 8:45am On May 09, 2021
Who are the people Apart from me and you? And when did we agree that we are tired? What's in it to be tired about?
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by gidgiddy: 10:15am On May 09, 2021
bilms:

Because a constitution must be written and endorsed by the people and the people neither wrote nor endorsed the 1999 constitution

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by stevnwigw1: 10:24am On May 09, 2021
How can you explain the situation where the Fulani controls all the oil wells in Niger delta, heads all the oil and gas companies in south south and south east.
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by stevnwigw1: 10:25am On May 09, 2021
You current constitution supported it, if you think I'm lying, go do your research in case you don't know.
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by stevnwigw1: 10:26am On May 09, 2021
This country needs to be renegotiated if it will still remain as one.
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 10:45am On May 09, 2021
stevnwigw1:
How can you explain the situation where the Fulani controls all the oil wells in Niger delta, heads all the oil and gas companies in south south and south east.

What concerns constitution with oil well?

Did you apply for oil well?
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by stevnwigw1: 11:10am On May 09, 2021
bilms:

What concerns constitution with oil well?

Did you apply for oil well?
You convinced the Niger delta that the Igbos are after their oil, thereby handing same to your Fulani brothers, do a random check on the owners of the oil wells and tell me. Do the kind of democracy in the United States, where every state controls every resources available in their domain.
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 12:41pm On May 09, 2021
stevnwigw1:

You convinced the Niger delta that the Igbos are after their oil, thereby handing same to your Fulani brothers, do a random check on the owners of the oil wells and tell me. Do the kind of democracy in the United States, where every state controls every resources available in their domain.

We are discusing constitution... That's what concerns me.

I don't know anything about oil.

If you need oil well, go and apply.
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by SweetVibe: 1:50pm On May 09, 2021
bilms:

We are discusing constitution... That's what concerns me.

I don't know anything about oil.

If you need oil well, go and apply.
Is it the 30k you receive every month from the government that you are creating rubbish topic to justify your pay. POVERTY IS A BASTARD
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 09, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 4:25pm On May 09, 2021
SweetVibe:

Is it the 30k you receive every month from the government that you are creating rubbish topic to justify your pay. POVERTY IS A BASTARD

So, you are angry because you are not getting 30k?

Okay, send me your account let me send you the 30k.
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by orisa37: 6:17pm On May 09, 2021
NOW IS A REPEAL OF THEN.

ALL WE ARE SAYING IS REVIEW THE EXCLUSIVE LIST OF THE 1999 CONSTITUTION AND LIMIT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO FOREIGN AFFAIRS MILITARY AND TREATIES SEALING ONLY.
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 11:10pm On May 09, 2021
cool
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by Imsoblessed: 9:42am On May 10, 2021
When I saw the topic, I knew it would be one stupid almajiri write-up

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 1:18am On May 11, 2021
sad
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by rummmy: 3:49am On May 11, 2021
Few northerners just wrote something and call it constitution....Yoruba people self.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by bilms(m): 4:41am On May 11, 2021
cool cool
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by Chiedu4Trump: 4:44am On May 11, 2021
Only the north wants the 1999 rubbish

The sooner the south rids itself of the north the better
Imsoblessed:
When I saw the topic, I knew it would be one stupid almajiri write-up
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Need A New Constitution? by ecomalchemist(m): 5:34am On May 11, 2021
absolutely

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Military Cannot Bomb Bandits But Can Bomb Imo State / Top 10 Nigerian Media Giants Still Tweeting After FG Twitter Ban / Incredible! How Jega Rigged 2015 Election In Favour Of Buhari (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.